Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical World - Yes or No (not a vacation spot)

catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This would not be a vacation spot, but the same type of world as Brindleton Bay, etc.

Tropical World - Yes or No (not a vacation spot) 167 votes

Yes
79%
DannydanboAkl500PEvalenGoldmoldaricmnfrshwindweaverKita5399LaBlue0314aprilrosestoryyUnDutchableaelias24craftaholicStilettoBlackMontrase102Stardust123Isb917SimburianCorkysPetalsjoelygirlsims2 133 votes
No
20%
Frn0731jwatsonHejixJasePlayerSinger2010keekee53Elmo39AnmirlaBagoas77fruitsbasket101loubyloulouCinebarBariSaxycatloverplayermarcel21ladybreidtaydevkatka_kynclova12JEREMIAannaliese39 34 votes

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    I want a tropical world, but as a vacation spot. I want my sims to go there, but I wouldn't want them to live there as such a climate wouldn't have a snowy winter. I like snowy winters.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No
    I don't particularly want a themed world. I'd be happy with another Newcrest.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I don't play in worlds where it doesn't snow, so no.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No
    I'd want it to be a vacation spot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    I don't see the point in vacation worlds. I'm also tired of the misconception that only standard cities and suburbs are suitable for living in and tropical environments are only suitable for vacationing. Plenty of people live on islands and in jungles and I'd like to be able to have my sims live in them as well.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    I do want a tropical world, but I'd like it be a vacation destination. It would be a shame to live there and have to work all day.
    And we could do with more vacation destinations.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    As people do live in tropical areas and some do vacation there I would want to live in one. I live Florida where it never snows and it is two seasons even if there are four seasons Spring and Summer, I was raised in snow and I hate it. I like more space and love to get it when I can.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    Yes
    Although I might prefer a family-friendly vacation spot (can't really take toddlers to jungle adventures and camping is bit boring too), I wouldn't mind a livable world either. It could be cool and there could still be a beach and stuff like that that would be fun to visit for sims who don't live there.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No
    I'm not against there being one but I'm not fussed over it. Though I would like a swampy rural'ish area
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Yes
    I was against this idea for a long time. Until I got sims 3 Island paradise for a really cheap price. After playing that world, I think I might enjoy a tropical residential world in sims 4.
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Yes
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't see the point in vacation worlds. I'm also tired of the misconception that only standard cities and suburbs are suitable for living in and tropical environments are only suitable for vacationing. Plenty of people live on islands and in jungles and I'd like to be able to have my sims live in them as well.

+1 its a serious crying shame that Selvadorada is a vacation only world. I barely use it even though its one of my favorite worlds. Vacation worlds restrict player freedom and limit how they can interact with the game, its the sims...this should be a big no no. Like I'm fairly sure I use outdoor retreat and jungle adventure the least out of all my packs, because its a vacation.....I'm going to use this a handful of times to go a world where my sim basically does the same things as when they are home. At least jungle adventures world provides a pseudo-career as an archeologist.

I'm really not sure why people like idea of adding worlds that are locked behind vacations. Its the epitome of look but don't touch. Just my opinion though.

Honestly they should give you the option of rezoning lots as rental homes. This would basically eliminate the entire situation here. Then every world could be a vacation or residential world, its just up to the player. Hey....that's actually a good idea.....
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    Good golly! What's with the vitriol towards owning a vacation home in this game thus far? I absolutely loved being able to host employees of my Sims business(es) during a "retreat" at my vacation home in the Sims2.

p.s. c'mon, not a vacation spot for the poll question? Let alone a vacation spot you can buy a house in? What, are there too many vacation worlds in the game already? Like, hey, would you like the car without a/c, power windows, door locks. Apparently so looking at the results. Dang, my bar is far too high, better drop it to near-ground level.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes
    Yes, yes, and yes. I hate winter. :D
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I just move my sims into strangerville in hopes it'll finally be sunny and warm all year round.
    I ahte the snow and cold in real life and don't like it in the game either.
    We have 6 months of darkness and cold in my homecountry and I don't want that crap in my game lol I want it to be nice, bright and happy looking.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Yea I would love a tropical world but with no background of cities and houses. Maybe an Island surrounded by water only. palm trees and all.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    I very hesitantly voted yes on this because I don't necessarily care about getting a Tropical world in general...but if we got one, I 100% want it to be a livable world.

I rarely use the vacation worlds. I should give it a try to use them more often, but I just don't. Not my play style, I suppose. But if we got a Tropical world, absolutely it should be livable! I'd enjoy it so much more if I could move my sims there permanently. The world would feel very different to me if I could live there instead of just vacation. I love the thought of making a place so commonly thought of as a vacation spot into a mundane location of regular living. It changes the feel, sort of alters my perspective of it.

So yes, livable tropical world, sure.
    a63ftuN.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    No
    I'd prefer an artic world. But if it has a deep story like Strangerville, I could go with it...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    Hejix wrote: »
    I'd prefer an artic world. But if it has a deep story like Strangerville, I could go with it...

Yes. Yes to this.
    a63ftuN.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    I want to Tropical World but I wanted to be a fun vacation spot so I voted no
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    No
    Not unless it's a vacation world and has swimming in the ocean and beach activities.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I can’t be bothered with vacations, and I like beach worlds.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes
    I'm open to any type of world. The more versatility the more interesting and fun things you can do with your sims. I'm good for a vacation world too. I hope they do more things now that I'm playing and find it fun.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    Yes
    I would love to have a beach/tropical world! I would love for it to have Mermaids and underwater areas to explore like Island Paradise. The only reason I never played Island Paradise is because I didn't like how the island was set out, but in the sims 4 you can just visit a world and go back home again so it would be amazing!
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yes
    I’d take this over a vacation world for sure. I never use those.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No
    Of course I don't want it as a regular world, mixed in with regular townies and homes :# no thank you.
    a holiday to visit keeps all the regular stuff away from it :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon