Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like customizing sims or building more?

Comments

• masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @Simpkin Haha, I cant build that good either πŸ˜•
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I cannot for the life of me....make a decent sim. But I have fun trying :D

I love building though. I can look in my library and see where I am getting better. I will never be much more than that though because I don't have the patience to build a very long time on one house before I am antsy to play my sims in that house :D
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @FairyGodMother Haha good to know! But aren’t you a fairy godmother? Technically you could just point your wand and make the house be finished 🎈
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    definitely building
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I love building. Rarely do I make sims, mostly just fix up premades and use the gallery.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Both and neither depending on my mood and purpose of the game session that day.
    I love building so much but as a real life interior architect, the building limitations of the game frequently 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. Then I remind myself it's just a game, not my design software lol But also, ironically, real design softwares do have one or two things to learn from TS4.

I like creating sims only when I have a specific purpose for creating a specific sim. I'm not much of a fashion person. After I do everything on a sim like traits, overall face, skin color, and everyday make up & accessories, it's usually a boring hassle for me to set formal, pj'si party, hot and cold weather.. etc. I usually quickly select something acceptable and move on. I wish there was a button to apply same make up for all outfits with one click though. That would be very helpful. My vampires on the other hand, I take their clothing very seriously for some reason idk why but I want them to dress like vampires strictly. Only classical vampiric looks accepted. No modern vampires allowed in my game. LOL
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Definitely customizing Sims. Sometimes I spend hours creating a Sim and then leave them on a vacant lot.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Probably building - I spend a lot of time in CAS on my toddlers, kids and teens, but half the time, my YAs, adults and elders end up wearing the same clothes I chose when they were teens. (Sometimes, I'll change one or two outfits, especially with my elders, if the teen clothes are totally inappropriate. Also, I usually have to take my elders into Change Sim to give them a bit of 'lift'.)

I've never used anything from the gallery. (Well, I did download a cherry tree once, when I was desperate for cherries to make pomegranates, and cherry trees were bugged and not growing where they were supposed to be.) I'm extremely picky about my houses - I don't like having things that block my view, and I never use MOO because of the problems it can cause in gameplay. I also like to put certain rooms toward the front - the toddler room and kitchen - and I have to have a greenhouse for my plants.

Mostly, I play my legacy family, and while I'd really like to move them, I'm not sure that I want to deal with moving all the stuff they've collected. Also, previous generations have upgraded everything in the house, and I'd have to start all over again with the upgrades. Maybe, once my current Sim reaches the top of the military career, I'll have her retire and make the move.

I do get a whim to build houses after reading a description in a novel, or seeing a house that looks interesting, so sometimes, I'll start a new save just to build something.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    This is a tough one. It's honestly 50/50 for me - I love creating and editing sims but I also spend hours building and renovating. I do both of those way more than I properly play. If I had to really pick just one, though, I'd reluctantly give building the slight edge.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Not a huge fan of building. I prefer using buildings from the gallery and redecorating. I love making Sims in CAS
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Building, hands down. Building/decorating was the very reason I began playing right from TS1. I do like creating Sims though and can spend over an hour or more creating them. But that doesn't even compare to the time I'll spend building, which can take anywhere from a couple hours to a few weeks depending on the size and situation.

BTW @invisiblgirl, if you want to keep all your upgraded objects upgraded when moving to a new lot, just put those objects in the household inventory. They'll stay in their upgraded condition to place in a new build on a different lot, or back in a copy of your original house moved to a new lot. :)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I love building. If I am bored of my current family gameplay I always go to buildmode and create lits that I might never use, but just for the fun of it. For CAS, however, I am not picky about the clothes they where, and I am not a fan of that mode since ita not my preference. I only use it when sims aged up, creating a new game, or redisgining those ugly NPC outfits. If they gave us a CAW tool, my biggest fear is that I will spend more time building a world rather than playing the sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I rarely make sims or build. My playable sims are all the offspring/relatives of my main couple and all of my lots are downloaded from the Gallery. I occasionally redecorate some of the lots I download.
  • GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    I can spend hours in CAS but I cannot for the life of me make a nice house :/ I can decorate though!
    giphy.gif
  • mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    I prefer CAS. I get so invested in the sims I am creating-I invent their backstory and show their personality through the clothes they wear. I like building too, but my houses could definitely use some work, especially the exteriors.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Building, hands down. Building/decorating was the very reason I began playing right from TS1. I do like creating Sims though and can spend over an hour or more creating them. But that doesn't even compare to the time I'll spend building, which can take anywhere from a couple hours to a few weeks depending on the size and situation.

