The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Private school and death

AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
Okay, even after all these years, this is a first for me. I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation:

I had to completely start my game over again, so I am playing the Ottomas' household from the beginning. I want to get Tommy into private school before he had to spend another stressful day in public school, but I believe Dora is gonna die sometime this weekend.
Does a death in the family affect the Headmaster?
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I can't remember if it does, but I think I recall I had a Sim die of old age while the Headmaster was there and the kids ended up getting into private school so if there is a negative impact, it's not enough to prevent them from being accepted. But it's been awhile and it would have been done during a time when I was more versed in doing the private school thing and I knew I could get max points from the meal and room tour.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Hmm...

Yeah, they are still financially strapped so the room tour doesn't score very high. I did buy a few cheap things that actually have an environment score to raise the score in the living room for the next time. I barely got David and Sharla in (by one point over).
    I'll be serving salmon again and keeping the coffee pot on ready this time and we'll see what happens! :D
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I think it does but I'm not sure. There are a few things that will end the event immediately. Let us know what happenend!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Well, I ended up chickening out. :D I realized that Dora was going to die on Saturday, so I figured I'd wait until Sunday to avoid issues.

I was going to send them on a beach vacation with the insurance money from Dora's demise, but everything still got wrecked. I wasn't keeping track of the time and Sharla was due to age up at the same time. I triggered her to age up just as Dora got home from work. Grimmy came for Dora just before Sharla aged up and surprise, surprise - one of her fears was Dora's death. She tanked. After all this time, I finally had a Sim age up badly. The twin toddlers also had fears of a family member's death - tanked! Samantha had her hands full straightening them out. And to top it all off, the insurance company denied the claim! (I guess the aging transition canceled out the insurance pop-up.)
    Then, I decided to wait until Monday to invite the Headmaster because David was going to be off to Uni that afternoon and the twins would age up that evening. Might as well catch them in one go so that they would never have to set foot in a public school.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    I think it does but I'm not sure. There are a few things that will end the event immediately. Let us know what happenend!

I've had a death during a headmaster event and it did not end the event. But I did find a legacy where I had documented the death during the headmaster visit and I had noted that it lowered the score (I did not put by how much). But then later on that they made it and I explicitly mentioned a knowledge Sim not losing aspiration points, which would have happened had the scenario been auto-ended by death.

What probably happened on your end was death came and the timer for the headmaster event ran out while Grim was there.