Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On Grants Tweets

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    He is considering the countless stuff packs for TS4 as part of that equation -- using the number of DLCs as a basis for the game being "good". I guess it's clear why TS4 is the weaker entry.

That should tell you enough. The Sims 3, love it or hate it, just about had World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise by now. Many of those packs contained multiple themes from the many TS4 packs all in one expansion.

Edited to remove screenshot of Guru personal twitter. ~Rtas

Wowwwww he needs to delete that, that's embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion. Now I understand @Bagoas77 's position even more lol

OMG! Are you kidding me? How rude!
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The very fact Sims 3 is so much more open and added so much different, diverse stuff, makes it way more in depth and adds numerous different things to do. Because it tickles our imagination and there's nothing deeper than that. Joining the forums here broadened my view on this, because I met simmers who were doing things in their games that never even had occurred to me. I don't think Sims 4 offers that, because the gameplay is so scripted and one dimensional. The developers came up with a plan and we play it. And each and every simmer has no choice but playing the very same game.

I completely disagree with this entire statement. Depth is subjective, I find the Sims 4 packs to have an enormous amount more depth than Sims 3 packs ever had. Sure Sims 3 has a lot of stuff, but in the long run, a lot of this stuff never proved completely useful in my normal game play, it would be stuff that I play around with time to time, but nothing that ever really expanded my game play as a whole. Sims 4 however offers game play features and tools that have completely changed and expanded my normal game play, the club system, lot traits, better cats and dogs (in my opinion), a calendar/holiday system, and now a celebrity and reputation system, all these, and some other features that I haven't mentioned, are features and tools that I use in my game play every single time I play, and I find it difficult to play without these features whenever I go back to playing Sims 3. Very few expansion packs from Sims 3 changed my game the way almost every single expansion pack from Sims 4 has (so far), and that's probably just because of how I play my game.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong for thinking Sims 3 is better and has more depth, but I'm not wrong either for thinking Sims 4 is better and has more depth. It really is just a matter of perspective.
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    They really shouldn't use The Sims 3 as their base.

I remember very well how The Sims 3 was in fact very disappointing in a lot of aspects, its attraction system was not near as good as The Sims 2's, it didn't have apartments at all, just regular lots inside shells from where Sims would come out occasionally, retail? haha it was Store content and it was absoutely barebones, same for restaurants, active careers were also extremely boring, playing generational-style was devoid of any fun whatsoever because there weren't any difference between age groups until Generations and University Life came up.

BUT The Sims 3 had CAST and open world, so yeah, The Sims 3 was a different game than The Sims 2, it was a different experience which The Sims 4 will NEVER provide, the feeling of playing inside an entire city and not just locked to a single lot.

The Sims 4 plays much more like The Sims 2, we are back again to playing a single lot at a time, the experience is back again to being much more local rather than how the sims behave in the entire city, the focus is on the sims themselves, but aside from engine improvements The Sims 4 still lacks an immense number of content that The Sims 2 had, the Sims have no personality whatsoever, they don't have memories, they don't even remember fighting a Sim seconds ago and just proceed to hug each other after an intense argument, they don't have chemistry, every Sim treats each one exactly the same way, there's no drama, there's no fun situations like in The Sims 2, honestly it's kind of sad how the ONLY thing The Sims 4 has to provide over The Sims 2 is technical improvement and an amazing CAS but that's about it.

Now yes, The Sims 4 is improving, largely, now I can actually play Simulation Mode and not want to close the game 10 minutes later, I'm just saying it's useless to say things like "we did X thing better than The Sims 3" when at the end of the day The Sims 4 is just an inferior version of The Sims 2 in many aspects while The Sims 3 will always stand out in its own way to huge features only it can provide.

Oh, and The Sims 3 has cars.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2019
    He is considering the countless stuff packs for TS4 as part of that equation -- using the number of DLCs as a basis for the game being "good". I guess it's clear why TS4 is the weaker entry.

That should tell you enough. The Sims 3, love it or hate it, just about had World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, and Island Paradise by now. Many of those packs contained multiple themes from the many TS4 packs all in one expansion.

