Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Available)

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    All this time is probably being used to bug fix as much as possible so that that the Legacy Edition is properly patched and ready for download when it come available.
    For those with lower end machines, not able to upgrade to any new packs from the end of February 2019, using the new specifications, they will have to each download the Legacy edition, apparently, and not wait for it to be delivered to them. I'm not sure how they will get to know if their game will run new packs though. Maybe EA/Microsoft will release a new version of that app. that checked if it will run for you.

There will be no updates or new packs for that version. Packs up until Strangerville are all that will be available for it

That's what I said. The fact that the Legacy Pack is not available yet is probably because it is being patched as far as possible.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I’d appreciate it if they unlocked the decorative items from Strangerville, honestly. Not sure I necessarily expect it, though. Hopes aren’t high for much.

Otherwise, I really just want bug fixes. I’d trade any content drops in the patch for more bug fixes, because there are a lot of things that need sorting out.

THIS. It was a stupid choice for them to not unlock all those beautiful buy/build items in Strangerville. I used a mod to open them up but I shouldn't have to do that. If a modder managed to do it that fast then the actual team should have no problem!

Look at 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    It's an example of something a single modder did that the Sims devs can't.

Something like WW will never be in The Sims because of the T rating, regardless of the dev team can or cannot or will or will not want to do.
    I’d appreciate it if they unlocked the decorative items from Strangerville, honestly. Not sure I necessarily expect it, though. Hopes aren’t high for much.

Otherwise, I really just want bug fixes. I’d trade any content drops in the patch for more bug fixes, because there are a lot of things that need sorting out.

THIS. It was a stupid choice for them to not unlock all those beautiful buy/build items in Strangerville. I used a mod to open them up but I shouldn't have to do that. If a modder managed to do it that fast then the actual team should have no problem!

Look at 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

It's not cause they couldn't but that would have taken the game rating to M.

When I say Can't, it's now always "Lack the Skill or Tools", just because that's why I can't do something like that.
    Sometimes it's like "they are not permitted/allowed to do it and would lose their jobs and perhaps end up in jail if they tried".
    What you are arguing is "They totally could, if it wasn't for the reason they can't", to which I answer "Yes, but they still can't"
    I'm sure that in regards to their Skill, know-how, and resources, they totally could. They managed to create the game. Somewhat... Arguably...
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it's an overhaul on personalities. Attraction system, memory, impactful traits, consequences, better reactions, likes/dislikes on activities, favorites, zodiacs etc.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I can't really speculate on anything since with the announcement of TS4 Legacy edition its even more unlikely for us to get new content before june

Well at least that means we'll get an expansion pack in june :)

That would be three months of nothing... I’m not sure, that seems a bit too long. But I as well reckon there will be an EP in June.

I think we might get a Stuffpack in April or May.

There are no more stuff packs.

That hasn't been confirmed from the gurus.

Look at 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Something like WW will never be in The Sims because of the T rating, regardless of the dev team can or cannot or will or will not want to do.

Look at 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

It's not cause they couldn't but that would have taken the game rating to M.

When I say Can't, it's now always "Lack the Skill or Tools", just because that's why I can't do something like that.
    Sometimes it's like "they are not permitted/allowed to do it and would lose their jobs and perhaps end up in jail if they tried".
    What you are arguing is "They totally could, if it wasn't for the reason they can't", to which I answer "Yes, but they still can't"
    I'm sure that in regards to their Skill, know-how, and resources, they totally could. They managed to create the game. Somewhat... Arguably...

Actually the kisses that were added with that mod I dont think would raise the rating. It's the other stuff.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I think they confirmed that that was an oversight.
    Somehting different, but do we know anything about the next Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage or even where our CM has gone? I miss all her updates and infos...

I'm worried cause Kate has been silent.

Yeah, uh there’s a reason for that. I’ll just say it’s not good and let you decide if you want to look into it more.

Is there anything confirmed about this, then? What do you mean?

