Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maids, Butlers, and Laundry

Will maids do laundry or at least start a load of laundry? What about Butlers? I haven't played enough with the butler to know whether they cue chores or not.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've seen nannies load the washer machine and I had a maid also load the washer machine in one of the apartments. But I don't recall them running the machine or switching loads ^^
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Ok, so load, but not stick around for the rest. Sounds like me. LOL
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I thought they did. I remember my butler starting a couple fires that way. I also remember him piling clean clothes up in the laundry room. I haven't paid attention to it for a long time though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think I've played with laundry once since I got it. I like the other decor items though. I think I'll try it out, and maybe a butler.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    My maids have done everything: wash and dry laundry. They don't put it away. Your Sim will have to do that or you end up with piles of clean dry clothes lying around. When the dirty clothes start piling up it usually means there is a problem. You have to check your Sim's inventory because it can collect there too. Usually someone forgot to remove the laundry from the washer or the dryer or the appliances have broken down. You have to repair or replace them when this happens.

As far as butlers doing laundry I've never actually seen them doing it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My maids and butler do it all. Even if you don't have machines, but clean the clothes the old way, hang in the clothesline... The only thing is that they don't put the clothes away. They will take it from the drying machine or the clothesline and just leave it on a table or counter. You just have to put it away from there.