Always respectful and charming I see. (Not you!)

Considering how many game developers hang out in their game forums engaging with fans, sourcing ideas, even just checking them to get a feel for the player mood. But why do that when you have people that squeal and shriek over colour swatches and stoke your ego...
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    In some cases sims 4 seems like a bad version of sims 2.I felt in love with the sims because of 3.Sims 3 felt like a sequel to two.They went farther .Sims 3 has open world, control aging, holidays ,honorable pets.What did Sims 4 bring that was revolutionary?

In sims 3 we had playable ghost and they had children.This was partly taken out in four.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, just a heads up, let's try not to post screenshots of a Guru's personal twitter. Regardless of their opinion and whether you agree or not, they are entitled to their privacy.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Hey folks, just a heads up, let's try not to post screenshots of a Guru's personal twitter. Regardless of their opinion and whether you agree or not, they are entitled to their privacy.

But it isn’t his private twitter account- it’s his official Guru account in which he publically engages with fans. There is a whole thread dedicated to posting these tweets to keep fans updated. For those that don’t use twitter. This is no different.

Also, the person in question INVITED fans to ask questions. He answered. I believe the person in question has an actual personal account with no affiliation to their profession.

He posted that on his official Guru Twitter account??? And y’all didn’t catch that the first time? Uh oh

But it isn’t his private twitter account- it’s his official Guru account in which he publically engages with fans. There is a whole thread dedicated to posting these tweets to keep fans updated. For those that don’t use twitter. This is no different.

Also, the person in question INVITED fans to ask questions. He answered. I believe the person in question has an actual personal account with no affiliation to their profession.

He posted that on his official Guru Twitter account??? And y’all didn’t catch that the first time? Uh oh

I’m talking about the 25 pieces of content tweet and more than the sims 3 at this point tweet.

Are we talking about the same tweet?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I’m talking about the 25 pieces of content tweet and more than the sims 3 at this point tweet.

Eh we might not be. It’s early lol

But the tweet that has been scrubbed from this thread is one that is saying a disparaging comment about forums in general. Apparently that was from a Guru’s personal account and not his “Guru” account which is why it was removed from this thread.

I thought you were offering the correction that no, it was said from his “Guru” account.

But idk. It’s wild either way in my opinion. That’s like a famous basketball player saying he hates playing basketball. Do you realize the public outrage that would ensue? Doesn’t matter if he said it at the barbershop, it’s wild in my opinion, like a slap in the face to his fan base that has made him rich.

Eh we might not be. It’s early lol

But the tweet that has been scrubbed from this thread is one that is saying a disparaging comment about forums in general. Apparently that was from a Guru’s personal account and not his “Guru” account which is why it was removed from this thread.

I thought you were offering the correction that no, it was said from his “Guru” account.

But idk. It’s wild either way in my opinion. That’s like a famous basketball player saying he hates playing basketball. Do you realize the public outrage that would ensue? Doesn’t matter if he said it at the barbershop, it’s wild in my opinion, like a slap in the face to his fan base that has made him rich.

Ah apologies, I thought the moderator was referring to the tweets about sims 4 content.

I wasn’t talking about the one you mention.

I agree though with your points!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The game will improve only when the person in charge is mature, responsible, cares about the game & it's quality, and makes sure that all involved in its development/production care. From what I've seen of the game after all these years, and on the live presentations that come out on occasion, none of what is needed is currently present.

Well then you'd have to say the same thing about some of Sims 2 and all of Sims 3 seeing the ones we see on Camera have well over 10-12 years doing the same things they are doing now in those games. Lyndsay started in Sims 1. Same devs, same engineers, same animators etc. The only thing different is the heads of EA, the VP of the Sims Division, some of the artists, some of marketing, and the fact more devs etc who have been there a long time finally decided to become Gurus. Of course being a Guru only means they are volunteering to talk with Simmers - it has nothing to do with making the game.

