Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If there is a 'The Sims 5' what year should it be announced, and what year should it be released?

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2019
    Announcement 2020 release 2022.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Very unlikely they’d announce the game two years before the release. Games are announced closer and closer to release date these days. EA literally announced and then released Apex Legends on the same day. Not saying they’d do the same but I’m only expecting 6 months to 1 year at most before release,

It depends, not the case for Cyberpunk 2077, Rockstar games and other games. But yeah I agree with you it's not the standard with EA.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2019
    Announcement 2021 release 2023.
    "Announcement 2019, Release 2020." didn't happen.

It was totally impossible after Maxis told thousand times that TS4 is not over.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Announcement 2020 release 2021.
    Every day that passes is one more day closer to TS4's end and TS5's release! I'm also happy about Paralives and whatever sim game Paradox Tectonic comes out with! It's all good for us life simmers and the life simulation genre!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Announcement 2023 release 2025.
    Is sims 4 really hated that much? I know it's lacking but it seems like everyone on this forum (almost) just wants it to end. But I'm having a blast with it. 😩 I honestly hope it never ends. I just want them to keep adding.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2019
    Should've had one more choice of later. I have zeroooooo interest in rebuying stuff I already have in the Sims3&4 with another closed off w. People are already talking about a new game when Sims4 probably doesn't have 1/10 of the content of the Sims3 with all those packs and store content. They already said that timelines ECT from previous games aren't going to be the same for Sims4, plus it's online as far as downloads & fixes.

There are def improvements in CAS, such as accessories, taking less time after CAS to load, moving fences, putting more than one lot on a lot of one wishes, finding Sims not in game or townies, the moving of households, the calendar, groups, some thinking outside the box such as the hidden world in Making magic, the 🐬, ECT.

What I would like to see is at least open lots. I might could deal with a loading screen at businesses ECT., but not sim yards. Open world would be a huge pull for me. I see the games my kids play and think, why can't the Sims have that?
    Grant said 3 years of planned stuff. In recent tweets he talks of the possibility of more story type packs which I'm guessing are not part of that planned content as they were waiting to see how Strangerville did. So they are continuing to plan for content on top of the 3 years of planned packs.

I think Sims 4 will be around for awhile.

Thought so. I don't go on Sim5 posts, but wanted to leave my vote.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Is sims 4 really hated that much? I know it's lacking but it seems like everyone on this forum (almost) just wants it to end. But I'm having a blast with it. 😩 I honestly hope it never ends. I just want them to keep adding.

So do I. And so do a lot of simmers. I'm really excited for the next packs now that the most requested packs are out of the way.
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    I think we could possibly hear something about it in 2020-21, and it be released in 2021-22.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Kitty Nap wrote: »
    why do people want sims 5 so badly? i just want sims 4 to have improvements, any game can be "saved" but to me sims 4 is already the best sims game, i just think it needs some fixes, and some extra packs. i dont want them to stray away from the cartoon art style they've gone for.

• Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited December 2019
    I can't imagine there will be a S5. If by chance there is, I feel it will not be anything like all of these people are hoping it will be. I think they will continue on with S4 until there is no more that can be done with it. I would be over the moon is they would fix S3 and S4 of all the bugs.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    YBNS2468 wrote: »
    Kitty Nap wrote: »
    why do people want sims 5 so badly? i just want sims 4 to have improvements, any game can be "saved" but to me sims 4 is already the best sims game, i just think it needs some fixes, and some extra packs. i dont want them to stray away from the cartoon art style they've gone for.

💗💗💗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I like 4's graphics a lot. I'm at a point where I don't think there's much to improve there without going in a direction I don't want to see it go in. Which leaves improvements only in gameplay. 4 has a long way to go in that department. I wouldn't mind if they improved what we already have rather than coming out with yet another version... But I'd like at least 3-4 more years with 4 to see what else can be added. Besides, I'm not ready to say goodbye to my favorite sims yet x)
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    For everyone saying there's not much to improve on...that's not true. There's a lot they can improve on, especially since this is a life sim game. For example, an open world or neighborhood that can run more smoothly or improve the graphics/art style (I don't like Sims 4's). Plus with next gen tech, they can do things no Sims game has ever seen before.
  • Options
    CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2019
    Personally, I don't see the "3 years worth of content" as much of an announcement. Yes, the developers might have ideas or plans for 3 years but that doesn't mean that EA wants them to go for that long. As of right now, I am sure they will throw out some more content and I am mostly thinking of a late 2021 release (maybe around November so everyone can ask for it for Christmas?)

