The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What other story idea do you like for a game pack

Comments

• Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Apocalypse - a fight for survival before you can rebuild the world
    I chose Apocalypse since Telltale is now dead. :'( I would like there to be a choice of what type of apocalypse, though I am not sure it will affect the rating of the game, depending on content or new gameplay. :blush: Could be a fallout type thing, where you can build epic underground homes/bunkers; to house a neighbourhood or something. And based on the other packs you have, Skeletons could invade, Aliens, Vampires, Financial collapse, failed containment of Strangerville? Global warming or something, making everything more water, so you would have to build on the ocean, have boats/cruises. Zombies I haven't seen a while, but it might be more of a stressful game to try and survive and not kill your Sim(s). Could have something Sims find hurtling towards Earth, and you have to work out a way to stop it before time runs out, otherwise, all the neighbourhoods are wiped out. At the end of it (once successful), you could live a life of luxury. This might have to be a toggled option, however.

Castaway would be much the same but on an island. There is so much potential- in something where it's not a linear path you have to follow, or you don't get anywhere. Sims 2 got it right, giving players the option to do whatever they want with the Sim in Stories, but you could do whatever you want afterward as well. Medieval and Knights stuff would be great if you could do more than Sims 3, definitely. Anything, where it gives the player the option on an 'open-world' story, leaving the story still there to follow after they have done what they would like to.

Might happen one day, or a mod will.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Other (feel free to explain your idea)
    Lunar Lake: Help a colony to find resources and improve the life conditions
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Castaway
    Cast away.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Hair and beauty salon.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Castaway
    Imagine having the island you crashed on become your own private island to build a mansion on or something.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Medieval (castles and knights)
    This was a hard one for me because there were several I would like to see. Besides Medieval, I would like to see castaways and the one with high tech crime stuff.
  • MrinfamyMrinfamy Posts: 1 New Member
    The Ultimate Crime Pack for all your evil schemes
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    None at all.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2019
    Future: Utopia or Dystopia, change the world !

Pirate Legacy: Treasure hunt

Real TV: Bachelor, Survivor, Big Brother, ...
  • Slayer_RoseSlayer_Rose Posts: 56 Member
    The Apocalypse one for sure for me! I love that kind of style and have already built two bunker style builds to fit with this theme! It would be cool if there was some kind of epidemic or something in the sims? Illnesses that your sims could get that perhaps were more than just a cold or bite? That would defo add to the realism of it all.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Castaway
    I like the idea of cast away you could have various skills to master like shelter building fire building foraging smoke signals/for passing ships all kinds of things like that.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited April 2019
    None, cause after you complete the story/quest then what? Story packs don't have much replay value, the shine will wear off after you complete it once or twice cause you know how it ends and what do next in order to progress the story.
    giphy.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Classic murder mystery (Agatha Christie style)
    World explorers through time - and places we get to go with our sims to. Sort of like the Time machine in the Sims 3 - but this time we go with our sims on their travels to other times and places, battles or what ever.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Castaway

I think castaway would be fun but I do not know how to deal with the dang mobile phone that is permanently attached to the sims. Stuck on a far away Island... with perfect reception. You could be halfway through the story growing veggies in order to have something other than fish to eat while you are “lost” and then your BFF from back home calls to invite you out for dinner.

I am not a big fan of the phone that you cannot turn off :/

That said, I had a lot of fun with StrangeVille and would happily see another pack. Something in a immersive environment that would be fun to use for different stories. Then I can bend it to fit my own ideas. Something that I really enjoy in StrangeVille is just the feeling of having all these military people, scientists and paranoid sims running around there. I can use that in so many ways. A sim who joins the military and moves to the base there. Or a military brat who just wants to run of to San Myshuno as soon as possible and leave the dusty town far faar behind.

We have no way of controlling which sims are walking around an area and how they are dressed. If we did then I would be a very happy simmer. This town with it’s quirky citizens give me a specific vibe. It would be fun with more towns like this. If I dream freely then I would like a system just like the clubs for deciding who gets to move around in different worlds but that is a different discussion.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't like story packs in The Sims. I prefer to be the one making the story.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish you had included the option for None. If the next three packs contain a story I would highly be dissapointed. I also prefer making up and directing my own idea of what's happening in my game. I like the unexpected, not the directed. See, I like to wonder why a Sim like say Summer Holiday shows up at a house where she doesn't know anyone. That's my sort of fun, why is Bella hanging at the gym, got her eye on someone else? That is more my idea of 'story' than one told to me by a developer. Or told by the game mechanics to go here, go there. It's why those spins offs never sold as much as the actual pc series.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    None. I don't want any story packs ever again.

Exactly! Make that a spin-off. For me the beauty of the main series is the hability to create our own stories.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Pirates
    I think that stories are a nice change of pace. Several interesting choices but in the end, I voted for:

Pirates and Castaways!
    and then
    Magic Mystery and Medieval!
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I think magic mystery and medieval mystery could go hand in hand
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    None, I don't want any more story driven game packs. I wouldn't mind a castaway vacation theme though similar to Jungle Adventure, now that would be fun.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited April 2019
    disregard, I forgot I already posted lol
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I wouldn't be so opposed to it if they were released more towards the ending of TS4. But there's still SO much content missing and having a game pack that adds zero long term gameplay to the game is such a waste, especially when we only have one or two game packs per year.

Having said that, I do understand that this was more of a "surprise" pack, something different and unique. So I hope it will be a one time thing.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Nothing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Even though I would like the idea of a murder mystery pack, I don't think I would go for it in reality. I didn't really like paying game pack price for a story pack.
    It was good going through it once, but then... meh, it's done. Perhaps if they'd added something else to the pack that wasn't so linear, something that was bloodline Sims gameplay, it might have benefitted.
    HSau :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    An extreme sports pack might be fun too.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....