I have thought to myself many times and wondered why these same people did something else so much better in 2 or 3 - why go so far in a different direction with less appeal - then I realize why they have to do that - is because it has to be different than all the rest of the versions other wise people then start harping about them stealing this or that from the other games and just being lazy. Seems there is no winning for the team. But fact is you can't have it both ways.

The game is a reflection on the producers, Creative Director (which has changed three times in four years) and who oversees them, which is Sim Guru Lyndsay, experience yes, but building an object doesn't make someone a great producer or manager. Just saying that in general not saying that about this team. The games of the past are different because they had different producers, managers, leads, artists, focus, vision and different Creative Director, and Lucy Bradshaw who was over them. The direction will always fall on the producers, and creative director and the person over them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

In Late Night we got bridgeport, apartments(which could be built in any world), vampires, celebrities, subway travel, the food truck, new film career, new zodiac sign for compatibility, group outings, a new dance and the list goes on. Plum, that is like City living, Get Famous, Vampire GP with a touch of Get together with group outings and a bit more than what we have so far and a bit less with the film career being expanded on in 4. If you look at it that way, the expansion in Sims 4 are REALLY lacking.

Not to mention that we also got bands in Late Night. :)
    Bands have not been in Sims 4 yet.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Wowwwww he needs to delete that, that's embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion. Now I understand @Bagoas77 's position even more lol

That was my reaction too. All forums are trash?... Just wow. Way to blast all the fans of pretty much anything anywhere.

I am copiously saddened to hear that that is their thoughts. Sad. I do so hope that I have not contributed to that in any way...
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Im tired... You know the real problem? When a base game is bad the DLCs will never be as good. Thats a fact!
    edited March 2019

OH yeah you are so right. Let's just look at late night as an example. In Late Night we got bridgeport, apartments(which could be built in any world), vampires, celebrities, subway travel, the food truck, new film career, new zodiac sign for compatibility, group outings, a new dance and the list goes on. Plum, that is like City living, Get Famous, Vampire GP with a touch of Get together with group outings and a bit more than what we have so far and a bit less with the film career being expanded on in 4. If you look at it that way, the expansion in Sims 4 are REALLY lacking. You can't say you have had more pack releases when you have chomped the content being released in those packs in my opinion.

Edit: After thinking about it more, I feel robbed LOL.

Allow me to add on to this comparison,

Sims 3 Late Night added the following:
    - Bridgeport (City World)
    - Apartments
    - Vampires
    - Celebrities
    - Subway Travel
    - Food Truck
    - Film Career
    - Zodiac Signs
    - Group Outings
    - a new dance
    - and more

Sims 4 added the following in the following packs:
    - San Myshuno (City World) - from City Living
    - Apartments - from City Living
    - Vampires - from Vampires
    - Celebrities - from Get Famous
    - Subway Travel - not in Sims 4
    - Food Truck (Food Vendors) - found in the following packs: City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville
    - Film Career - from Sims 4 Get Famous
    - Zodiac Signs - not in Sims 4
    - Group Outings - found in Base Game, further expanded upon in Get Together with Clubs
    - Dancing - found in Base Game, further expanded upon in Get Together with the Dancing Skill

Now let's compare each feature,

City World: Sims 3 Bridgeport is much bigger compared to Sims 4 San Myshuno in terms of size, San Myshuno has festivals and dynamic public spaces that change over time.

Apartments: Sims 3 apartments can be placed in any world, Sims 4 apartments have lot traits and interactable neighbours.

Vampires: Everyone knows Sims 4 vampires are better than Sims 3 vampires.

Celebrities: I think it's also pretty obvious that Sims 4 celebrities are better than Sims 3 celebrities.

Food Truck/Vendors: I'm actually not too familiar with the Food Trucks from 3, don't know their exact functions so won't bother making a comparison here.

Film Career: Sims 3 Film Career is a rabbit hole career, Sims 4 Film Career is an active career

Group Outings: I believe Sims 3 and Sims 4 basic group outing system is very similair.

Dancing: Not too familiar with this dance from Late Night so I won't make any comparisons here either.

