Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Available)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    In the maxis monthly Kate said that some stuffs should happen in the April Patch, so I don't expect only bug fixes. Maybe it's time for better personalities? 🤭

Wait, which Maxis monthly? Did kate announce an april patch?

The one in Early March.
    Scarlett2k wrote: »
    I want them to fix the location bug where my Sim is invited to a location and winds up somewhere else. This happened with the Get Famous release and has never been addressed.

Yes please.
    Personally i don’t think we’ll get any paid dlc until june, because they state that for the legacy title all packs up until and including strangerville will be available. Releases after strangerville will not. So if they released another paid dlc before ending support for 32 bit wich happens in june why wouldn’t you be able to play that since it’s still supported. 3 months however is a long time and i don’t hope it happens but i do think it will.

That doesn't mean we won't get another Stuffpack in April or May. People with 32 bit just won't be able to play it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    In the maxis monthly Kate said that some stuffs should happen in the April Patch, so I don't expect only bug fixes. Maybe it's time for better personalities? 🤭

Wait, which Maxis monthly? Did kate announce an april patch?

It was the March one that nobody wanted to see cuz it was said there wouldn't have been any patch.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We need a pack with an R&B station

I like R&B because of Mariah Carey. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm hoping for bug fixes and pack updates! (Updates for existing packs.)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ugh, knowing how silly they can act they’ll probably do some obnoxious April fools day prank and a couple of bug fixes.
    Did Kate announce the date for the maxis monthly in April yet? She’s been quiet on twitter ever since the heat she got
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Bug fixes obviously but I so wish we could get spiral stairs sometime soon.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I’d appreciate it if they unlocked the decorative items from Strangerville, honestly. Not sure I necessarily expect it, though. Hopes aren’t high for much.

Otherwise, I really just want bug fixes. I’d trade any content drops in the patch for more bug fixes, because there are a lot of things that need sorting out.

THIS. It was a stupid choice for them to not unlock all those beautiful buy/build items in Strangerville. I used a mod to open them up but I shouldn't have to do that. If a modder managed to do it that fast then the actual team should have no problem!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    We'll probably get bug fixes and that shelf SimguruGraham mentioned.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »

A shelf??? Lol
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    aprilrose wrote: »

A shelf??? Lol

An actually white shelf because better swatches
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Somehting different, but do we know anything about the next Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage or even where our CM has gone? I miss all her updates and infos...
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Bug fixes. I want my vampires fixed, please. If I had to choose between fixed vamps and new, free/paid content, I'm picking fixed vamps and other issues fixed (simulation lag, actions cancelling out on their own, etc.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Somehting different, but do we know anything about the next Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage or even where our CM has gone? I miss all her updates and infos...

I'm worried cause Kate has been silent.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I still haven't applied Feb's pre-pack patch as I've heard it's messed up people's games, so hopefully April will bring a patch to undo that damage as well as fixing some bugs.

Master vampires are no longer gaining vampire EXP/ power points and I'd like to see that fixed, also two previous bugs are back I've noticed; take down holiday decorations yet the rest of the neighbourhood still have them up, plus pets are being infuriatingly needy again, overfilling the action queue, and always when my sim has sat down to eat. :angry::angry:
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I can't really speculate on anything since with the announcement of TS4 Legacy edition its even more unlikely for us to get new content before june

Well at least that means we'll get an expansion pack in june :)

That would be three months of nothing... I’m not sure, that seems a bit too long. But I as well reckon there will be an EP in June.

I think we might get a Stuffpack in April or May.

There are no more stuff packs.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2019

/sarcasm on/ I wonder why that is... /sarcasm off/ I doubt it has anything to do with a pack release.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I can't really speculate on anything since with the announcement of TS4 Legacy edition its even more unlikely for us to get new content before june

Well at least that means we'll get an expansion pack in june :)

That would be three months of nothing... I’m not sure, that seems a bit too long. But I as well reckon there will be an EP in June.

I think we might get a Stuffpack in April or May.

There are no more stuff packs.

Says...? When was this confirmed?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I’d appreciate it if they unlocked the decorative items from Strangerville, honestly. Not sure I necessarily expect it, though. Hopes aren’t high for much.

Otherwise, I really just want bug fixes. I’d trade any content drops in the patch for more bug fixes, because there are a lot of things that need sorting out.

THIS. It was a stupid choice for them to not unlock all those beautiful buy/build items in Strangerville. I used a mod to open them up but I shouldn't have to do that. If a modder managed to do it that fast then the actual team should have no problem!

I think they confirmed that that was an oversight.

Yeah, uh there’s a reason for that. I’ll just say it’s not good and let you decide if you want to look into it more.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Yeah, uh there’s a reason for that. I’ll just say it’s not good and let you decide if you want to look into it more.

Is there anything confirmed about this, then? What do you mean?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Is there anything confirmed about this, then? What do you mean?

I would like to give you a short summary, but threads and discussions about it have been locked here, so I won't risk it. I hope it's okay to link this summary without any further comment though https://simscommunity.info/2019/03/11/lets-talk-about-what-happened-in-the-community/
    People hinted at it because the Sims team has been quiet since then, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    All this time is probably being used to bug fix as much as possible so that that the Legacy Edition is properly patched and ready for download when it come available.
    For those with lower end machines, not able to upgrade to any new packs from the end of February 2019, using the new specifications, they will have to each download the Legacy edition, apparently, and not wait for it to be delivered to them. I'm not sure how they will get to know if their game will run new packs though. Maybe EA/Microsoft will release a new version of that app. that checked if it will run for you.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    All this time is probably being used to bug fix as much as possible so that that the Legacy Edition is properly patched and ready for download when it come available.
    For those with lower end machines, not able to upgrade to any new packs from the end of February 2019, using the new specifications, they will have to each download the Legacy edition, apparently, and not wait for it to be delivered to them. I'm not sure how they will get to know if their game will run new packs though. Maybe EA/Microsoft will release a new version of that app. that checked if it will run for you.

There will be no updates or new packs for that version. Packs up until Strangerville are all that will be available for it