Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Universty my ideas

Uni is possably coming this year here area few things i would like to see

The World
I would like the world to be contaned so you won't have people asking you to travell half way across the country just for a drink. there sould be vriaty of lot types these should be.

1. Halls
2. Frat house (not for Community collage)
3. Student union
4. Study areas
5. Libery
6. Labs (not for Community collage)
7. Coffee shops
8. A Stadum(not for Community collage)
9. Lectur theaters

I want 3 diffrent unis

1.Community collage
Prehaps your sim have not done too well at school well they can still go to collage just a comunay collage as apposed to a proper uni and can't
get the same Benfits as a mid or Russel group/ivy league not all coures will be avalabel pass your course here and you may be abel togo to a mid range collage.

2. Mid rage collage
Your sim did ok at school but was just an averige student a Mid range collage is not bad thing you will still start at higer leval but not as high as a Russel group/ivy league graduate.

3.Ivy League/Russel group
Your sim did well in school and you made it to the big time you will start at a higer leval and other sims will treat you with more respect when you leave.

Benfits of going to uni
I want uni lets say I have a sim called cassy who has got in to he uni of choice to do medicen (if you don't have Get to work you can't to the coures that relates to that career of course) when she leves Uni she should be abel to go in to the Doctor career at a higer leval then normal.

Compleating uni shpuld also open up a new 2active career resercher and Lecture.

Going to Uni
The Student path should be treated a littel like an active career from there student accomdation you will get a notfaction (your sim is off to class do you want to go with them)

I think thats all I can think about right now.

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm not hugely into a University pack, but I would prefer the world to be open so that my sims could still live at home if I want them to.

But I do hope that getting a degree in whatever field you choose will give you a boost in that field.

The only other thing I want to add is that coffee shops came with Get Together, so they probably won't come with University. But you can always add them if you have GT. :)
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I feel if we're gonna have a frat house we also need a sorority.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I'm not hugely into a University pack, but I would prefer the world to be open so that my sims could still live at home if I want them to.

But I do hope that getting a degree in whatever field you choose will give you a boost in that field.

The only other thing I want to add is that coffee shops came with Get Together, so they probably won't come with University. But you can always add them if you have GT. :)

Oh yeah I forgot about that the point was is that students need coffee infact my favourite Cafe is back in my old unI ( granted in a build that was put up after I left) I went to a Uni called Solent if you wan to see where I went here is the link www.Solent.ac.uk
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    How about College Rock?
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I'm not particularly interested in a University pack, at least not as much as others, so I haven't thought too much about it. The more I do though, the more fun it sounds! I'm also from the UK so my university experience is probably a lot different from most American players, but I do like a lot of the ideas here. For me I would definitely like there to be a good variety of degrees for different types of sims to choose from, ranging from the academic to the more practical. This should of course help to improve their employment prospects and progression in relevant careers. I would love a teacher career and a academic/research career. In my university we had houses/clubs based on our halls of residence (yes, kind of like Hogwarts), each with their own song and t-shirt, so something like that could be fun. We also had a student union which organised all the charity voluntary work, events and parties. There were also lots of clubs/groups for students e.g. politics, gaming, dance etc. I would like more games and leisure activities and not just drinking ones! :D There were also living areas for postgraduates in my university which were quieter, so perhaps we could have different areas or lot traits like we have in CL for first year party animals vs serious nerds who ever hardly leave their room or laptop. Speaking of, laptops that sims can actually use on their laps/anywhere and open too would be nice. I would also like it if we had an 'open university' option for those sims who can't afford to be away from home for various reasons and/or want to better their education later in life. We also had a nursery at my university, but they probably wouldn't include that in this pack. I always want more interesting traits for our sims, so I would hope to get some in University. Perhaps something like cultured, rebellious or socially awkward?