Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 10th Anniversary ideas pool

So this year marks 10 years since the successful launch of TS3 which still has a very large and still growing community of players.

But what are we going to do for the 10th anniversary? Will there be any official recognition or at least a mention on the forums?

I think that us players should get together and try and sort something out to celebrate one decade of the most highly rated Sims game of the past two decades! :smiley:

What shall be our suggestions?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    What a lovely idea especially if it encourages the silent majority of TS3 players to participate.

How about people post a picture of their favourite sim of all time and say briefly why.

For builders it could be a picture of their favourite creation. The same goes for world builders.

For creatives it could be a picture of a favourite CAP, a link to a favourite story they have written or a link to a legacy challenge. Assuming these links are within the forum.

The point is we each keep our post brief and only post once in each category. I will leave others to decide if it is acceptable to include modded images or images which include cc. Apologies if I have missed any group.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    What a lovely idea especially if it encourages the silent majority of TS3 players to participate.

That is very nice! I think there could be a lot of members that are not engaging very much here and I am a little curious on why not. :smile:

I am sorry, I have no suggestions on the celebration though!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It would be nice to have some sort of celebration but I am not very creative when it comes to ideas for such.

I also wonder if there will be any official recognition since the game is still going strong.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    It would be nice to have some sort of celebration but I am not very creative when it comes to ideas for such.

I also wonder if there will be any official recognition since the game is still going strong.

I wondered about official recognition of the event but I can't remember anything happening for TS2 so concluded it was unlikely.

PS I love your avatar. I was wondering what had upset her as she looks really cross :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Bettyboop55 I didn't realize that TS2's anniversary wasn't acknowledged. Such a pity because I loved that game before I got hooked on TS3.
    My young SS was playing catch with her husband. You know how vicious sims get with balls when they have a few athletic skill points under their belt :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Bettyboop55 Thanks for the suggestions :smile:

@Mikezumi TS2 had TS4's launch for it's anniversary so not much to recognise :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Mikezumi I would say she has the competitive trait but we don't have one of those in TS3 :D:D

@king_of_simcity7 even more reason for us to celebrate the anniversary of TS3!

Sim enim est vita
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Happy 10th Sims 3

KEq9vEA.gif
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    It would be nice to get the Gurus involved somehow. At the moment I have no ideas but I'll think on it.
  • SummerRoxySummerRoxy Posts: 93 Member
    I like @Bettyboop55's idea, and I'd like to add to it.
    How about a thread and a video where these creations are briefly showcased?
    For example, there would be a main 10th anniversary thread and a date set (for a week?) where players can post their creations or even just text about their memories playing the Sims 3. Then someone (big question is WHO?) can make a video (how long, what showcase format, animations etc) of those contributions to post on YouTube as a way to also call the players watching let's plays there etc to be aware of the anniversary. So more people can share their creations and memories on the thread, and we might also gain new players or players coming back!

But this idea needs a lot of work... :(
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SummerRoxy I was thinking of something like that as well. I will try to contact the mods near the time and see if they can sticky a thread for us to participate in :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg