Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It seems like we won't have a baby update...

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't see the "no" there at all. Just a general thing where sometimes she and Grant say "no" to each other. There was never a "no baby update, ever".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It didn't sound to me like they were never going to do one, but it did sound to me like they probably haven't started one yet so if they do do one in the future, it'll probably be a long time coming.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't see the "no" there at all. Just a general thing where sometimes she and Grant say "no" to each other. There was never a "no baby update, ever".

I'm soooory. I'm not a native speaker and sometimes it's hard cause they speak fast. But why James said : ''it's good to hear that the answer is no'' ?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member

I'm soooory. I'm not a native speaker and sometimes it's hard cause they speak fast. But why James said : ''it's good to hear that the answer is no'' ?

He said he was glad to hear the answer isn't no. Your English is very good though.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didn't hear a no for the players. Pretty sure the guru's/designers have their doubts on certain content much like strangerville when grant mentioned it in the maxis monthly with being skeptical. Grant mentioned a year or so back on twitter that babies were on their list of things to look at.

Babies in every iteration is the shortest and most boring life stage to me, but hey if they can update them I'll take it either way. I always end up letting my sim autonomously take care of them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t really want a baby update, but whatever.

The whole “explain my first pet stuff” thing was really annoying, especially since they included whatever that thing with the video “question” was.
  • Options

He said he was glad to hear the answer isn't no. Your English is very good though.

Oh, it makes all the difference. Yeah the way he said that was similar to ''the answer is no''. Thank's for my English, that's not perfect tho but it has improved a lot since 2017. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if you look back to the sims1 babys where like objects until they became kids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    if you look back to the sims1 babys where like objects until they became kids

And?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    A bit of topic but regarding the video:

I wouldn't mind a hairstylist business like the vet/restaurants where you can put unique hair on the sims that you can colour with a colour wheel, or a tattoo parlor to paint on sims skins.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2019
    Interesting interview. Towards the end when Lyndsay is speaking about what she sees or thinks about as far as the future for the sims she speaks about connecting players? She didn’t really elaborate but it sounded to me like maybe she was thinking about an online option? Or multiplayer option? Gawd, I hope not.
  • Options
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    Interesting interview. Towards the end when Lyndsay is speaking about what she sees or thinks about as far as the future for the sims she speaks about connecting players? She didn’t really elaborate but it sounded to me like maybe she was thinking about an online option? Or multiplayer option? Gawd, I hope not.

Same.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Same.

If that turns out to be the driving direction for Sims 5 it will be the end for me. I won’t get ahead of myself, but if a Sims 5 is going to happen it must be in production? Or at the very least they are working on it. For her to say that makes me feel like this is maybe where the game might be headed. Sad to think about.
    For me anyway.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad if the babies don't get an update!!! And to everyone saying that we don't need one because they're boring: Everyone has a different play style and some are really family orientated.
  • Options
    BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    I would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad if the babies don't get an update!!! And to everyone saying that we don't need one because they're boring: Everyone has a different play style and some are really family orientated.

This. I mainly play with families so I'd also like more game play for teens and elders. However as babies are currently objects I'd prefer to have them updated first; even if it's just something like being able to drag the bassinet into another room in live mode would be an improvement.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Why are people obsessed with getting an update for literally the most boring life stage in the game? Okay, we remove babies from their bassinets, then what? They'll have the same exact functions as before, except now they'll be able to be moved around... yay, I guess? I mean, Sims 4 babies are literally the same as they've always been in previous games... the only difference is that they can't be removed from the bassinet.

Most players just age babies up within a few days anyway, so why is getting an update for them such a big deal?

I wouldn't say I am obsessed with getting them changed, but I would like it. The babies how they are though are still one of my very favorite life stages to play. I usually don't age a long long time because I always play families with lots of kids and I love having the parents taking care of babies. I'm not really expecting an update, so I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't and I think they are fine how they are now, but if they did update it I would also be very very happy because as fine as they are they could be a hundred times better
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2019

I don't think she meant it as an Online Multiplayer option.

