Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I hope for Legacy Simmers EA gets the bug fixed were you cant spray cats or dogs before the Legacy Version releases.

LOL )I think you mean "SPAY" and Neuter - CatLover - not spray! Too funny!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I hope for Legacy Simmers EA gets the bug fixed were you cant spray cats or dogs before the Legacy Version releases.

LOL )I think you mean "SPAY" and Neuter - CatLover - not spray! Too funny!

Yes.

I see my phone auto corrected. It's bad about that.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Manta wrote: »
    I'm pretty angry and sad about this! If they think the technology is so old why don't they make a new the Sims game? Sims 4's base isn't the best anyway.
    If the legacy edition could still connect to the online features I wouldn't mind but I feel like I'm being cordoned off from the game and the community for not being rich enough...

I haven't heard legacy simmers won't be able to connect to the gallery.

I heard they wont be able to go to the gallery
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Will any online features still work in The Sims 4: Legacy Edition?

The Gallery, game banners, and social integrations will be disabled.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7629106/thread-id/11424
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Manta wrote: »
    I'm pretty angry and sad about this! If they think the technology is so old why don't they make a new the Sims game? Sims 4's base isn't the best anyway.
    If the legacy edition could still connect to the online features I wouldn't mind but I feel like I'm being cordoned off from the game and the community for not being rich enough...

I haven't heard legacy simmers won't be able to connect to the gallery.

I heard they wont be able to go to the gallery

The first post on this thread specifically says that Gallery access won't be affected. Any builds or Sims with content from packs past Strangerville either won't show up or won't download with that content though -- not sure how that works.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2019
    Will any online features still work in The Sims 4: Legacy Edition?

The Gallery, game banners, and social integrations will be disabled. The Sims 4: Legacy Edition will not display or allow any purchases of content released after February 2019.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p/7629106/thread-id/11424
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    EA, do you realize that not every simmer can afford newer computers or memory cards? I thought that was why they made TS4 the way they did, so that it played well across all systems unlike previous iterations of the game. I hope the people being affected get their money back for the stuff they purchased that won't work.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2019
    Goth583 wrote: »
    EA, do you realize that not every simmer can afford newer computers or memory cards? I thought that was why they made TS4 the way they did, so that it played well across all systems unlike previous iterations of the game. I hope the people being affected get their money back for the stuff they purchased that won't work.

Everything they already purchased will still work. What changes is going forward they will no longer receive updates, patches, gallery access or dlc.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

and add to what said @Pamtastic72, computers than are not compatible with 64 bits are at least 10 years old and cant run most modern games, in first place because RAM, as only can run games than need upto 2 GB RAM and 1 GB video card as max.

Also no matter if you with your old 32-bits pc install Legacy Edition or no more play The Sims 4, when get a new computer, can install for free the normal version and all DLC you purchased
    leo3487 wrote: »

and add to what said @Pamtastic72, computers than are not compatible with 64 bits are at least 10 years old and cant run most modern games, in first place because RAM, as only can run games than need upto 2 GB RAM and 1 GB video card as max.

Also no matter if you with your old 32-bits pc install Legacy Edition or no more play The Sims 4, when get a new computer, can install for free the normal version and all DLC you purchased

But don't throw your old machine away when you get a new upgraded one. Keep Windows 7 on it and you can still play "The Sims." or the Legacy Edition. New ones come with Windows 10 (unless you get one with no OS installed) and it doesn't play lots of the old games. I keep my old machine offline for the purpose.
    edited June 2019

First of all what you have purchased will work in your machine - as they said through the date they gave us. New stuff after that date can not be used in your machine nor purchased for the 32 bit machine.

It is never a companies problem if your technology falls behind in coming content for newer technology. Keeping up is the responsibility of the player. In fact most of the big companies like EA and the people who make the computers stay up with the technology - not stay behind. The cpus, Gpus, the motherboards, the memory companies, the chipset - have move ahead already and even the operating systems - so why on earth would big companies continue to make obsolete content? Time marches on and waits for no one truthfully.

