Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freeplay Getting Garages?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Freeplay got toddlers before TS4 so I think this is a good sign. I hope the mods dont move this as it s a Speculation Thread.

Update
They ve had cars but I think Garages are coming.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I thought Freeplay has pretty much always had cars?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

No I dont believe they do.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Freeplay has had cars for a long time. They didn't have garages though only driveways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Free play has always had vehicles. There’s a car dealership on the map next to the mall.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Oh i was so exited first but then i look and it does seem like free play have had cars a long time, many years ( i dont play free play but looked online). BTW didn't sims 4 mobile get golden toilets etc items very similar than in get famous even before we did know expansion like that? Then that would have being maybe hint.. I would love to see some hints so i could speculate what is coming next.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Why does hearing about Freeplay always make me disappointed with TS4. They have actual customizable babies and cars, meanwhile 5 years into TS4 we still don't have any of that. :/

Free play has always had vehicles. There’s a car dealership on the map next to the mall.

Oops my bad. It must be garage's that are coming then.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Why does hearing about Freeplay always make me disappointed with TS4. They have actual customizable babies and cars, meanwhile 5 years into TS4 we still don't have any of that. :/

Oh i just look babies in free play! I would wish we could do that since babies in sims 4 are so boring. Can't even move my baby to other crib.
    Well i mean they are OBJECTS in this game but still. That is one thing i would want EA to look deeper into.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Oh, I didn't know Freeplay was still around. Never knew that it had cars. Fascinating. I think it's still on my old iPad 2... where I stopped playing it in 2016 because I could either pay real $$$ or wait 36 real time hours to do something.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    If only that was for TS4 pc game ! But still, that may be the beginning of something.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Man Freeplay gets all the good stuff.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2019
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Man Freeplay gets all the good stuff.

The Freeplay artists are very good.

I wish TS4 had the same art team. Freeplay has amazing hairstyles, buy catalog items and clothing. For a mobile game they have really good designers over there.

DyCQRKxUcAA4Rti.jpg

Dxpwn84V4AEOpTm.jpg

I want a centerpiece fireplace in TS4 as well! And look at those bar stools, lamps and reflective flooring.

I have been requesting a corner fireplace in TS4 for over 2 years and it's not happening anytime soon. But you know what we get instead? Ugly non functional clutter.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Man this is really making me want to reinstall free play. I got really far into it at one point but then got burned out.
    ~ ~ ~
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Man this is really making me want to reinstall free play. I got really far into it at one point but then got burned out.

My thoughts exactly. I had reached level 31 right before I uninstalled it and it was way before all of this cool stuff was added.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

Found out it's an update to their cars. Probably more makes and brands.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Well if the cars were recently like they used to be before you couldn't really do that much with them just get in them and then "drive" around the map in this weird mini-game to collect coins that you had no control over. They may be adding things where you can actually interact with them in the garage setting though through the mechanics of the game various mini things that last various lengths of time.
    ~ ~ ~
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Isn’t Freeplay the TS3 based mobile game? It seems kind of weird to compare them, especially since TS4 has its own game in Mobile.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    Since The Sims 4 has been released, the EA HQ studio always ignore the interesting ideas of the Aussie studio.

Maybe it's matter of ... ego or maybe not, nobody knows.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited March 2019
    Seem to be forgetting freeplay is made by a different sim team in a different country from the pc.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    It also came out in 2011. So it's had 3 more years of content plus their own established Sims team - and really doesn't have anything to do with the pc version. Tjey also make several other mobile games that are from EA PC games too - Like Need for Speed. They are an amazing studio but they make mobile games.

Heck you should see the nice job they did on Magic and their Halloween Stuff. You talk about cars - we'll they have had Magic for a long time too and stuff we will never get most likely. One thing they do seem to have that we have is a lot of bug complaints. LOL.

I do not play mobile games but I do enjoy seeing the work the studios do on many of them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited March 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Isn’t Freeplay the TS3 based mobile game? It seems kind of weird to compare them, especially since TS4 has its own game in Mobile.

No - There was an actual Sims 3 mobile but they only put out a few packs - 3 I believe - but last I heard they did not sell well - as they were not Free- FreePlay is free, and both the phone stores stopped selling them. I heard yet another EA studio made those Sims 3 ones. EA's Firemonkey Studios made all the Free Play Sims mobile and still are making them since 2011.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If only they would add cars to Sims 4 I still cant believe for a game that forces modern on the players cars are not a thing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    The Sims Freeplay is way much better than The Sims Mobile. Mobile gets repetitive and theres not to much content for it and 90% is content fro The Sims 4! Freeplay have a unique style, its made by other team, its not by Maxis. Have much more content and the thing about real time is not a big deal when you manage to have a lot of families in town.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It also came out in 2011. So it's had 3 more years of content plus their own established Sims team - and really doesn't have anything to do with the pc version. Tjey also make several other mobile games that are from EA PC games too - Like Need for Speed. They are an amazing studio but they make mobile games.

Heck you should see the nice job they did on Magic and their Halloween Stuff. You talk about cars - we'll they have had Magic for a long time too and stuff we will never get most likely. One thing they do seem to have that we have is a lot of bug complaints. LOL.

I do not play mobile games but I do enjoy seeing the work the studios do on many of them.

They have working cinemas, malls and amusement parks as well.
    edited March 2019
    I just read today though Firemonkeys are getting a big lay off. The article said about 50 would be laid off. That is sad seeing they are doing some real good work. That's 50 really talented people and about a quarter of their people. Last I knew they had 200 on that team.

In dreams - I LIVE!