Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Here is my January 2020 submission

Located in the gallery here.

Let me know if you need anything else from me @lisabee2

That was quite FAB .. I love the intrigue you have set up .. she is a wonderful protagonist and I am sure a fearful antagonist in the future for some scribblers <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    6 days to go
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited January 2020
    ahh. I am back to catch up. Admitedly I was hoping to see more entries, even though I already have a few possible storylines in mind with those submissions that have been made. I know that this concept threw a few people off, but I hope that some will be reading along and get re-inspired.

I was wondering, hopefully not me being out of place saying this, but if for next month people who did not participate this month could still join in by creating a character then picking one of ours for their second character and pick up where we are in the second phase of this challenge OR if they could choose two of our submitted characters to use for their own second part? (if that makes any sense at all) I know you are not new to this stuff Lisa so I am sure you had some ideas in mind, but I thought I would throw that out there.

@darkchadmeister I am heading off to read yours now. I have been looking forward to it, but just now finally getting to it.

oh oh @lisabee2 is there a list of the submissions for easy reference? I was scrolling through these posts, but wanted to be sure I didn't miss anyone.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    edited January 2020
    @lisabee2 so sorry for any confusion. I just realized that since I updated my website that my storyline link from the earlier post will not work. I will go back and edit the first post.

Castaway Todd can now be read HERE
  • shera20shera20 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi, its mebella sims im new lol
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Time to rush to get in my submission!

hehehehehehe

this is fine
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2020
    Don't count us last-second people out just yet! ^_^

There's actually a funny story behind my entry this month...

On New Year's, I aged up the daughter of a less-played household, one I didn't really have a story for yet. I randomized her traits and picked an aspiration I thought worked well with them. I'd just gotten University, and my goal was to play with her and a couple other teens just to test it out before playing with one of my "real" households later. (I think her original aspiration was to become famous; she changed it later.)

Well, Dawn grew on me and as I played her, her story and personality just came together in my head. So she became my Sim for this challenge. I've based her outfits largely on the main one she got when she aged up and later turned. 

A couple events in the story really did happen in the game. L. Faba happened to walk by at the correct moment, and the Romance Festival started right when I was pondering a wedding venue. 

So, anyway, here's my entry, "Dawn, the Good One": http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/01/28/the-good-one/

And here's the link to Dawn in the gallery: 
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1B9B7CF3417111EA88597B704FCB04A0

I hope you guys enjoy getting to know her as much as I did!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited January 2020
    Hi MsBella .. I am glad to link your story for you .. awesome job for the first timeout ... https://msbellasims2018.wordpress.com/2020/01/27/the-history-of-matilda/?fbclid=IwAR0-_PCaBnNT3z8fj7U74IpeZ-QKQaDFBYC3BrIkauelOTOZb-lDyA_rk3Y
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I imagine we will have a few last-minute entries .. I am one of them but mine is nearly done
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    yay! More submissions and prospects. I am looking forward to this.
    My entry for January's Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge ...

Lucian

mFbnlBe.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    I have someone, but I'm struggling with the actual writing. Hoping to upload the story tomorrow (she's already on the Gallery; check for Modded because of a couple of default replacements but otherwise CC-free, household name Knight because I uploaded at stupid o'clock last night).
    Jacob_Banner.png
    @lisabee2 he's so cute. Going to read now.

@lillibattenberg Yay! looking forward to seeing your submission.
    So, next month, we're using someone else's character as an antagonist in our own story? Because I know I'm gonna be brainstorming as I read these. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    I wrote it! Not very good, but I like Michelle so I'm entering anyway.
    January: Michelle
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    My January 2020 short story is finally published!
    https://menabuchner.home.blog/2020/02/01/valley-of-angels/
    Argh. I really, really want to do this, but I'm just stressing way too much over it. Sigh. Maybe in March I'll actually submit something for once write something.
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 465 Member
    edited February 2020
    Here is my January entry with my character Wendy Charring. You can find her in the gallery with Qnshr5 or #MSSSC. The entry: The Book of Love and Death
    7YZVoCi.png
    edited February 2020
    We are closed for Jan
    So, next month, we're using someone else's character as an antagonist in our own story? Because I know I'm gonna be brainstorming as I read these. ^_^

ME TOO! <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Jan 2020 is now closed.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I will explain it more inside of the new blog but not getting your protagonist in for the vote does not preclude you from entering in Fab or Mar
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    Argh. I really, really want to do this, but I'm just stressing way too much over it. Sigh. Maybe in March I'll actually submit something for once write something.

I know it is difficult to put one's self out there but TBH this is a very kind and sweet group of scribblers .. there would be NO judgment from any of us <3 AND I would be willing to bet you would be your own worst critic!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    I am looking forward to reading all of the entries. I have already read some and they are wonderful! Great work everyone!
    lisabee2 wrote: »

I know it is difficult to put one's self out there but TBH this is a very kind and sweet group of scribblers .. there would be NO judgment from any of us <3 AND I would be willing to bet you would be your own worst critic!

Seconding this! I feel much more comfortable submitting my writing here than I do elsewhere. Everyone is super-nice, and I've gotten the chance to experiment with writing in ways I might not have otherwise. :)
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Thanks, but the problem isn't that I'm worried about judgement. I've never had a problem sharing my writing with others. I've been stressing over the fact that I just haven't been wanting to play the household to get screenshots, and I haven't been wanting to write for it, either.