Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost worlds

simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
Hi. I hope someone can help me. I just installed the Sims 2 + all but 2 expacs the last one being Apartment Life.
I try playing using the Apartment life cd as that's the last expac but when I have to choose what world to play I am only given 2 choices. Belladonna Cove or Desiderata Valley. I somehow can't pick any other world like Pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronaville.
I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on.
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Do the neighborhoods show up in your Neighborhoods folder in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods? You may have 2 EA Games folder, just fine the one that isn't empty.

Or do you just have 2 folders? Belladonna Cove and Desiderata Valley (as well as the other EP worlds) would start with letters that come before N. Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville would be N001, N002, and N003 respectively.

Also, are you able to create your own neighborhood?
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Do the neighborhoods show up in your Neighborhoods folder in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods? You may have 2 EA Games folder, just fine the one that isn't empty.

Or do you just have 2 folders? Belladonna Cove and Desiderata Valley (as well as the other EP worlds) would start with letters that come before N. Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville would be N001, N002, and N003 respectively.

Also, are you able to create your own neighborhood?

Yeah I had all the neighbourhoods in the files and no second folder and I could also create my own. I couldn't understand it as it all worked fine when I last had the game installed, had no problems. I had to do a full reinstall and it works properly now. Have no idea what went wrong. But thanks for the help.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    If you go into your computer file(C:) > Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 2 > TSData > Res > User Data > Neighborhoods copy and paste the N001, N002, and N003 files into your folder Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods. Those 3 folders you copied and pasted are the 3 base game neighborhoods, Pleasantview = N001, Strangetown = N002, Veronaville = N003. You can do this for any EP that comes with a neighborhood that you are missing. Hope I helped.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Oops, didn't see that you solved the problem. Glad you figured it out.