People might not want to rebuy stuff from older DLCs, but that doesn't mean that Cats&Dogs / Seasons / University weren't highly requested in S4 and they all have been around for two games now. People still buy it because it's the base for their gameplay and just because a couple of people might want to stick to Sims 2 / 3 / 4 (or even 1, but I don't think above mentioned DLCs are part of S1) doesn't mean that EA cannot continue making money by releasing the same content in updated versions (I mean it works for Sims and also for other releases of theirs, like FIFA).
    Right now, EA still somewhat has the attention of these players who asked for University (and seemingly were a vocal majority). They turned that into some more profit through the community stuff pack voting to keep them hooked and yet that player base will be content after some time with what they have. Releasing university as one of the possible last EPs is a clever move because while waiting for the release of S4DU, players interested in these packs obviously checked new releases. Now it's over and I don't see S4 holding itself for a long time on "new and interesting" content because .. the mainstream player is happy now and likely won't stick around to religiously check for these fresh ideas. Experimental stuff won't hold S4 up for forever - and "experiments" can much better be mashed with the recreation period that Sims 3 and 4 have been going through.

So, Sims 4 is already somewhat finished / caught up with previous releases. While I YEARN for a Generations EP and I think there is still enough content out there, EA has been giving larger past expansions to us in smaller chunks; Generations EP in Parenthood and all the Kids/Toddler SPs. Now with knitting and the possibility to make it an Elder SP that means we essentially covered most generations that have been (and still are imo) neglected in the Sims 4. Looking at S2, except for Free Time I would say that all of the EPs are covered in S4.
    For S3, there aren't really any EPs left that at least have some aspects mirrored in S4. Sure, e.g. werewolves are not in S4 but other magical beings are there making a possible werewolf installment into a SP meaning they possibly charged us 60 bucks for one existing Supernatural EP in Sims 3 (RoM, Vampires, possibly Werewolves). People might be able to pick and choose more (i.e. I didn't buy S3 Supernatural, but I am interested in Werewolves and open to buy Vampires. 40 more bucks than what I would have spent on not buying that EP in Sims 3). For someone wanting to catch them all it's more expensive which ... is EA's biggest goal.

So yeah, sure there is some EPs I still want, but I can also see them shutting it down not so far away in the future. Besides, 2020 making it an anniversary it seems only fitting to announce Sims 5. Maybe I am wrong, but EA will definitely release Sims 5 in bare bones, add expansions, and know the majority will buy it (and new young players joining). The circle will repeat itself and I think it will start 2021/2022.
    Post edited by CapitolSimmer on
  • Options
    Well, "Announcement 2023 release 2025." is certainly the right answer.
    The Sims 4 rebranding in 2019 + 5-year time horizon (2019 - 2023) = The Sims 5 released in 2024 or 2025
    You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Give us The Sims 5 already, I can't wait for the Sims 4 to be over.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's HIGH time!!!!!!! >.< I want us to know sometime this year and get it next year.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The Sims 4 rebranding in 2019 + 5-year time horizon (2019 - 2023) = The Sims 5 released in 2024 or 2025
    You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.

No it isn't. This installment has ran it's course and over stayed it's welcome.
    I'll say it and say it again...JUST BECAUSE IT WAS REBRANDED DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE KEEPING FOR GOD AWFUL LONG!
  • Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member

I'll say it and say it again...JUST BECAUSE IT WAS REBRANDED DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE KEEPING FOR GOD AWFUL LONG!

This right here, especially because the person in charge of TS4 who stated they have IDEAS for content for the next five years isn’t the one in charge of the TS5’s release. Not even the director of TS5’s team has that control, only EA.

