This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Friends getting married

Hello everyone!
I was playing the other day and my Sim told her friend to date someone (I believe it's a feature that came with Get Together). The friend ended up really liking the other person and dating them (I got a message from her thanking me for it). And I thought it was really cute that my Sims friends can have relationships with each other!
Which led me to think: why can't they get married? I know some people don't want story progression in their game because it might mess up their storyline. But I think it would be really nice if two sims you have hooked up together eventually invited you to their wedding! I don't know if that would be possible for the developpers to add in the game at that point but I thought it would be cute.

What do you think?
Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really want story progression. If there was an option in the options menu to switch it off no one would have a problem with it. A lot of people have the mcc mod because it adds just that!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    PuppylikeswhalePuppylikeswhale Posts: 22 Member
    I haven't thought about this and the idea is amazing! I could use MCCC like others have said, but every time I start a new game play I have to reset the settings and it bugs me...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is why I can’t play without MCCC! The game is incomplete without it in my opinion.

Same here, and now he's made it easier to fine tune some of the settings like the percentage of marriages and births by age groups instead of across the board makes it possible to add even more realism. Because you can have more pregnancies & marriages amongst the ages that you would expect and very few in the other age groups where it can happen, but isn't very common, and he's so good about updating and upgrading the mod and keeping it very stable. I just love it.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I think it's a great idea. An optional story progression would be very welcome. If mods can do it, then I don't see why it can't be added. I tend to play one household per save so it would just make the world around them feel more alive rather than everything remaining static.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmmm...

If it would just happen between sims I would be really mad because I control this little sims-universe and I do not want to see story progression that I am not in control of in my game. At all.

I also use the feature of getting two sims to start dating each other. That is great fun, if marriage could happen between sims that I introduced to each other then it would be great. Then it is something that I initiated and then there will still be a way for me to keep a bit of control over things.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,539 Member
    I've wanted some sort of story progression in this game from the beginning. Love this idea.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn