Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NormalVille

EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
For people that want the pack (but don't want the strangeness) someone has uploaded a save file with clean (fresh) premades and the mystery solved:

http://modthesims.info/d/624696/not-so-strangerville-save-file.html

Just download the file and add it to your save folder as a template for future games. :)

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thank you!! Question though, since I haven't finished my first run through. Once the mystery is solved can you play Strangerville as a 'normal' conspiracy theory desert town? Or does it start all over? I think it would be fun to have a military world with my own lab, etc. Without having to DL the save file.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @joRN1414 It only starts over if you want it to, and you can even determine how much strangeness you want to be going on in your town.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Fantastic! I'm going to have fun with that.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    For people that want the pack (but don't want the strangeness) someone has uploaded a save file with clean (fresh) premades and the mystery solved:

http://modthesims.info/d/624696/not-so-strangerville-save-file.html

Just download the file and add it to your save folder as a template for future games. :)

That's very nice of them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    It's strange (lol) but I have started a new game of my own in Strangerville (no mods) and the only strangeness I have seen in 2 sim weeks is one infected sim walking in the distance.

My Strangerville is Normalville.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It's strange (lol) but I have started a new game of my own in Strangerville (no mods) and the only strangeness I have seen in 2 sim weeks is one infected sim walking in the distance.

My Strangerville is Normalville.

You have to trigger the game to start up the infection/storyline. As long as you don't send your sim over to the mysterious science lab in the crater, it should not start up anything.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    You have to trigger the game to start up the infection/storyline. As long as you don't send your sim over to the mysterious science lab in the crater, it should not start up anything.
    So why do people need mods or a 'clean' start up save?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait what it only triggers if you go to the secret lab but my sims have gone many times and I still don’t see very weird things happening just when their weird neighbors visited and planted and stuffed things in the refrigerator.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019

Because the town has a difference ambiance once the mystery is solved and doesn't have the strange weather flucuations and can actually fully interact with some of the townies that are infected when you start wit the story still in place (like the mayor).

For those that don't want to start with a base save there's THIS mod that makes it so you can enter a cheat and shut off the story altogether. I haven't played it so I don't know exactly how it works in terms of allowing you to start up the story later if you want to but.
    ~ ~ ~
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    Was playing around a bit and got rid of the neighbors that are already infected (just the premades) and the town is pretty normal. Other than having a few of the bizarre plants around my sims live pretty fine and weather is normal too if you didn't engage in the story line (meaning you opened the door with the keycard.)

In the Summertime I got like multiple heatwaves back to back. R.I.P my sims. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
    Yeah my town is pretty normal @LadyKyn cos I haven't been to the lab. I'm loving Strangerville, it's so beautiful to play in.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah my town is pretty normal @LadyKyn cos I haven't been to the lab. I'm loving Strangerville, it's so beautiful to play in.

Yep, even before I deleted the premades I only ever see them now and again. (They seem more active at night for me for some reason). Things are fairly normal other than the plants. Can understand if no one doesn't want to see the plants.

I really like the town myself. Atmosphere is great and just listening to the sounds at night is definitely different from other worlds. Definitely get this out of the way small town feel from it that you may be passing on through and that you probably didn't even know there was one out here hidden behind these rock formations. Never knew how much I enjoyed a western/desert fashion. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Basically when you start a brand new save the strangeness is very mild. You will see a few glowing purple flower pods and the occasional affected sim walking about. But, once you play through all of that is gone and StrangerVille is a prettier version of Oasis Springs unless and until you decide to restart it.