No one ever gave me a new car because the old one I had aged and died out. Life is like that. Everything changes, gets outdated and needs the newest technology - for many reasons - it is up to us whether that item is worth the investment - to me gaming is so i go without other things to have and build my own and best equipment that I can afford. I am housebound - cannot go anywhere but medical care - I keep myself entertained and connected to family and friends, see movies, and play games - work on my equipment - because I enjoy it. No body owes me anything - and that is the way I see it. Needless to say I am grateful - very grateful when someone gives me or buys me some part or pack for my game - it allows me to get it sooner - but I surely do not expect it from anyone.

It's the way of life for many people and technology needs not to be held back because everyone cannot afford something. Set a goal and make it happen a little at a time if you want to keep it - is what I was taught and live by. I am never sorry. It makes me happy.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I have a 64 system but if I try to play my game that away I have "issues" so I have to chose the 32 way is that going to cause a problem?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I have a 64 system but if I try to play my game that away I have "issues" so I have to chose the 32 way is that going to cause a problem?

It won't be an option anymore, I suspect, though I know that at least for a while it was helpful for people with only 4 GB RAM. We don't have those details yet. But there may be other things you can do with your setup to improve performance on the 64-bit system. Have you posted for technical help with running on 64 bits? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited June 2019

It won't be an option anymore, I suspect, though I know that at least for a while it was helpful for people with only 4 GB RAM. We don't have those details yet. But there may be other things you can do with your setup to improve performance on the 64-bit system. Have you posted for technical help with running on 64 bits? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

I can't figure out how to post over there..at all. Its easier to post here.. and I am logged in there..but there's no option to post at all a new topic or to reply to a previous topic
    6adMCGP.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

If you have 64 but only 4gb ram, they advise to update memory or change pc in the faqs.
    telmarina wrote: »

If you have 64 but only 4gb ram, they advise to update memory or change pc in the faqs.

@telmarina this is the ram I have: Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16332MB RAM so I have no idea what it means
    6adMCGP.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I hope someone can help you @MadameLee. I don't understand much of this. I only know about the 4gb ram thing, cause I read it in the faqs and went immediately to check how much I have in my pc.

I hope someone can help you @MadameLee. I don't understand much of this. I only know about the 4gb ram thing, cause I read it in the faqs and went immediately to check how much I have in my pc.

You have 16 gigs of ram - that is fine. You may need to reconfigure your pc as the 32 bit though is not going to work after June 19th - but you definitely do have enough ram for 64 bit - your setting may be just off. You might want to ask on HQ what settings etc you need or get someone live there to help you.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    @MadameLee , that means you have around 16GB of RAM, you should be okay :)
    I updated the graphics driver (and yes that does included restarting the computer) but when trying to work with 64 option (window mode) Its "flashes/blinks" alot?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Update from Windows Update or GPU site?
    Nvidia or AMD
    edited June 2019
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Update from Windows Update or GPU site?
    Nvidia or AMD

Nvidia graphic driver and it did it by itself. I also disabled the origin-in game but something's still making my game flicker. Yes my game is in Windowed mode
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited June 2019
    Try lowering the game settings to medium in the Options panel and see if that helps.
    I downloaded NVidia Geforce experience and let it find the game and used Optimal settings at first. It also supports Sims 3 and Sims Medieval.

Also....If your machine uses Intel you can download an Intel update utility from their site. When Windows 10 came out there were a lot of problems with manufacturers not having the updated drivers for it.
    It's here...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you have an HP machine there have been two updates for that in Windows update. One today, 6th June, after the 1903 update.
    edited June 2019
    I updated the graphics driver (and yes that does included restarting the computer) but when trying to work with 64 option (window mode) Its "flashes/blinks" alot?

Window mode is probably the issue - as last I knew 64 bit does not like window mode or even laptop mode. You might try not running in laptop mode as I believe that was just designed for 32 to work better but hinders 64 bit - and use full screen. Even on my powerhouse of a desktop pc it will act wonky if I jump from game to online - and my pc is made for gaming.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Window mode is probably the issue - as last I knew 64 bit does not like window mode or even laptop mode. You might try not running in laptop mode as I believe that was just designed for 32 to work better but hinders 64 bit - and use full screen. Even on my powerhouse of a desktop pc it will act wonky if I jump from game to online - and my pc is made for gaming.

Yes, I have a gaming laptop and never have used other than the full mode. I never had problems with flickering but really need to upgrade from my 8G to the 16G it allows - for more expansions.