Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like customizing sims or building more?

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't get much opportunity to fiddle around with fashion in RL, so it's fun to do it in a game, where I can mix and match clothes and colors and people to my heart's content.

Building is fun on occasion, but I just don't have the same level of interest there. I get bogged down in the details of each room and start second-guessing every decision. And I usually hardly touch roofing or landscaping.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    I don't really like either. For me they're chores that get in the way of live mode. But I also like things to look pretty so I end up doing it more than I'd like. :p
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Building. Maybe thats the reason I don't care about TS4 since cas is the only good improvement.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I like both, but I prefer building. However, I can't build a house if I don't know what kind of household will live there and what traits will the sims living there have. Most of my houses are furnished in a way that represent the sims living in them.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I kinda like dressing sims and landscaping. But building either sims or lots from scratch is less fun for me. I'm more likely to makeover premades and download lots from the gallery.
  • Options
    shatinnshatinn Posts: 35 Member
    prefer building. I make a sim much as possible acceptable for my liking what I have in mind for my story line then go for build a house/home for him. I try to match up my sim(s) traits and attitude and furbish/decorate the house accordingly. I want the house reflect on who is living in there. Takes a lot of time but I think pays off when I see my sim(s) lives in there and act and feel at home.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like making sims. Sure, they all have the same premade face, but at least they're not bricks. I swear, I couldn't put two Lego bricks together if it was half done for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I prefer customizing my sims. I like customizing sims from "blah" to "wow!". The faces and clothes part is the best to customize, I think. Building is okay, not great. I'm not a fan of building houses.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    This is a hard one! I love both but I lean more towards customizing sims. I love making new characters and making them unique :)
  • Options
    masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @nerdfashion Haha, I love your profile picture. Looks like it took awhile to make that doggo 🐶
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Persoally creating sims.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like building lots more than CAS. CAS can just feel so tedious sometimes and it's something I spend a lot of time on but just want to get it done whereas it feels relaxing to build homes.

But I control and create thirty some different lots so doing CAS that much is a job lol. I still haven't reached everyone after seasons gave us new clothes categories. It was annoying having to go into cas to change everyone's clothes for summer and winter.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @masuloi I actually just found it while I was scouring the interwebs for Sims memes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    (Customizing- making sims) (Building- lots)

I really like both to be honest. If I had to choose one, I would definitely say customizing 👽

I love creating sims and making them diverse ✨

I build....I do some Sims and then I rarely play. But have been lately. Go figure.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    StarflareStarflare Posts: 13 New Member
    I love CAS and redecorating houses. never been good at building, but I've been practicing and have got better at it. Would love to build a mansion soon. Would probably look a mess.
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    > @Hejix said:
    > I tend to spend less and less time in cas and more and more in building... I find there are too many options to choose from. I only truly care about the concept, the feel, the traits, not facial details or fashion. I liked the simplicity of sims 1. As for building, I like when it tells a story. I especially like to build venues because I know the story of each bit and I know why I placed what where and I can reuse them more than once.

I completely agree! Building is my favorite. I always struggle to spend anymore time in CAS on the facial features more than clicking the randomize button until I see something I like...so all my sims look the same. But with building there's so much more freedom like you could make every room a different color and CAS there's only so many outfits and choices that I end up dressing all my sims in the same dozen or so everyday outfits and they're certainly all in the same three winter outfits.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > My one complaint would be that there is no cheat to unlock the career outfits and rewards. I really, really need to access the fabulous costumes in Get Famous and the Science career. I play a very unrealistic game and I use things like that to make really quirky, fantastical households.

There is a cheat for that! "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" you have to do it out of cas and sometimes I notice I have to do it twice for certain things to show up (ie: hidden pet toys) but this unlocks not only the locked furniture in build mode but also locked outfits, like for the scientist career. I believe bb.showhiddenobjects works similarly in CAS too, but I haven't really tested that out because I always put these two and moo on immediately when I enter build mode but I notice if I'm in CAS before I go into build mode, there are always less options, like I can't dress them as mad scientists. You could also do careers.promote "____" until they get maxed out and then have them quit the career to never have to use this cheat but that is a lot of work and will give you extra money and build mode items too.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I can't build, I have tried to improve and I suppose I have gotten a **bit** better at building, but I'm still hopeless. I much prefer making my own sims or giving makeovers to townies I find interesting but need a little tweaking here and there.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > My one complaint would be that there is no cheat to unlock the career outfits and rewards. I really, really need to access the fabulous costumes in Get Famous and the Science career. I play a very unrealistic game and I use things like that to make really quirky, fantastical households.

There is a cheat for that! "bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement" you have to do it out of cas and sometimes I notice I have to do it twice for certain things to show up (ie: hidden pet toys) but this unlocks not only the locked furniture in build mode but also locked outfits, like for the scientist career. I believe bb.showhiddenobjects works similarly in CAS too, but I haven't really tested that out because I always put these two and moo on immediately when I enter build mode but I notice if I'm in CAS before I go into build mode, there are always less options, like I can't dress them as mad scientists. You could also do careers.promote "____" until they get maxed out and then have them quit the career to never have to use this cheat but that is a lot of work and will give you extra money and build mode items too.

I've used that cheat before, but I thought it only covered the build/buy. I'll have to try it out again and take a look. Thanks!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I love both the same. I love coming up with households and their back stories but I also love to build too and will spend weeks on some builds. I love a more modern look with the builds I come up with an open concept at least for the First Floor and I especially love elevators added into my builds. They take up a lot less room than stairs do, I can put them in a corner and have the extra space that stairs would rob me of giving it a more polished modern feel.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    That's honestly so hard to answer... like I love building, but I think I might like customizing sims a little bit more.
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Options
    @GamingTweety Nice, me too! How long do you usually create a new sim?
  • Options
    @soko37 What's your favorite part when building lots? What do you enjoy building the most?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm all about creating sims!!! Definitely not a builder. I can spend hours in CAS alone on sims. All the details must be right, piercings, nail polish, cc skins and skin details, fashionable clothes according to the sims personality.
    I'm currently creating all the characters from the novel I'm writing just for fun.

I dread building. I usually just download a place from the gallery and edit to my liking.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @Babykittyjade Ah noice! I totally feel ya with getting every little detail right!! How long do you usually take to create a sim?