August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

123457...Next

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 3,661 Member
    edited June 18
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you a heads up - we have updated the FAQ to reflect the change SimGuruDuke tweeted about:

We previously announced that we were making some changes to the supported specifications for The Sims 4™ on PC and Mac on June 2019. We have decided to postpone this update to later this year. All players can currently play all released packs and will be able to play the recently announced Island Living Expansion Pack. We will share more information on the specific date once we have confirmation.

@simgirl1010, you might want to update the FAQ in your opening post here as well ;)
    You can find the changes in here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7954169#M13283

Postpone the change, but how much time?
    I guess to include at 32-bit support the 3 packs annunced at EA Play

Only hope I have is than Island Living with still support 32-bits no so lagy as Paradise Island
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 565 Member
    edited June 19
    After much panic looks like my MacBook Pro thankfully just makes the cut, being a mid-2012 model with a 64-bit processor. No desire to buy a new computer when this is the only game I play on it!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 764 EA Community Manager
    leo3487 wrote: »
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you a heads up - we have updated the FAQ to reflect the change SimGuruDuke tweeted about:

We previously announced that we were making some changes to the supported specifications for The Sims 4™ on PC and Mac on June 2019. We have decided to postpone this update to later this year. All players can currently play all released packs and will be able to play the recently announced Island Living Expansion Pack. We will share more information on the specific date once we have confirmation.

@simgirl1010, you might want to update the FAQ in your opening post here as well ;)
    You can find the changes in here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7954169#M13283

Postpone the change, but how much time?
    I guess to include at 32-bit support the 3 packs annunced at EA Play

Only hope I have is than Island Living with still support 32-bits no so lagy as Paradise Island
    It's planned for late 2019. We don't have a more specific date confirmed yet - we will update you once that changes.

One thing to note: you can choose to play The Sims 4 Island Living (or any Expansion Pack since Cats & Dogs) on 32-bits, but keep in mind that you wouldn't be meeting the minimum requirements for those packs: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-island-living#store-page-section-requirements
  • AllyanabellAllyanabell Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you, very helpful.
  • AllyanabellAllyanabell Posts: 8 New Member
    Is anyone able to help me with my decision to buy a new desktop to support Sims 4? Currently have a MacBoon Pro, but have been looking at Trident 3. I’m still considered a New Member even though I joined back in 2012/2013 timeframe so I can’t make my own post...
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 6
    Is anyone able to help me with my decision to buy a new desktop to support Sims 4? Currently have a MacBoon Pro, but have been looking at Trident 3. I’m still considered a New Member even though I joined back in 2012/2013 timeframe so I can’t make my own post...

Most technical support, particularly concerning system requirements to run the game, has been moved to EA Answers HQ (AHQ), so you might be better off checking there and asking there if necessary.
    Perhaps this might be the best place to start as it explains what AHQ is all about.

Welcome to the Sims Section of AHQ

and here

The Sims 4 system requirements

• heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,118 Member
    edited July 12
    Why do I keep getting the soon you can’t play this app anymore every time I open the game? My system DOES support 64 bit. Is there some kind of 64 bit update coming? I have packs I would like to buy but am confused if I’ll ever get to play them. Yes I am on a metal machine
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,571 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    Why do I keep getting the soon you can’t play this app anymore every time I open the game? My system DOES support 64 bit. Is there some kind of 64 bit update coming? I have packs I would like to buy but am confused if I’ll ever get to play them. Yes I am on a metal machine

Check in Origin -> Sims 4 -> Settings -> Game Properties -> Advanced to see if you're actually using 64 or 32.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!

Check in Origin -> Sims 4 -> Settings -> Game Properties -> Advanced to see if you're actually using 64 or 32.

And if I am using 32 bit what do I do?
    It doesn’t say :(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 10,291 Member
    type DXdiag in MS run command, it will tell you what you are running.
    AMD 2700X 16 GB AMD Radeon 590 8 GB Rosewill Rise Full Tower SB Recon PCIE 3D LG Ultrawide 34"
    i7 4770K 16 GB Nvidia GTX 980 Storm Trooper Full Tower SB Z Samsung 27"
    It doesn’t say :(

Definitely do as @Goldmoldar says. If you're actually running a 64-bit operating system, you should be seeing the choice to run 32-bit or 64-bit Sims in Origin. I'ts possible that you *could* be on a 64-bit operating system but *aren't*.
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 16,937 Member
    I recommend PC Part Picker. How I was able to custom build mine.
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

Everyone is a Simmer.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited July 17

I assume that isn't an option for Mac users? There is no info of that kind there for me.
    belpita wrote: »

I assume that isn't an option for Mac users? There is no info of that kind there for me.

That's correct. There's no 32-bit Mac version.
  • MarioCoxMarioCox Posts: 3 New Member
    > @LeGardePourpre said:
    > @ChelleJo
    >
    > EP04 Cats & Dogs is also 32-bit and will work with The Sims 4 Legacy Edition.
    >
    > GP07 StrangerVille is officially the very last pack released for Windows 32-bit.

> @EA_Mai said:
    > Hey,
    >
    > Leaving this link here, as you can read the details and FAQ in there - hopefully that will help clarify any questions ;) >>

Thanks EA_Mai, It is very useful for me.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 240 Member

The Mac version has been 64-bit only from the time it was released. The Mac change here is all about Metal vs. Open GL. Right now, any app that is still using Open GL and hasn't been optimized for Metal will generate a message that tells you that. It won't become an issue until the next version of MacOS.
    Tranquility%2BCreek%2BBanner.jpg