She mentions that she wants to make it easier for us to connect and find other people that are similar to come to our "streams"/videos, or I suppose to be able to share screenshots, or video clips, (or share our challenges that we're playing, other game-play, etc) and she mentions she doesn't want to recreate the Twitch Platform. But wants to make it easier to find other Simmers and probably be able to interact with others and share pictures, videos, (I should really go to bed.. instead of being on the forums.. repeating myself, and semi-fighting sleep) and be able to comment and things like that. But I could be very wrong as she was vague about her response. It will be interesting to see if they try to release something for this, though.
    Post edited by OneAdorkableGirl on
  • Options

I don't think she meant it as an Online Multiplayer option.

She mentions that she wants to make it easier for us to connect and find other people that are similar to come to our "streams"/videos, or I suppose to be able to share screenshots, or video clips, (or share our challenges that we're playing, other game-play, etc) and she mentions she doesn't want to recreate the Twitch Platform. But wants to make it easier to find other Simmers and probably be able to interact with others and share pictures, videos, and be able to comment and things like that. But I could be very wrong as she was vague about her responsible. It will be interesting to see if they try to release something for this, though.

I hope you’re right. The vagueness of her response has me wondering.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Well, now I'm not sure how much interest I'll be having in this game for much longer. Babies need more than any other life stage, but the team seems to make it clear that they have no desire to give them any sort of improvements. It's honestly sad that family players are so grossly neglected to the point that we can't even have babies as actual living beings.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am a family player and I just don't see the point to updating babies. It's a three day lifespan, and as a mom I can honestly say they do the exact same things as real babies: cry, sleep, eat, and mess in their diaper. Being able to have your Sims pack them around while they do these things doesn't really add anything to the game. Plus everyone complains often and loudly about the multitasking in this game, how is it going to work with adult Sims trying to do anything in this game while packing a baby about? I can only imagine the complaints of it's set baby down to do x, then pick baby back up, to into next room and set baby down to do y. At least when you set a toddler down they can manage to amuse themselves for a bit while your adult sim is otherwise occupied. Guaranteed baby Sims set down while mom does laundry will be squalling to no end in a matter of seconds.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there, I've moved this to speculation and rumour because it is speculation. Carry on :smile:
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Oh, it makes all the difference. Yeah the way he said that was similar to ''the answer is no''. Thank's for my English, that's not perfect tho but it has improved a lot since 2017. :smiley:

Agreed with the previous poster - your English is very good. As a native speaker, I found both of them a bit difficult to understand - they're speaking quite fast, and they aren't speaking very clearly. The NoCal accent most of the gurus have is much slower and more carefully pronounced.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I thought it was good news that Lindsay wants to see babies updated - it's just not on the table right now. As she notes, there is a lot of free stuff they'd like to add, but they can't do it all at once. (And a baby update would really have to be free, not part of a pack, since it would change a whole life stage.) I'm happy to hear that we've got Lindsay in our corner.

Personally, I can't understand why people want cars or an island paradise (more candy for the YT life stage). I can't imagine anything more boring than watching my Sims get into a car that teleports off the lot or swimming in the ocean.

I do enjoy the babies, even as they are now, but I'd be thrilled to have more things to do with them. If we could do more with babies, I'd probably turn off aging to play that life stage longer, so arguing that 'it's such a short life stage' isn't fair. It's short because the options are so limited.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I thought it was good news that Lindsay wants to see babies updated - it's just not on the table right now. As she notes, there is a lot of free stuff they'd like to add, but they can't do it all at once. (And a baby update would really have to be free, not part of a pack, since it would change a whole life stage.) I'm happy to hear that we've got Lindsay in our corner.

Personally, I can't understand why people want cars or an island paradise(more candy for the YT life stage) . I can't imagine anything more boring than watching my Sims get into a car that teleports off the lot or swimming in the ocean.

I do enjoy the babies, even as they are now, but I'd be thrilled to have more things to do with them. If we could do more with babies, I'd probably turn off aging to play that life stage longer, so arguing that 'it's such a short life stage' isn't fair. It's short because the options are so limited.

Really? You can't?

Car woohoo, listening the car radio, travelling in a car with pets and toddlers, driving to community lots, mechanic npc to get cars fixed when they break down, getting a drivers license, garages and driveways etc.

Beaches, ocean swimming, surfing, making sand castles, collecting seashells, scuba diving and snorkelling.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1