Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attention, all Simmers!

divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
edited March 2019 in Off Topic Chat
Hi everyone. I found out today that a Game Changer, DylanSimz, a 27 year old, has been harassing underage boys on social media for two years. It was reported to Sim Guru Kate, who then contacted the * and he told her it would never happen again, but it did. When this was brought to their attention, the Gurus should have removed him as a GC there and then, but they didn't. Only when another GC called him out on his actions, he decided to step down as a GC and take a break from social media. That means minors are not out of the dark and he could do it again in no time, as no actions have been taken against him.

See this video more more info (sorry about the swearing):
[ Edited by EA_Mai: video removed - inappropriate content. Please, keep in mind the forum rules ]

If you are a minor and have been affected by this, I'm truly sorry and I hope you are okay. I encourage all minors to NOT talk to anyone privately on social media, except your family and friends, because you never truly know whether you can trust the person you're talking to. Remember the saying: "Don't talk to strangers". I'm so glad that I wasn't on social media when I started playing this game 10 years ago when I was 12 and I think it's better for minors to avoid social media completely. I hope EA learns from this and take action against people like this immediately, before it happens again. Even if they promise to stop, they won't.

[ Edited by EA_Mai - don't skip the swear filter ]
phULnBI.png
Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
Origin ID: divanthesimmer
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    edited March 2019
    I really, really wish that people would not speak on things that they do not understand. People are jumping on this whole situation like they were personally involved. It is appalling, honestly. All the people I see making videos, making posts, doing this and that are not involved and should not be involved.

Pastal Sims, who may or may not be a part of the Game Changer program, has no right to be posting and using this situation as a way to grow her audience. She is repeating false information and ignoring the facts presented.

This is the Harvey Weinstein case all over again and most respectable people avoided that with a ten foot pole.

1) Her pinned comment on that video is, ‘I’m not quitting sims* I just wont be giving them my money

This is quite pathetic and juvenile. Punishing the company as a whole and boycotting a series that got you where you are because most of the employees at EA had their hands tied with this whole situation? Real mature.

So, she will not quit the Sims, instead, she will just not give them any more money because an event that does not concern her at all happened. Hmm. Interesting. If she is a part of the EA Game Changer, she should be dropped.

2) The video title is ‘the sims community is full of *.’

Just wow. What a clickbait title. One person does not define an entire community. One act does not make the rest of the community fall into the same category. If it is full of *, like Pastal Sims says, why is this the first case of it going public?

2.1) “He’s attracted to 🐸🐸🐸🐸” – “he’s attracted to children”

Around twenty-five seconds in, this appears on the screen. This is the most disgusting blanket statement I have ever seen. I truly have no words.

3) Attacking EA employees over this

Stop. I am certain that most of them had their hands tied and were unable to actually do anything without being sued. Also, no one wants their business out in the open and they were most likely dealing with it in quiet. Another issue is that maybe it was a strict business relationship and all drama was told to be resolved in private. The matter of this is that no one knows what is going on and no one should be jumping at people without all the facts.

4) Age of consent

The age of consent for most countries is about sixteen, with some being as low as twelve and others being twenty-one. This is another reason why EA may not have acted as they should have because anyone sixteen and over is, by law, fine. There was one case where a boy was fifteen when they STARTED speaking, but does that translate to sexual or whatever then and there.

On a closing note, I just want to say that I have no idea whether this guy is innocent or guilty, but no one truly does. The evidence presented could be fake, the people coming forward may have never messaged this guy in their life. The point is that no one knows what is going down and everyone, at this point, is truly spreading misinformation.

[ Edited by EA_Mai - don't skip the swear filter ]
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited March 2019
    I fully agree witht he poster above and I feel none of knows what has actually happened and why certain courses of action have been taken. Most of all, I feel like it's absurd to blame EA, Lindsay or Kate for any of this as there are steps and directions to be taken when accusations such as these occur.

@EA_Cian, I would ask this thread to be closed.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2019
    Point is, if the Gurus knew that he really was harassing people and taking advantage of his position, he should have been removed as a game changer and if possible, reported to the authorities. There is no excuse for such behaviour. This could have been much worse and I shudder to think of the consequences. Nobody except the victims and the harasser really knows what happened, but we as a community SHOULD be speaking out about issues like this, not allow it to happen, not defend the perpetrator and take action against the perpetrator.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2019
    Hi everyone,

I would like to share this statement by Lyndsay Pearson:

I'll be closing this thread now as this is not a discussion that belongs on the forums.

Edited: Adding an update, also from Lyndsay Pearson:
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited March 2019
    [Edited by EA_Mai - link removed, video is not appropriate]

I ended up being linked to this in a discord that has nothing to do with sims. I feel like this whole thing going down was very not publicized and that maybe it should be known.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited March 2019
    mirta000 wrote: »
    [Edited by EA_Mai - link removed, video is not appropriate]

I ended up being linked to this in a discord that has nothing to do with sims. I feel like this whole thing going down was very not publicized and that maybe it should be known.

I think it's pretty well known. There have already been threads on the forum about it and it's all over more popular social media.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
    #Team Occult
    @mirta000 - merged your topic to this one. Please, read my comment above.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope Lyndsay will address the recent happenings in the Game Changer program and how they intend to protect minors and others.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I hope Lyndsay will address the recent happenings in the Game Changer program and how they intend to protect minors and others.

I find this so ridiculous......just do a background check and keep tabs on your influencers. Aren't they "paying" them and sponsoring them and giving them free things? Free marketing doesn't come out cheap EA xD I honestly still think these minors who are on the internet speaking to strangers should just simply have better parental supervision.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I find this so ridiculous......just do a background check and keep tabs on your influencers. Aren't they "paying" them and sponsoring them and giving them free things? Free marketing doesn't come out cheap EA xD I honestly still think these minors who are on the internet speaking to strangers should just simply have better parental supervision.
    Regardless, Maxis shouldn't be pretending to the general fans of this game those things didn't happened and time to address the customers here. Not some vague comment on twitter. Keeping it all swept under the rug and barely known on twitter is not how to handle this and Maxis Monthly would be a good start. After all it's their game changers who influence the larger public to buy this game and no better place than Maxis Montly (news) to address it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar @Sigzy05 Merged here, for the reasons explained in my comment above.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top