Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't marry? (fixed with thanks)

duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
I'm hoping @igazor or someone else in the community that knows might be able to answer. My sim got an imaginary friend as a child, as most do. We went through the process of making her real and then the two grew up and hit college/university together. They started going steady in university with no trouble at all and moved home. They have a child together and both decided they want to get married. I raised their interaction level to extremely irresistable and started looking for the option to propose. It has never come up for either one.

So I went on a google search and found that I could find the problem with NRAAS debug under (that mod we can't mention here) When clicking romance on the partner I get the message "Not actor/target partner" depending on which does the interaction. I have had no luck finding out what this means or why its happening let along how to fix it! Please help if you can!

**I thought the message maybe meant that one or both had other partners but neither has ever been in any other relationship and have no tags in the friends menu for romantic interests other than one another.
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
Post edited by duhboy2u2 on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm actually not sure what's gone wrong there or what that mod debugger tooltip indicator means, it's not one of the condition messages that I recognize. Perhaps you could bring this issue to us at NRaas and another mod user or our developer can explain it better? My experience with IFs has been very limited.

Or alternatively, perhaps use MasterController Cheats to just set them as engaged or married if you can and see what happens?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you igazor. I appreciate your very fast response. I'm not very patient so I'll give the cheats option a try first. :)

I found the problem! I used the MasterController option to view relationship status and found that for whatever reason the Imaginary Friend was going Steady with Malcom Landgraab. I'm thinking it must have been a random match at prom that I never noticed or paid any mind to. Removing that relationship fixed the problem.
    @igazor one last question if you don't mind. I got to looking and it doesn't seem I have the cheats module. I'm not finding it on nraas.net. Is it called something besides cheats?
    @Satanu_Reeves Thanks :) Don't know how I missed that but I sure did. Appreciate the help :)