Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can townies spy on you?

I met the conspiracy vendor in Strangerville and realized she had an electronic bug on her! It wasn't my sims who put it on her. So, who could it be? Men in black? Can townies spy on you? If so, it's so cool! :P

dk8W4hp.png
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I always thought that was part of the vendor, themselves. They sell it, so they wear it type thing, not the vendor is bugged type thing. I'll have to look out for this now. Although, I do think I bugged one of the vendors. Huh. I will have to check it out.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Hmm, you might be right. But that would definitely be fun if she was bugged for real. ;P
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Is there a way to remove a bug from a sim, not particularly the vendor but any Sim?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The vendor always has a bug. Townies can't bug your sims.
  • Options
    :(

It's funny how my sim is hugging everyone, even high ranking army officials, to bug them, when they're complete strangers. I wonder if anyone can catch someone planting a bug or they are all too naive to even care?
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Is there a way to remove a bug from a sim, not particularly the vendor but any Sim?

Yes, if you put the bug on the sim, spying on him deletes the bug.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    One bug equals one private conversation overheard. To constantly spy on a sim, continue to "bug" them, so to speak.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    only an actively played sim can place a bug on another sim. and once they do, that same sim has to 'listen to' on the listening station and select the bugged individual from the list to be able to remove the bug (that should cover @Atreya33's question). basically, i have my sim bug a max of 3 people, then listen to them all before placing any more bugs

as for the curio shop owner him/herself, that seems to be an aspect of running the shop. my guess is to say that the 'sib' (sims in black) are listening in on them constantly. if you bug the owner and listen to the bug, they lose the little tell until you change lots, then it's right back on them
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @hejix I love that part. Just randomly hugging people. "Naw, I'm just a hugger. What bug? Where? Is it a bee?"
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Thank you. It's the one feature from the pack I haven't tested yet. But if the bug disappears afterwards I'll give it a try.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    One day I will play a spy-sim and that one is going to bug all the fun sims. I like having little plans and story-ideas for future PT:s.
  • Options
    Did a sim ever noticed a bug was planted? Is it even possible? Paranoid sims maybe?
  • Options
    none i've ever used it on have noticed and i've used them on conspiracy theorists (who all automatically have the paranoid trait),secret agents, 'mib' agents in strangerville, the grim reaper, vampires, ghosts, aliens, temple guardians...basically everything in the game except father winter (and he's coming up soon, since it's late winter in my game, now)

sadly, apparently only grim and father winter have unique options outside of strangerville military and strangerville scientists. which is what i was checking for when bugging everything i could think of
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    Did a sim ever noticed a bug was planted? Is it even possible? Paranoid sims maybe?
    kalaksed wrote: »
    none i've ever used it on have noticed and i've used them on conspiracy theorists (who all automatically have the paranoid trait),secret agents, 'mib' agents in strangerville, the grim reaper, vampires, ghosts, aliens, temple guardians...basically everything in the game except father winter (and he's coming up soon, since it's late winter in my game, now)

sadly, apparently only grim and father winter have unique options outside of strangerville military and strangerville scientists. which is what i was checking for when bugging everything i could think of

Well that’s kinda weird they didn’t introduce a negative reaction to being bugged. Wonder why?
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Hi, I tried that with the vendor but I had no choice to spy him. So I let my Sim buy a bug and put that 2nd bug on him.
    I could spy him afterwards but he stil has a bug (the first one I assume). Any chance to get rid of it?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    @Busufu the vendor is purposefully always bugged. it's supposed to be a sign that the 'mib', 'sib' or whatever you want to call them (men in black, sims in black, whatever) are spying on him because he knows too much

if you bug him/her (him by default), your sim can spy on them and the bug notification blip will disappear...until you change lots. then it will be right back on the vendor
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @Busufu the vendor is purposefully always bugged. it's supposed to be a sign that the 'mib', 'sib' or whatever you want to call them (men in black, sims in black, whatever) are spying on him because he knows too much

if you bug him/her (him by default), your sim can spy on them and the bug notification blip will disappear...until you change lots. then it will be right back on the vendor

Understand. Thank you. Well, I think I have to deal with it.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