March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Profession

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Paranormal/ Ghost hunter/ Fortune Teller career!
    Would be great in a Supernatural Expansion!
    a256aFi.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Cat burglar! They could add random burgles to the game again! You'd have different levels of 'job'. Starting with something small-time like B&E and ending with like, World class Diamond thief :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    Well First:
    Revisit:
    Retail & Restaurants, unless I'm missing I as the Boss, I want access to Hire any sim without a Job, and has high Qualification skills. I even took the time to boost my sims skills, to see if they would appear under the Hire window, and she didn't show up, So expand the window to display all sims. Also allow Played household Sims to get a Job in Retail/Restaurants.

Same for Butlers, and those other services.
    I wanted to create 3 custom Butlers for my Sim's household.
    well we can only hire one apparently... my Sims's Own a rather large estate. and I wanted one butler to be the chef, one to work as a Maid and Florist; While the last one is primarily the Assistant/Caretaker of the family, and Head of the House Hold staff.
    So, I would love it if the Sims I created could get a Job as a Butler. Then, when I rotate households, and play the Family, I could have them Hire the Butlers I created among other game generated Butlers. who have a Job as a Butler.

Further more, I want them to redo the Politician Career. I need my Sim to be a Governor, and the way its set up, it's not good enough.

another Scientist career that's not so focused on Aliens, but more so on Inventing more things.
    Like the Sim ray, rockets, plasma ball, cloning machine, Portals, and all that is fun but I would like more, that's not cannon to Aliens. I want my sim to be a great innovator.

I'd Still love my sim to get a Job as a Record Dealer. she has a great background in Music herself and it would be neat when she works with Artists and build them up.

I'm for a Farming Game/Expansion Pack
    I have a family who would build a dynasty off of their farmlands, Supplying their city, and grocers with food. Their Winery, and Brewery, later open a Tavern/Inn, Restaurant, and Retail Store. supply others too.

The University, I'd Like to be able to choose the Headmaster, Professors, and Sports coaches and what not.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Same for Butlers, and those other services.
    I wanted to create 3 custom Butlers for my Sim's household.
    well we can only hire one apparently... my Sims's Own a rather large estate. and I wanted one butler to be the chef, one to work as a Maid and Florist; While the last one is primarily the Assistant/Caretaker of the family, and Head of the House Hold staff.
    So, I would love it if the Sims I created could get a Job as a Butler. Then, when I rotate households, and play the Family, I could have them Hire the Butlers I created among other game generated Butlers. who have a Job as a Butler.

Yes yes yes! I NEED my own Downton Abbey! I just started playing a family with butler and there's a lot of room for improvement. Having these three branches would be great. Having the family pay for additional education so their butlers could perform new or improved tasks would be nice. I also wouldn't mind and assistant branch that could help sims with their social media accounts, hacking and upgrading electronics.
  • AlphaWolfHale00AlphaWolfHale00 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see an army profession/career in sims 4
  • SprinkleTasticSprinkleTastic Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd like there to be some kind of interior design career. Since there is already a clothing design helper thing, I thought there should be some kind of interior design helper? I also thought it would be cool for simmers who enjoy decorating homes like me, to have a profession for what they liked. They could include with this pack, a criteria, like someone has a $500 budget, or wants their room to be orange themed. This idea is open to interpretation, and if u have any other ideas that could work?
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I would like to see an army profession/career in sims 4

We just got a new military career with Strangerville, if that's what you had in mind.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Stylist so I can sort out all the townie fashion disasters. :D There could maybe even be a stylist business option for people that enjoy having their sims run a business.

You CAN be a stylist with Get Famous. I want: Farmer (follow to work), Captain (big ships) hopefully sailing from the harbour, and Pilot.
  • SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    I would love Interior Design and Architecture to be active career options, and I think teacher would be a good rabbit hole carreer.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I want playable careers for certain skills already in game that there isn't much to do with, like yoga instructor for wellness, singer for singing, dancer and dj, baker, that sort of thing.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I’d really like a lawyer career that would have a branch where you can be a judge. A therapist career would also be cool to add given all the *~emotions**~ sims have. Teaching career is a must as well- hopefully they’ll add that to an education or university pack.