I would like to give you a short summary, but threads and discussions about it have been locked here, so I won't risk it. I hope it's okay to link this summary without any further comment though https://simscommunity.info/2019/03/11/lets-talk-about-what-happened-in-the-community/
    People hinted at it because the Sims team has been quiet since then, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.

I guess it is to do with that, but I hope they will announce something soon regarding the CM as this isn’t helping anyone, either.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I can't really speculate on anything since with the announcement of TS4 Legacy edition its even more unlikely for us to get new content before june

Well at least that means we'll get an expansion pack in june :)

That would be three months of nothing... I’m not sure, that seems a bit too long. But I as well reckon there will be an EP in June.

I think we might get a Stuffpack in April or May.

I could do with a fun Stuff Pack with a good theme.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Somehting different, but do we know anything about the next Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage or even where our CM has gone? I miss all her updates and infos...

Yeah, uh there’s a reason for that. I’ll just say it’s not good and let you decide if you want to look into it more.

I would like to give you a short summary, but threads and discussions about it have been locked here, so I won't risk it. I hope it's okay to link this summary without any further comment though https://simscommunity.info/2019/03/11/lets-talk-about-what-happened-in-the-community/
    People hinted at it because the Sims team has been quiet since then, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.

I guess it is to do with that, but I hope they will announce something soon regarding the CM as this isn’t helping anyone, either.

If you don’t mind me asking what is the urgency? Her inactivity hasn’t caused any disruptions in the day-to-day here, or realistically on any other Sims platform from what I can tell. I mean just yesterday the GM of Maxis studios sent out a few tweets ranking usage of all of their DLC. That was more interesting than anything I remember the last few CMs ever doing. We surely weren’t getting news from Kate on a regular basis, not that it’s her decision when to release info, but I’m just saying it’s not like her absence recently has left us with anything less than what we were already getting on that front.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

If you don’t mind me asking what is the urgency? Her inactivity hasn’t caused any disruptions in the day-to-day here, or realistically on any other Sims platform from what I can tell. I mean just yesterday the GM of Maxis studios sent out a few tweets ranking usage of all of their DLC. That was more interesting than anything I remember the last few CMs ever doing. We surely weren’t getting news from Kate on a regular basis, not that it’s her decision when to release info, but I’m just saying it’s not like her absence recently has left us with anything less than what we were already getting on that front.

Eh, I think people are just worried about Kate because Kate's the one in charge of the Maxis Monthly streams. And besides, she's always super active on Twitter posting player-made gallery lots and rooms and stuff.

Plus she's just super nice and she's gone unusually quiet. It's natural for people to be worried.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

SimGuruLyndsay is just the GM of The Sims. The GM of Maxis is SimGuruGMJoe.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    There's a new comment from @SimGuruLyndsay (qv) on Twitter saying ....."Please keep using the @TheSims for game-related topics and questions".

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There's a new comment from @SimGuruLyndsay (qv) on Twitter saying ....."Please keep using the @TheSims for game-related topics and questions".
    She could have also said: “The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has hit the fan”... There’s obviously a lot going on. I feel sad for Kate.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I hope they fix bugs. They really need to fix the festivals from overlapping one another.
    edited March 2019
    She could have also said: “The plum has hit the fan”... There’s obviously a lot going on. I feel sad for Kate.

I enjoyed the Twitter streams and the more friendly Guru trend (even Grant on occasion), so hope that things get back to normal. Obviously Lyndsay finds holding the fort a bit tiring!
    "Twitterers" is the right term for some of the tweets the Gurus get. So many of them and so many duplicate enquiries that obviously the Gurus are not allowed to answer and the neverending duplicate* gifs!
    *add triplicate, quadruplate, etc., etc....
    (But if anyone wants cheering up I recommend SimonsCat whilst waiting for normal service to be resumed)!
    elelunicy wrote: »

Ope. My mistake. Thank you.
    elelunicy wrote: »

Ope. My mistake. Thank you.