Also, a rebrand in 2019 means that for two years of the TS4’s life does it have that rebrand IF TS5 comes out next year, which is still a fairly large enough chunk. Obviously they thought the game needed a new look for the rest of it’s life, whereas two years left is a totally understandable amount of time to decide to change some stuff around.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @sim3lover0827 @KaeChan2089

Please stop repeating what people said in 2018 about TS5 released in 2019 :p

Already 2 years ago ! You should be happy to know it will end soon. 3 years is nothing.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

This right here, especially because the person in charge of TS4 who stated they have IDEAS for content for the next five years isn’t the one in charge of the TS5’s release. Not even the director of TS5’s team has that control, only EA.

Also, a rebrand in 2019 means that for two years of the TS4’s life does it have that rebrand IF TS5 comes out next year, which is still a fairly large enough chunk. Obviously they thought the game needed a new look for the rest of it’s life, whereas two years left is a totally understandable amount of time to decide to change some stuff around.

The rebrand didn't do much to inject new life into the game and their efforts to promote it as such pretty much drizzled out. So I don't think TS4 will keep going based on that.

Also the tweet about no new The Sims games will be announced at this year's EA Play didn't phase me. It doesn't necessarily mean that they won't announce a TS5 game later this year for next year's release. They often announce a new iteration in the fall for the next year, not in the summer (EA Play).

Honestly, just the thought of a new iteration, TS5, is coming out soon is exciting! Bring it out already EA, my money is ready! <3

• Options
    @sim3lover0827 @KaeChan2089

Please stop repeating what people said in 2018 about TS5 released in 2019 :p

Already 2 years ago ! You should be happy to know it will end soon. 3 years is nothing.

3 years is something to me actually...
  • Options

The rebrand didn't do much to inject new life into the game and their efforts to promote it as such pretty much drizzled out. So I don't think TS4 will keep going based on that.

Also the tweet about no new The Sims games will be announced at this year's EA Play didn't phase me. It doesn't necessarily mean that they won't announce a TS5 game later this year for next year's release. They often announce a new iteration in the fall for the next year, not in the summer (EA Play).

Honestly, just the thought of a new iteration, TS5, is coming out soon is exciting! Bring it out already EA, my money is ready! <3

From another post:

TS4 was announced on May 6, 2013 (Blog)
    TS3 was announced on March 19, 2008 (Press release)
    TS2 was announced on May 5, 2003 (Press release)
    TS1... IGN gets some videos of Will Wright about it on May 15, 1999
  • Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2020

From another post:

The problem with those dates is that was when the games were confirmed to be in development, at least for TS2 through TS4.
    TS3 didn't have actual footage shown until E3 in July of 2008, and TS4 was teased with a single image (the eyes of three Sims) in May, but not revealed until 3 months later at Gamescom 2013.
    Heck, May 5, 2003 was when Maxis simply SAID they were making TS2 in an interview, it wasn't shown until a whole year later on May 13, 2004 at E3. So if that list were consistent, it'd look like this.

TS4 was first shown on August 20, 2013 (Gamescom)
    TS3 was first shown on July 15, 2008 (E3)
    TS2 was first shown on May 13, 2004 (E3)
    TS1 was first shown on May 15, 1999

It is more than reasonable for EA or the Sims Studio to switch up how they announce these games, as times (and marketing) are fairly different now compared to how things were 7, 12, and 16 years ago. They may simply have made different decisions this go around, especially after how the launch of the Sims 4 went.
  • Options

From another post:

The problem with those dates is that was when the games were confirmed to be in development, at least for TS2 through TS4.
    TS3 didn't have actual footage shown until E3 in July of 2008, and TS4 was teased with a single image (the eyes of three Sims) in May, but not revealed until 3 months later at Gamescom 2013.
    Heck, May 5, 2003 was when Maxis simply SAID they were making TS2 in an interview, it wasn't shown until a whole year later on May 13, 2004 at E3. So if that list were consistent, it'd look like this.

TS4 was first shown on August 20, 2013 (Gamescom)
    TS3 was first shown on July 15, 2008 (E3)
    TS2 was first shown on May 13, 2004 (E3)
    TS1 was first shown on May 15, 1999

It is more than reasonable for EA or the Sims Studio to switch up how they announce these games, as times (and marketing) are fairly different now compared to how things were 7, 12, and 16 years ago. They may simply have made different decisions this go around, especially after how the launch of the Sims 4 went.

Good point. I'm in no hurry but curious to see what a fifth version of the series would offer.