I second the idea of adding rabbit hole careers that don’t have a lot of advancement.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2019
    Just spit balling...
    • Pet psychic
    • Mortician
    • Truck driver
    • Parent of a child beauty pageant contestant
    • Offshore oil rig operator
    • Hospice care nurse

adding:
    Professional tweeter and failed prognosticator
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
    And I also would like Daycarer for toddlers, Postman/woman, Real burglar, fire man/woman and priest.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Firefighters
    Active. We have fire and alarms. I would enjoy this a lot. Something for my sims who wants to be active but not military or cops.

Teacher
    Rabbit hole. I want the career but doesn’t need to see it actively.

Going into space
    Active. Not saying it is likely, just dreaming a bit.

Zookeeper
    Rabbit hole unless we get a very special pack. I would really like this for my sims who are into nature or less interested in a desk job but does not want to join the military, police or agents. I don’t want all of them to become gardeners. Bonus for those sims who are cat lovers or dog lovers to be able to work with animals.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Job changes I'd like is part time jobs for teens plus, work experience for teens in current adult only jobs. Jobs I'd like are likely returns from old series.
    ACT = activity like drama or scout
    PT = Part time

education
    PT: Tutor, main branches teacher leading to principal or school district chancellor
    law
    PT: File clerk/ librarian, main lawyer type like defense, pro bono, people bs real estate law etc
    Model(in sims 2 ps2)
    Photography branch, modelling branch
    Paranormal
    Fortune teller , Ghost hunter
    other scientist
    Oceanographer, food technician, astronomer, zoologist
    Circus
    Clown branch, Magician Branch
    Dance
    ACT: ballet/hip-hop, branches classical dancing and street dancing

Home career
    Nanny, kids are brought to your house to look after
    Personal trainer, they come to your house and you instruct them on exercise equipment. Have to balance not overworking them.

I would also like the slacker career again.

Some of these could fit in current careers as a third branch like trainer in athletic or magican in entertainer. Tutor could also be a at home part time job where a kid arrives with homework for help. There's also several already existing jobs I could think of after school activities for boosting their later performance, like a newspaper club for writing career, a dnd activity for gamer branch of tech etc.
    caitytrina.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Architect or interior designer. I miss that career from TS3 Ambitions.
  • meowcatmeowkittymeowcatmeowkitty Posts: 85 Member
    Architect making a comeback would be so cool, especially since items have color tags so you could ask the sim what sort of color scheme they want and try to work with that (most sims will give you a workable one, like a color and its complementary color or a color and a neutral color, but some sims might throw you some really weird ones)
    I build stuff and I'm always open for constructive criticism, so feel free to do that
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Just spit balling...
    • Pet psychic
    • Mortician
    • Truck driver
    • Parent of a child beauty pageant contestant
    • Offshore oil rig operator
    • Hospice care nurse

adding:
    Professional tweeter and failed prognosticator

This maybe the best list of professions in irl and the sims. I really want a hospice care nurse! and a mortician! and and! YES1
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Interior designer would be really fun
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Modeling with gigs
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    Firefighter! I am actually quite upset that the more traditional sims careers that I always used to use like doctor, military and police are not in the base game anymore. I would love to see more of this type of careers rather than modern or social media oriented ones. I don't even mind rabbit holes.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Education Career with two paths School Teacher for Elementary and Highschool and College Professor for College.
    Tattoo Artist
    Weather Mediologist.
    Journalism and News Media.
    Simuber like a Sim Uber or Lyft in game.
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    Flight attendant
    Pilot
    Hotel management career path
    Firefighter! I am actually quite upset that the more traditional sims careers that I always used to use like doctor, military and police are not in the base game anymore. I would love to see more of this type of careers rather than modern or social media oriented ones. I don't even mind rabbit holes.

I mind rabbit holes a lot. But I like the "follow sim to work" option, which we all wished so much, and I would like more of them, instead of all these "freelance" ones.
  • katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member

I mind rabbit holes a lot. But I like the "follow sim to work" option, which we all wished so much, and I would like more of them, instead of all these "freelance" ones.

Of course, the follow your sim to work option is awesome. But I understand that it is not possible with every career. I really don't mind not following a business path and similar jobs. Although culinary career would be a great interactive one. But I don't really mind rabbit holes since I usually always have other sims at home and I can just focus on them.

I agree that interactive career is probably better than freelancing but I love that they included the freelancer career for free so even basegame players can enjoy it.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie: