Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LOL.
    Too funny.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    I noticed this too... Maybe they will update it when they do the next patch!
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    SunStone02 wrote: »

That's even funnier - EA needs a patch. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > SunStone02 wrote: »
    >
    > I noticed this too... Maybe they will update it when they do the next patch!
    >
    >
    > That's even funnier - EA needs a patch. LOL.

Sadly, there will not be a patch this month. :(
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I miss how in the old games we had different loading for every pack
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I've noticed this since 2018. They also have a small typo in Seasons, with the "Stung" moodlet. They need a new proofreader at Maxis.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I noticed it too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I was JUST thinking about that, seems it's been that way for a while.
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    I've noticed this since 2018. They also have a small typo in Seasons, with the "Stung" moodlet. They need a new proofreader at Maxis.

The sad thing is, they probably do :D
  • Options

What is the typo?
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    I've noticed this since 2018.

What is the typo?

Oops, sorry! I realized I got off-topic...

Maybe they'll update it in 2020?
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > SunStone02 wrote: »
    >
    > I noticed this too... Maybe they will update it when they do the next patch!
    >
    >
    > That's even funnier - EA needs a patch. LOL.

Sadly, there will not be a patch this month. :(

Technically EA is not us - our studio that makes the Sims is Maxis. EA is the parent company and our publisher. They have patches at EA when they decide - it has nothing to do with us and what months or days we have patches. I guess because so many call Maxis - EA and it becomes confusing. But EA can patch things like that when ever they want - regardless of when we get patches. Now if they're our mistakes like that in Sims and our games - well that is Maxis job to fix - not EA. As the publisher though I am not even sure who would fix that - the studio or the publisher.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    ...because Copyright is a legal document, and although last filed for TS4 in 2017, is still in legal force from the filing that year. The dating isn't ornamental. It will change when they need to renew their documentation to maintain legal right to their intellectual property.

TL:DR - it's a legal thing, not a decoration, and not a mistake.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Sindocat

Hmmm... Box art, forum and website tell © 2019 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved.

I see no legal reason.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2019

The sad thing is, they probably do :D

There have always been typos. There's all sorts of fixes on modthesims for typos in conversations, descriptions, etc. for 2&3. I don't think they've ever had good editors.
    That said, a copyright date is just whenever the last time was they updated their copyright, so it's not a typo if that was the last time the copyright for that particular logo was updated.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01