Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical World - Yes or No (not a vacation spot)

Comments

• Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes
    As a person living in a tropical region, yes. I don’t like the climate, but I’d love the representation.

Small rant here. I think the vacation system could use a bit of tuning, preferably as @phantom121294 illustrated. Because the whole “hot, tropical areas should be for vacations!” viewpoint just irks me somewhat. For me, a snowy climate is THE vacation getaway (see there?).

Real humans live in the tropics, just like real humans live in Mid and South America (I’m looking at you, Selvadorada :D )
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    I want it as a vacation spot not a normal world.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yes
    I'd definitely prefer if you could live there. People live in places other than generic suburbs/cities, I definitely enjoyed having sims live in Isla Paradiso.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I want both. Vacation spot, and world to live in. Greedy, maybe. But I'd like the best of both here.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    To be honest, I kinda wish you could live in vacation worlds, but that if you chose to do so, all the other worlds became "Vacation only" in your game. I mean, that'd be more real to life in my opinion.

I live in Canada and to me Europe would be a vacation destination, but to someone in Europe, Canada would be the vacation destination.

Keep travel between the existing worlds as is, because I imagine them as being nearby cities, driveable distances for a day trip, but if you go to a vacation world I imagine it as being a bit further travel time wise and if you lived there, the rest of the worlds would be the further locations.
  • zirizezirize Posts: 15 Member
    No
    otherwise vacation
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this to the Idea's section! :smile:
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    I want a tropical world for a vacation. If they also give the option to live there that's fine, but I want a tropical place for my sims to vaycay.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No
    Undecided without knowing more. Leaning "No."
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    No
    I would rather make this to become a vacation world instead of being residential world
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No
    I'm against "Tropical Paradise" Themes, I'd be totally for it if it was just your common beach like Brindleton Bay or something.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes
    It would be fun if hotels were introduced so that you could vacation in any of the worlds. I would love to have my sims live in a tropical world, but if it is a vacation pack, I can always find a mod to make it livable.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Yes please, African or Asian or Australasian with lots of new objects, building stuff and possibly more animals. America has got a lot of coverage already so we need to cover parts of the world where other Simmers live.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • jaypoh94jaypoh94 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    I would love for some water sports to be included in a pack like this!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    I would love it. But it needs to come with proper beach activities and with the ability to swim in the ocean.
    Island Paradise for TS3 was my absolute favourite world in that iteration, despite all the glitches and bugs.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    As a person living in a tropical region, yes. I don’t like the climate, but I’d love the representation.

Small rant here. I think the vacation system could use a bit of tuning, preferably as @phantom121294 illustrated. Because the whole “hot, tropical areas should be for vacations!” viewpoint just irks me somewhat. For me, a snowy climate is THE vacation getaway (see there?).

Real humans live in the tropics, just like real humans live in Mid and South America (I’m looking at you, Selvadorada :D )

Humans livre everywhere. It’s just nice to send sims on vacation like we humans go on vacation in real life. It’s part of the simulation. Any place could be a livable world but it wouldn’t be as fun.

What if I want to take my sims to a tropical vacation like I go to and can’t? Where would thay representation be? Lets just agree to have vacation homes. That way everyone would be happy.

Also send sims to Granite Falls in the winter. Very snowy then.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    I'd like it to be a vacation destination, but then I'd like to be able to buy a second house in any vacation destination and spend the time I want there and come back to my regular home when I want to. I'd also like to have more vacation destinations like African, Asian, Egyptian, etc.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    It's not the highest on my list of priorities (in fact I would prefer a cold alpine or even arctic world first, given how many warm worlds we already have), but it if becomes a thing, sure, why not?
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    Yes
    YEEEEEES
  • Masters_In_SimologyMasters_In_Simology Posts: 62 Member
    Yes
    Yes, and then we can add those Surfing and Sailing skills that have been mentioned a few times on this board.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    No
    Not unless it's a vacation world and has swimming in the ocean and beach activities.

This.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    No
    Not really in to the whole tropical world idea. If it came with swimmable oceans and was a vacation spot then maybe. Otherwise i'm more interested in a medieval style world or maybe even a Tokyo or Paris inspired world.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • AllisimAllisim Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    I think the ideal would be vacation locations you can move to. I would love to live in the woods or vacation downtown
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Yes
    I'd be fine with either. It'd be intetesting if it was both a vacation spot and livable
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    yes but with the option to send sims there on vacation if they do not live there
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(