BTW @invisiblgirl, if you want to keep all your upgraded objects upgraded when moving to a new lot, just put those objects in the household inventory. They'll stay in their upgraded condition to place in a new build on a different lot, or back in a copy of your original house moved to a new lot. :)

Right - I've got some objects in the household inventory that were upgraded but aren't in use, or are rarely used (such as the microscope). However, I'll definitely want to buy new bathroom fixtures and kitchen appliances for the new house. I think there's an option to move with furnishings that would put everything in my inventory? That's a lot of stuff, though. My basement is full of fish tanks with fish kept for fertiliser and display cases for all the relics I put together from my last generation's Selvadora explorations. I've got masterpiece paintings of a cat and grilled cheese. I have a bad feeling I'd end up with fish all over the place. Oh, and we've got a skating rink, now. My house is a mess. My Sims seriously need one of those declutter people to toss everything in the trash.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • dfstonedfstone Posts: 215 Member
    I don't like building from scratch. I like taking whats there and improving it.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I like to build much more than make sims. I rely on the gallery for my sims and than adjust them to my whims at the moment.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I kinda like creating sims and not as much building but decorating the places. I have to force myself to do different styles, as I tend to stick to the older Victorian styles for any building, whether venue or home. I do find that I seem to do better at making sims different than with my decorating, tho I like both alot.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am more into building. I also download most CC for build/buy rather then clothing items. I find most clothing items are so bugged and don't always look nice on every sim and shape.
    Recently I convinced myself to download a few clothing CC and had the above issue.

Besides that, I just create a family to start off with and play generations, so rarely create sims unless i need a little break and create a side family played on aging off :) I think EA did a better job at sims clothing/looks with TS4 then ANY OTHER sims game! Expecting more to come.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends on the mood. Right now I've got a long-term project where I'm working with an empty save (all the premades deleted other than Father Winter just because I like his name (Clement Frost). I'm evaluating some of the houses and deciding which ones to replace and whch to keep but remodel (add basements and such). I'm calling it my OG Sims save because I'm adding in the Sims families that Maxis has uploaded to the Gallery (Newbies, Pleasants etc.) plus a few of my own (so far I've done the Brokes because Dustin and Angela). I've also taken the Landgraabs and Goths and aged them down a bit -- I made Cassandra a child and Alexander a toddler, and with the Landgraabs I moved Johnny Zest back in, changed his name to Jonathan Landgraab, aged him down to teen and Malcolm to Child. Might take it one step further down and age Nancy and Geoffrey to YA, Jonathan to child and Malcolm to toddler. I do like to make Sims though especially when we get new content so I can explore the new CASsets (hair and clothing).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    I like building the most. I'm working on a save file where every lot is/will be one that I created on my own; so you could say I like customizing the world for my sims more than the sims themselves. Although, I do really like for my sims clothes to match
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Sims... I like making male sims because all my female sims always look the same :''D At least with males I can get some variety... Sometimes I like to build houses but I'm not very good at it and I always get bored while doing it and I end up never finishing :d
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    masuloi wrote: Β»
    @FairyGodMother Haha good to know! But aren’t you a fairy godmother? Technically you could just point your wand and make the house be finished 🎈

Oh how I wish I could do that! My wand is broke right now, LOL.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Definitely a CAS kinda gal.