What can we conclude from this comparison?
    2/10 listed features currently aren't in Sims 4, the zodiac signs and subway travel,
    2/10 listed features I can't really comment on, the Food Truck/ Vendors,
    3/10 listed features are up to subjective opinion on which one is preferred, City World, Apartments and Group Outings
    2/10 listed features are objectively better in Sims 4 than they are in Sims 3, Vampires and Celebrities.

So sure, a lot of the content found in Sims 3 Late Night is found across multiple Sims 4 packs, but you also need to account all the other features all the other Sims 4 packs have that aren't in the Sims 3 Late Night. One Sims 3 Expansion Pack does not have more content than all of the above listed Sims 4 packs combined. City Living has a lot more content than just San Myshuno and Apartments. Get Famous has a lot more content than just the Celebrity System and the Acting Career. The Sims team doesn't divide up the content without accomodating in one way or another, you'll either find more depth in this chopped up content, or other misc. features alongside it.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I think it really better for in this case compare packs with other packs. Like late night should be compared with city living. In entirely. Get Famous should be compared with shiwtime.That seems to be more fair in both cases.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

OH yeah you are so right. Let's just look at late night as an example. In Late Night we got bridgeport, apartments(which could be built in any world), vampires, celebrities, subway travel, the food truck, new film career, new zodiac sign for compatibility, group outings, a new dance and the list goes on. Plum, that is like City living, Get Famous, Vampire GP with a touch of Get together with group outings and a bit more than what we have so far and a bit less with the film career being expanded on in 4. If you look at it that way, the expansion in Sims 4 are REALLY lacking. You can't say you have had more pack releases when you have chomped the content being released in those packs in my opinion.

- Apartments
    - Vampires
    - Celebrities
    - Subway Travel
    - Food Truck
    - Film Career
    - Zodiac Signs
    - Group Outings
    - a new dance
    - and more

- Food Truck (Food Vendors) - found in the following packs: City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville
    - Group Outings - found in Base Game, further expanded upon in Get Together with Clubs
    - Dancing - found in Base Game, further expanded upon in Get Together with the Dancing Skill

City World: Sims 3 Bridgeport is much bigger compared to Sims 4 San Myshuno in terms of size, San Myshuno has festivals and dynamic public spaces that change over time.

Apartments: Sims 3 apartments can be placed in any world, Sims 4 apartments have lot traits and interactable neighbours.

Celebrities: I think it's also pretty obvious that Sims 4 celebrities are better than Sims 3 celebrities.

Food Truck/Vendors: I'm actually not too familiar with the Food Trucks from 3, don't know their exact functions so won't bother making a comparison here.

Film Career: Sims 3 Film Career is a rabbit hole career, Sims 4 Film Career is an active career

Group Outings: I believe Sims 3 and Sims 4 basic group outing system is very similair.

Dancing: Not too familiar with this dance from Late Night so I won't make any comparisons here either.

2/10 listed features currently aren't in Sims 4, the zodiac signs and subway travel,
    3/10 listed features are up to subjective opinion on which one is preferred, City World, Apartments and Group Outings
    2/10 listed features are objectively better in Sims 4 than they are in Sims 3, Vampires and Celebrities.

So sure, a lot of the content found in Sims 3 Late Night is found across multiple Sims 4 packs, but you also need to account all the other features all the other Sims 4 packs have that aren't in the Sims 3 Late Night. One Sims 3 Expansion Pack does not have more content than all of the above listed Sims 4 packs combined. City Living has a lot more content than just San Myshuno and Apartments. Get Famous has a lot more content than just the Celebrity System and the Acting Career. The Sims team doesn't divide up the content without accomodating in one way or another, you'll either find more depth in this chopped up content, or other misc. features alongside it.

This is how I look at it as well. There are many things the Sims 4 has added and/or improved on from the past versions. On top of this, the game isn't finished yet. They have at least three more years to add to it.

My biggest complaint about the Sims 4 is the bland personalities. If they can fix that, than this will be the best version of the Sims imo (coming from someone who has played all four versions).

