March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville and Romance

Has anyone noticed that ever since Strangerville was installed, romance has been severely nerfed?

Romance actions now seem to fail at an extremely higher rate. Proposing? Even with full friendship and full romance bars, and a "Steamy" conversation, it fails 4 out of 5 times.

It's gotten extremely difficult. No matter the friendship bar, if there isn't any romance bar yet, you can't do anything other than "Flirt" or else it fails. If "Flirt" fails, then nothing will work from then on, you might as well just walk away.

Comments

• RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    I've noticed that all of my sims get the stress moodlet from not having enough romance interactions even if they don't have the romantic trait but nothing like what you're talking about.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    RobotBees wrote: »
    I've noticed that all of my sims get the stress moodlet from not having enough romance interactions even if they don't have the romantic trait but nothing like what you're talking about.

No, that's been a problem for a while. I actually had to write a mod to remove it. The "Lovelorn" debuff. Hate it.

And before you ask, no, it's not my mod causing the problem. I tried removing it and the romance is still nerfed.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    Do you have mods? My romantic interactions are the same they've ever been. Is any of your sims unflirty?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    All sims are worried their mate is infected... ;P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    This was happening to me even before strangerville when my sims proposed outdoors. I don't know if it's mod related or not.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    I had the “harder to propose” thing for quite some time like for a year now. It definitely makes thing more complicated. I had one couple with full romance and friendship bars fail three times before it would take. Come to think of it those three times were outdoors and the one that worked was indoors.
    ~ ~ ~
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    My sims were always romancers......until CL. I swear all them people there have the "unflirty" trait :D Romance went out the window then, now they stay single and work hard, no fun at all ;)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Huh. Just goes to show how long it's been since I've played a sim who's looking for romance. :|
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @gettps - This is a bug & it's on the AHQ site. It happened before Strangerville. Sims reject proposals when they are away from their home lot or outside.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Jupp, I had a save in which romance was very very difficult. Then it was hit with the bug from the hamster-cage and that was it. Started a new save. FemShep has not done too much flirting yet so difficult to say if it is a bug or not. Remember her having a difficult time with romance last time I played that sim as well. Will try rotating through a few households and see how it feels in the rest of the town.
    @gettps - This is a bug & it's on the AHQ site. It happened before Strangerville. Sims reject proposals when they are away from their home lot or outside.

Last time I tried it was immediately before this first post. Was in Strangerville, At their home, inside, and it failed 4 times on full bars before finally accepting. I romance a LOT. It's only become a problem since Strangerville.

And I never use Unflirty because It'll hamper my romance ability.

Although... I did leave Lily Feng as "unflirty" because I wanted the challenge of having my "good, flirty" sim successfully romance an "evil, unflirty" sim. Was tough getting started but did it. Never tried to propose to her tho.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My problem hasn’t been since the release of Strangerville, but since a couple of patches beforehand, actually.
    Most of my flirtatious actions are successful, but proposing has failed a majority of times. It takes multiple tries for Sims to accept, in both my girlfriend and my saves.

And I am aware that the proposal bug is well-known, but my Sims have been rejected while indoors as well.
    edited March 2019
    My problem hasn’t been since the release of Strangerville, but since a couple of patches beforehand, actually.
    Most of my flirtatious actions are successful, but proposing has failed a majority of times. It takes multiple tries for Sims to accept, in both my girlfriend and my saves.

And I am aware that the proposal bug is well-known, but my Sims have been rejected while indoors as well.

I noticed that once a romantic option fails, ALL romantic options fail until you get rid of the "Awkward" or "Embarrassed" moodlet on the other sim. Even then, they tend to still fail after. I figured that was just how the game worked. It's just the initial failure is occurring at a much higher rate recently.

I suppose it's possible it might have been a recent patch. I tend to cycle through my games. I'll play Skyrim for weeks until I get bored then switch over to Fallout, etc. I just switched back to Sims 4 a month ago. Got Strangerville when it was released so It was about the same time.

Whenever it started, it's still a problem.

With all the problems recently, I'm getting bored with it again. Science career broken, Detective career broken, Romance broken, Gardening completely nerfed since Seasons. Might bug out until the next patch.

I don't know why maxis is hell-bent on nerfing everything in the game:

Gardening used to be an awesome way to make money. Grow Strawberries and Snapdragons until level 5, then splice them together to get Dragonfruit. Grow a single Dragonfruit plant getting 8 fruits a harvest and make 2000 a day. Since Seasons, they cut the harvest by 75% and the available season by 75%, now it's only 2 per harvest and they only grow in 1 season. Now you have to grow 4 times the plants and grow them indoors to get the same payout.

Science career is completely nerfed, since gardening doesn't work on community lots, it's almost impossible to get gold on any given day, making progression in that career take MUCH longer.

Now romance is completely nerfed, successfully romancing a sim takes MUCH longer now. You have to flirt once, and friendly for two hours or else romances fail. If the romance fails, it's best to quit for another day 'cause everything will fail.

It's getting too hard to do anything to make the game fun any more.