And it was Lyndsay who posted the rankings.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I could see bug fixes and maybe a stuff pack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm hoping for a new pack in May so fingers crossed it's preparing for that. My only other thought is perhaps something Easter related? But they do already have the holiday from Seasons so probably not... It would also be good if they added the option to turn off the story in Strangerville!

Since the Legacy edition in June only goes through StrangerVille, likely we won't have new paid DLC until after Legacy is released. I think the next two patches are going to be heavy on the bug fixes; we could get something small like some new garden flowers for May (tying in to Spring). I'm not sure we'll get anything specifically Easter related since we do have the Easter-related items in Seasons (egg hunt, Flower Bunny).

You have to use a mod and a cheat, but you can turn off the Strangerville Story: https://sims-online.com/sims-4-strangerville-cheats-complete-storyline/#skipstoryline And actually Strangerville is fine as long as you don't start playing the storyline, other than the odd acting Sims and after you've met a few of them they're not really active until late at night. (My Sim's dad ate the fruit so now she's got extra incentive to find a cure.) You could place families there and they'll be just fine.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Personally i don’t think we’ll get any paid dlc until june, because they state that for the legacy title all packs up until and including strangerville will be available. Releases after strangerville will not. So if they released another paid dlc before ending support for 32 bit wich happens in june why wouldn’t you be able to play that since it’s still supported. 3 months however is a long time and i don’t hope it happens but i do think it will.

That doesn't mean we won't get another Stuffpack in April or May. People with 32 bit just won't be able to play it.

That makes no sense -- "here's this great pack, too bad you can't play it" Plus, no paid DLC the next couple of months gives them more chance to eliminate existing bugs; they're going to want as clean a game as possible before going Legacy. We could get some non-paid content though in the next couple of months that's not bug related, like some tweaks to base game careers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Please fix the vampires. Please.
    Personally i don’t think we’ll get any paid dlc until june, because they state that for the legacy title all packs up until and including strangerville will be available. Releases after strangerville will not. So if they released another paid dlc before ending support for 32 bit wich happens in june why wouldn’t you be able to play that since it’s still supported. 3 months however is a long time and i don’t hope it happens but i do think it will.

That doesn't mean we won't get another Stuffpack in April or May. People with 32 bit just won't be able to play it.

That makes no sense -- "here's this great pack, too bad you can't play it" Plus, no paid DLC the next couple of months gives them more chance to eliminate existing bugs; they're going to want as clean a game as possible before going Legacy. We could get some non-paid content though in the next couple of months that's not bug related, like some tweaks to base game careers.

If we get free content I hope its cars.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited March 2019
    I am completely fine with bug fixes. Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes. My sims are occasionally teleporting randomly, such as them watching tv, teleport to dishwasher, and then teleport to tv again or to their next action. That and whim fixes, such as starting a club meeting, and grilling foods that don't get satisfied even though you did the thing. And whomever mentioned the "asked to one lot, show up at another" glitch. That has also been grinding my gears.

As for free stuff? I'm guessing some kind of Spring/Easter theme, which I'm fine with, especially if there are lots and lots and lots of bug fixes.

:)And more whims, more whims please thanks :)
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member

What in the heck is this Legacy thingie I keep hearing about? Can you explain/post links?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

What in the heck is this Legacy thingie I keep hearing about? Can you explain/post links?

EA is stopping support on 32-bit computers. After June, people with that computer will not be able to play new TS4 packs. You'll only be able to play everything up to Strangerville. If you have a 64-bit computer you aren't affected by it.

As of June 2019 Maxis will only support the 64bit version of The Sims 4 and going forward all content will require the 64bit version of the game. The legacy edition is the 32bit version of the game and is only compatible with packs upto Strangerville and will not receive any additional content or bug fixes. It’s not currently known if CC/Mods will be immediately compatible or if they will need updates to work since it will technically be a different version of Sims 4 than the one everyone currently has.