Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking videos of other sims - who gets the fame?

Situation:
Reese is a pianist and organist, Lori her PR manager. Reese sometimes streams her practice sessions from home. Now if Lori took a video of her playing (with the drone) and uploaded that, who would get the fame? Lori or Reese?

B.t.w. they are both in the Social Media Career and Lori just made one star celeb from the normal job tasks that while Reese is between 2 and 3 stars. I must monitor Lori closely to prevent her overshooting Reese.

Related question: I bought Lori a movie camera. It seems functional, but what exactly does it do? Lori doesn't seem to gain any skill or fun from it and I haven't found out how to capture another sim's performance.

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    The person who uploaded the video does.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I was wondering about this. From my observations, since videos are really just categorized by their "type" it doesn't really seem to matter WHO is in them, who recorded them, or who edited them. The person who clicks "upload" gets the fame. Which...is kinda a bummer, but how much nuance could we really expect?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Actually it's exactly what I need. At first I was bummed when I read that the fame goes to the uploader, but then I realized that the uploader doesn't need to be the editor.

So now Lori (the manager) takes and edits the videos, but as long as I make Reese (the artist) hit the upload button, she gets the fame she is due as well as the income from the video. Lori instead gets media production skill from the station and her wage from Reese, but no fame (They are in the same household, so it's easy). I would have hated it when my non-tech savvy visual and performing artists would have had to level the media production skill.

On a sidenote I discovered by accident that children can use the media production station. Reese's daughter did a cute toy review that she uploaded. Lori, of course, did the editing while the girl was at school.