Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From Old Enemies to Friends?

I have a sim going through all the WA adventures and have hit a bit of a snag. At the beginning of his travels he was tasked with a series of adventures given by Maya 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and developed a romantic relationship with her along the way. Naturally her husband at the time, Deng 🐸🐸🐸🐸, was not too pleased with this development. My sim eventually was successful in convincing Maya to leave Deng for him, which lead to Deng and my sim becoming enemies.

Now, years later, after marrying Maya and starting a family with her, my sim is back in Shang Simla. He is searching for a lost treasure for the Order of the Resolute Fist. After much exploring, it turns out the treasure has been with a Shang Simlan local this whole time! Unfortunately that local is none other than Deng 🐸🐸🐸🐸! My sim must convince Deng to give up the treasure, but this is impossible to do with them being enemies.

My sim is in Shang Simla for 6 more days. His relationship with Deng is completely in the red. They must become friends for the "Convince Sim" interaction to work. My question is, can I accomplish this in the 6 days before my sim returns home? If so, what interactions should I use to successfully build up Deng's trust?

If it's impossible to do, then I'll just have to cheat the relationship to convince him, then cheat it back to enemies. I would prefer to not have to do this, but I will if I must.

Comments

• Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    LOL Maxis gives their own sims a last name that is censored by their own forums. And it's a relatively common last name too!
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    I'm uncertain of the benefits of the 'Friendly' trait but if your sim has it, that might help them recover the relationship faster. Probably not possible to change that in 6 days without pre-planning or cheating. Is your sim a witch? They have a charm spell. You could use a potent friendship potion if you have access to alchemy or have bought it at an elixir consignment store or you could carry a voodoo doll in your inventory and use the charm spell on that item.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Do you have UL? If so your sim can gain enough social networking skill (level 7) and gain access to the Relationship Transmogrifier app which might be able to change the relationship level. I'm not 100% sure as I haven't used the Relationship Transmogrifier much. I'm also not sure how quickly you can raise the skill; I usually use the skill books or use a mod which adds all skills to the tabcasts of the Multi Tab 6000.

Personally, I'd probably cheat the relationship to finish the quest.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    In my (limited) experience, without magic, elixirs, and transmogrifiers, there is almost always an in-game social way to repair an enemy relationship but it does take a very long time. If you can get the two sims to have fun doing something together even though by all appearances they can't stand to be in each other's company (watch tv, play video games or foosball, share a hot tub, which ones work will depend on the sims' traits and probably some random factors) then I've seen the multi-tasking chit-chat these sims engage in to net a very, very slow increase in their relationship scores with some slip-ups along the way. Bringing them a plate of food (not drink), if you can figure out how to arrange such a scenario where both sims are present, should never be seen as antagonistic and I've never seen that refused. But don't talk to the other sim directly while still in the red, chances are you will end up with his hand in your face and lose 20 of the small gains you might have been able to get the other ways.

Your sim probably needs to be very skilled on Charisma and possibly even have the Charismatic trait for this to work well. The Friendly trait as mentioned couldn't hurt either.

But six sim days and the setting being in Shang Simla where a wide variety of the fun giving group usage amenities might not be readily available adds more to the challenge. In the end, if I were making no progress although it might be fun trying as it becomes a puzzle to solve, I would probably cheat the relationship as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot to mention I only had base game and World Adventures installed (I'm on Gen 2 of the EP Legacy challenge). I ended up discovering that sparring builds a positive relationship so after doing that for 3 days I was able to convince Deng to cough up the treasure.