Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make the Money Tree less cheaty

Maybe it's just me, but I felt like the Money Tree produced way too much cash. I fixed this by grafting a Growfruit to a Money Tree. You can only sell, not harvest, but the payout is (to me) more reasonable. :#:)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Have you tried grafting the other way? Just curious.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Never evolve it. Rarely harvest and sell it.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2019
    How much does the money tree pay out? I never grew one myself. I usually go for Dragonfruit plants. They pay out $250 a fruit. With Seasons that's $500 a plant on the worst quality. Four plants is $2000 a day. Once it starts evolving, it pays out a LOT.

If I'm in a rush, I'll also grow a Growfruit tree to fertilize it. But it's simple, and doesn't require cheating. Pays out from the start. I have sims that never have jobs 'cause the Dragonfruit pays out so much.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I had to laugh when I read the title. To me the money tree feels like cheating in every way. That's why I avoid it. It's easy enough to earn money.

But if I should ever give it a try I will try to graft another plant to it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    How much does the money tree pay out? I never grew one myself. I usually go for Dragonfruit plants. They pay out $250 a fruit. With Seasons that's $500 a plant on the worst quality. Four plants is $2000 a day. Once it starts evolving, it pays out a LOT.

If I'm in a rush, I'll also grow a Growfruit tree to fertilize it. But it's simple, and doesn't require cheating. Pays out from the start. I have sims that never have jobs 'cause the Dragonfruit pays out so much.

At normal quality you can get 8000 simoleons for the money tree. Not sure about poor quality but you can easily make bank with the tree.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    once you evolve up the money trees you can get anywhere from 11000 simoleans to 25000 a day each tree
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    once you evolve up the money trees you can get anywhere from 11000 simoleans to 25000 a day each tree

Holy crap that's a lot. 8,000 normal, 22,225 perfect. Only problem is, you have to save up 5000 aspiration points for each plant. That'll take time. At least with Dragonfruit, without cheating, you just have to wait until you get to gardening level 5, which isn't hard. Strawberries and Snapdragons are all over the place, you don't even have to purchase the seeds.

Maybe if I was saving up to buy a mansion somewhere...
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Have you tried grafting the other way? Just curious.

No. Since you don't ever really "harvest" the Money Tree I wasn't sure it would work. And I didn't want more Money Tree seeds.

I got the Money Tree seed to complete the Gardening Collection. Was shocked at how much it paid out.

There was a Money Tree in TS2, but it paid out random small amounts. And your neighbors stole from it.
  • angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    I saved up and brought one of these trees, then i was doing some redecorating and reorganizing my garden and put the tree into the plot inventory when i was waiting to be harvested and the seeds appeared, so when you planted them you end up with 6 trees.. So i just deleted them all including the tree as i felt that would be amazingly cheaty... However by the time i got around to this in my rag's to riches challenge, my sim had made a shed load of cash so it wasn't needed anymore, one of my friends "cheated" the seed in when he first started and had a large orchard of them... he was making 160k each harvest before they were evolved.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    gettps wrote: »

Holy plum that's a lot. 8,000 normal, 22,225 perfect. Only problem is, you have to save up 5000 aspiration points for each plant. That'll take time. At least with Dragonfruit, without cheating, you just have to wait until you get to gardening level 5, which isn't hard. Strawberries and Snapdragons are all over the place, you don't even have to purchase the seeds.

Maybe if I was saving up to buy a mansion somewhere...

It's incredibly easy to accumulate 5000 points if you play a sim from the baby stage. Some of my young adult sims, whom I have raised from a baby, have in the region of 15000 points - and that's with the deduction for the money tree!
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I personally only get them for super rich sims anyway
    caitytrina.png
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I bought one money tree and I have no idea what happened but I ended up getting a few seeds when I moved to a new house so I planted them. I now have like twelve money trees and over 900,000 simoleons in the vault. I keep getting seeds from the trees somehow when tending the garden. I don't know if it's a bug or what. My sim has over 30 money tree seeds in inventory. I think I'm going to plants them randomly around the world.