Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update and Mods?

DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
Is anyone having problems with the game after the last update? My game won't load after the update and I tried removing my mods.

help!
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Usually I would uninstall and reinstall but I've never had this problem before. Is that a fix?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

• DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Curious if anyone is having the cancelled actions bug and also a bug where actions remain even when trying to cancel them but where sim isn't performing them.This has only just started happening and is making the game unplayable.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Curious if anyone is having the cancelled actions bug and also a bug where actions remain even when trying to cancel them but where sim isn't performing them.This has only just started happening and is making the game unplayable.[/

Strange after repairing and restarting a couple times it seems to have solved itself, til the next time ...hmmm?