Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited February 2021
    I am still surprised that this came to me the way it did. I think it feels like a real fairy tale, it uses characters from Murkland that I adore, and I am just happy with how it turned out. Thank you for the inspiration Lisa and everyone.

vvp-banner1.jpg?w=1024

Read it HERE
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Minraed wrote: »
    I am still surprised that this came to me the way it did. I think it feels like a real fairy tale, it uses characters from Murkland that I adore, and I am just happy with how it turned out. Thank you for the inspiration Lisa and everyone.

vvp-banner1.jpg?w=1024

Read it HERE

it is quite wonderful Min!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Miss Kelly Sims is new here to our little group and could not post her link. I am assuming that has to do with forum restrictions for new forum users? anyway, here is her first submission to our monthly little challenge here.

The Nightingale by Miss Kelly Sims on her wordpress page HERE
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    Minraed wrote: »
    Miss Kelly Sims is new here to our little group and could not post her link. I am assuming that has to do with forum restrictions for new forum users? anyway, here is her first submission to our monthly little challenge here.

The Nightingale by Miss Kelly Sims on her wordpress page HERE

Very nice .. I was just coming in to post this <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member

Hello, Fellow SimLit Writers and Friends! :)

This is my entry for the MSSSC February 2021: MSSSC: Red Riding Hood Reversed

• Options
    MissKellySimsMissKellySims Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you! I'm really excited to be part of it :)
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I'm so happy to know that this is still running! I've just returned to the simming world and the forums and this was one of the first things I looked up haha Looking forward to reading the entries and participating next month~
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Thank you! I'm really excited to be part of it :)

Welcome to the community, Miss Kelly! Really enjoyed your story!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hello everyone! After some convincing from @xamira99 I decided to enter for the first time this month. I really liked the theme but as usual, my brain was unable to focus so it's a little bit on the longer side (in other words, it's exactly 1000 words). I hope it's ok I added screenshots of the characters before starting the story, but since they all have 2 appearances (the 'normal' appearance is on the left and their disguise in the middle) I hope it's easier to recognize them.

You can find my entry for the MSSSC February 2021 on Tumblr (the pinned post) or click here: Princess Alaina and the Sleeping Beauty’s Spindle.
    Post edited by CatharinaSophia on
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Would a semi-retelling/original concepts and characters count for a fairy tale?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hello everyone! After some convincing from @xamira99 I decided to enter for the first time this month. I really liked the theme but as usual, my brain was unable to focus so it's a little bit on the longer side (in other words, it's exactly 1000 words). I hope it's ok I added screenshots of the characters before starting the story, but since they all have 2 appearances (the 'normal' appearance is on the left and their disguise in the middle) I hope it's easier to recognize them.

You can find my entry for the MSSSC February 2021 on Tumblr (the pinned post) or click here: Princess Alaina and the Sleeping Beauty’s Spindle.

This is brilliant @CatharinaSophia ! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Would a semi-retelling/original concepts and characters count for a fairy tale?

yes .. an original or a retelling of a fav or even the fractured retelling of a fav <3 Free hand with that
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I'm so happy to know that this is still running! I've just returned to the simming world and the forums and this was one of the first things I looked up haha Looking forward to reading the entries and participating next month~

WB .. I am happy you stopped by!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    LOL I actually made it in on time ...

A Tiny Fairy Tale
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

Very cute story!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    @lisabee2 Is it possible for me to turn in my entry tomorrow the 1st? I live in Texas and this month has been terrible. We lost electricity and water during the storm. Then I was sick all last week. I thought I'd have this whole weekend to work on my story, but then the bathroom flooded yesterday. I'm so tired, but I tried to make it happen anyway. I'm halfway done and there's no way I'll finish before the deadline. If it's not possible, I understand and will join in March.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Qnshr5 You certainly can .. I will not publish til then <3

We have saved a spot for you - I for one look forward to the story!

Why don't we give a 2 day extension .. "month" will close March 2nd at midnight PDT

Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2 Thank you!!! :)
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Qnshr5 You are so very welcome!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Why don't we give a 2 day extension .. "month" will close March 2nd at midnight PDT

Warms my heart that you did this, @lisabee2 ! Sending warm wishes to all our Texas friends. Hope you get well soon, @Qnshr5 .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hey everyone! Here's my (very late) entry for February, A Fairy's Tale.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Warms my heart that you did this, @lisabee2 ! Sending warm wishes to all our Texas friends. Hope you get well soon, @Qnshr5 .

It was my joy!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thank you again @lisabee2 Here is my entry: Mizzi and the Lost Girl
    @CathyTea I'm feeling much better. Thank you!
    7YZVoCi.png
  • Options
  • Options
    The vote for Feb is now live ... Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge: February 2021
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger