Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amoured catfish - any tips on catching them?

I've had my Sim fishing in the Hidden Pool for a good 50 hours, and so far, she has caught buckets of regular catfish, electric eels, and tambaqui, and attracted the attention of all the less desirable residents of the jungle. Not one armoured catfish.

Is there a particular type of bait they prefer? I'm trying to complete the household collection, and this fish isn't biting.
I just want things to match. :'(

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is this, someone told how they caught it. Here is a link so you can read it.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29652.0
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    There is this, someone told how they caught it. Here is a link so you can read it.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29652.0

Thanks - I tried the island, which was open to my Sim on her next trip, and got one right away. I used growfruit as bait.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm amazed you hadn't gotten one in that pool you mentioned. i'd caught both the armored catfish and electric eel there and on the island, though i hadn't actually had any sims fishing in selvadorada in a long, long while. usually they're either there just to relax (mostly in the cantina) or to sprint towards the temple, depending on the sim
    It's a pity you can't breed fish - I think we could do that in Sims 3? (Or, at least if you stocked your pond with a certain fish, they would breed.) I hated having to sell all that Tambaqui - they're good fertiliser - but there was no way to keep them fresh. (I might have her fish in the local waters so that I can immediately transfer them to the aquarium I added to her bungalow.)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It's a pity you can't breed fish - I think we could do that in Sims 3?

Yes, you could in TS3, with those large fish tanks. I always did this with my Deathfish. I'm not sure where it went, but I use to have a screenshot of two Deathfish, creating a new Deathfish, they had little hearts around them. If I can find the picture, I'll post it.
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    For future reference:

I checked my sims' notebooks, and armored catfish have been caught using tambaqui, catfish, cowplany berry, salmon and electric eel. But by far I have caught the most using dragon fruit as bait. Under armored catfish it says 30/1 next to dragon fruit. Does that mean I've caught 30 armored catfish with that sim?
    8IomapKl.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that should mean that you've got 30 dragonfruit in that sim's inventory
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    Okay that makes sense, thank you. I didn't remember catching that many catfish!
    8IomapKl.png
    I might need that fertiliser - I'm going for a perfect harvestable of every plant, and to get all of the emotion berries, you have to plant each one separately. (Those might come in useful, though. I wonder if they affect toddlers - whether the 'happy' and 'excited' berries could be used when my tots are sad?)
  • NikquinNikquin Posts: 3 New Member
    Also for future note; Carl's guide is not correct on his fish list. The electric eel can be caught on both gates left (hidden pool) and right (mysterious island) of the temple gate (Carl's guide identifies the right gate only.) and the armored catfish is caught on right (mysterious island, Carl's guide identifies the left only). I usually go directly to his guide as it is an amazing well established resource of information, but this mistake has had me waste hours of game play and simoleons by ending vacations early and returning over and over and over to get the wrong gate to become open. Just as I am typing this, my 1st sim ever had just caught an armored catfish and she is at the mysterious island (no bait being used, level 10 fishing skill) and it just so happened that on this one particular trip all four gates where the temple gate is located are available for me to enter. I've never had that happen to any of my sims before, always before at least one was locked. As you can imagine this save will be kept for a very long time so that I can rotate sims to the one I currently have here by her inviting friends to join her.