- Apartments
    - Vampires
    - Celebrities
    - Subway Travel
    - Food Truck
    - Film Career
    - Zodiac Signs
    - Group Outings
    - a new dance
    - and more

This is how I look at it as well. There are many things the Sims 4 has added and/or improved on from the past versions. On top of this, the game isn't finished yet. They have at least three more years to add to it.

My biggest complaint about the Sims 4 is the bland personalities. If they can fix that, than this will be the best version of the Sims imo (coming from someone who has played all four versions).

Exactly my thoughts!
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2019
    The thing is. TS3 had a more complete base game than TS4. So when he says s4 has more dlc, it's because the game's playing catch up to the previous installments while doing it's own thing.

So like, patches added ghosts, swimming pools, family trees, basements, dishwashers, repairmen, gardeners, nannies, toddlers, and probably some others. All of which were available in the s3 base game.

Sims 3 Ambitions gave us 5 professions and laundry. Get to Work came with 3 professions and laundry is in a separate pack. Sims 3 Late Night added vampires, the butler and celebrities, which are separated into 3 different packs for ts4. The laptop was added in ts4 StrangerVille but available in ts3 base game.

I want to say the bigger team has to do with engine and graphics stuff. Are things more in-depth when they separate it in ts4? Sure, kinda. BUT ts3 still gave more with a pack.

In a way, it's almost like quality vs quantity. Do we get more stuff like we did in the previous installment or do we get less with expanded features?

Edit because I agree with @RememberJoy that I am willing to overlook everything if I could just get some real personality in my sims
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019

- Apartments
    - Vampires
    - Celebrities
    - Subway Travel
    - Food Truck
    - Film Career
    - Zodiac Signs
    - Group Outings
    - a new dance
    - and more

The dance they speak of from 3 has to be the table dancing which wasn't a specific dance just dancing on a table. So it wasn't a dance really at all - just dancing on the table and gyrating now and then. LOL. Seems I do remember once they got good enough at dancing they could the gyrating on the floor too, like a line dance but I don't recall if that came in that pack or was added later. The first time I saw it on the floor was after University came out.

The food trucks moved a lot so they were hard to find for one - but if you found them you were better off not eating at one as they have a bad buff that said Sims are sick from eating greasy food. It never failed - it happened all the time. As far as I am concerned they could have gotten rid of food trucks as they really messed up your Sims day. I used to have my Sims carry fruit in their inventory to eat instead until they found a coffee shop or restaurant so they didn't turn green and get sick. The fair ground food shacks were better and your were better to go there. Fair food never makes my sim ill in Sims 3.

I actually love all the Sims games though - usually for their differences more than things they do alike.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2019
    Im tired... You know the real problem? When a base game is bad the DLCs will never be as good. Thats a fact!

Because of poor personalitiiiiies. *singing* Poor sims, they are all the same. No consequences in relationships,no memory, no attraction system, no likes/dislikes, no impactful traits, no logical emotions, no challenge, no nothing. University, Tropical etc won't fix it, even 100 DLCs more. The game is broken, they need to fix it & then make more DLCs.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited March 2019
    I agree that the team has put out more content than ts3, but for me, the difference is variety. when we got new stuff packs it would have the same objects but different design. for instance, fitness pack where we got the same exercise machines, plus one rock climbing wall, when we could have gotten weights, elliptical bikes, and more etc. I'm not saying one is objectively better than the other, and i enjoy both games even with their faults, but ts3 seemed "fuller" due to the variety of objects, careers, and other gameplay features.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2019
    taydev wrote: »
    I agree that the team has put out more content than ts3, but for me, the difference is variety. when we got new stuff packs it would have the same objects but different design. for instance, fitness pack where we got the same exercise machines, plus one rock climbing wall, when we could have gotten weights, elliptical bikes, and more etc. I'm not saying one is objectively better than the other, and i enjoy both games even with their faults, but ts3 seemed "fuller" due to the variety of objects, careers, and other gameplay features.

If this is all true, then why did we have all those threads (every month) complaining about droughts of DLC? No communication complaints and many, many, many drought threads.