Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    "The Witch's Cat" (Novice category July) Theme: "It's Magic!"
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    About 30 minutes left for July's challenge

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    July's challenge is now closed ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Placing a courtesy link here ..

July 2019 submissions:

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: July 2019 Submissions & Vote
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 464 Member
    I've been really sick this month with a nasty infection. I knew I'd miss the deadline, but I still wanted to do a story for fun. I will be reading and voting, however, so I'm super excited to see what everyone's done. My funtry: True Magic
    7YZVoCi.png
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Got somebody in my sims 3 who might fit the theme if I understood it well.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I have read all the entries and voted. I love how different each person's view on magic is and each entry was magical in its own way, which made voting so much harder. I'm looking forward to this month's theme, though, and already know who I will feature in my story!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 464 Member
    Hi @lisabee2 when I click on @TheAemaSimming story on your blog, I'm directed to J2J's story instead. J2J's blog link does direct to their story so it's linked twice.
    7YZVoCi.png
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    Hi @lisabee2 when I click on @TheAemaSimming story on your blog, I'm directed to J2J's story instead. J2J's blog link does direct to their story so it's linked twice.

It is fixed (I was sooo sleepy last night but wanted to give you all the post)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    I've been really sick this month with a nasty infection. I knew I'd miss the deadline, but I still wanted to do a story for fun. I will be reading and voting, however, so I'm super excited to see what everyone's done. My funtry: True Magic

@Qnshr5 I will pop this one on the blog as a just for fun <3

Your comments were not enabled but wanted to share that I LOVED the story!
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Qnshr5 That really stinks! I sure hope you're feeling better now.

I'm still deliberating and need to add comments (and there's a few late entries I haven't gotten to), but I just wanted to say what I've read so far is awesome. I think it's especially great we have a good number of participants in both categories this time.

Oh, and if anyone wanted to download the fairy class from Clover's Sight, I put it on the gallery:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4C2D7011B33B11E98D688BD3E38CA615

I wish we could correct descriptions after we upload, as I only realized after the thing had been downloaded over a dozen times that the hashtag "fairies" is misspelled. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • MummaSimmaMummaSimma Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys sorry I havent been active lately I've been dealing with some mental health issues. I will be voting soon and hopefully I will be able to submit an entry this month.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Just finished voting and wanted to send my kudos to all the entrants! Great job everyone!

I don't want to skew the vote so I won't say which story, but there was one in particular that really blew me away. It choked me up and brought tears to my eyes. The creative depth of talent in TS4 writing community never ceases to delight and astound me.

BIG thumbs up y'all! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Just finished voting and wanted to send my kudos to all the entrants! Great job everyone!

I don't want to skew the vote so I won't say which story, but there was one in particular that really blew me away. It choked me up and brought tears to my eyes. The creative depth of talent in TS4 writing community never ceases to delight and astound me.

BIG thumbs up y'all! <3

I agree .. <3<3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    I just read and re-read some of the entries. All are very unique and wonderful. Great job everyone. Voted.
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member
    Voted, somehow. Everyone was so good this month, I wanted to vote for them all! 🥰
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm gonna give the August-story a try! First time doing this, so don't expect much, still figuring out everything, but I think it's fun!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »
    I'm gonna give the August-story a try! First time doing this, so don't expect much, still figuring out everything, but I think it's fun!

@Skeilah It is a lot fun. That's what's so great about it. Welcome!

It is fun AND you get an instant audience from this fab supportive crew
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    I just read and re-read some of the entries. All are very unique and wonderful. Great job everyone. Voted.

Speaking at least for myself .. I missed you this month!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

Me too. I'm sure she would've won for the fourth time, had she entered. :D
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer

It is fun AND you get an instant audience from this fab supportive crew

That really sounds nice! As soon as I get a good subject, I’ll get to write ^^
    edited August 2019
    EDIT: Whoops, made a double post.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member

Me too. I'm sure she would've won for the fourth time, had she entered. :D

Ahhh...thanks for the wonderful comments. I am still here, just really busy in rl with work and other issues. I did have the beginnings of a story, but just didn't have the time to finish it off. August appears to be another busy month for me. This continues to be a fabulous endeavour and it is wonderful that some new simmers have decided to try their hand at Simlit. I made a point of getting up at 2am - yes, that is true, to read all the stories and vote. Really great entries this month, and as usual, my hand hovered over several choices before finally making a decision. Keep up the good work everyone. And @lisabee2 - I thought Magic Mike was a fun story, and had a good laugh. Thanks for that :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @divanthesimmer : me too I know who will featuring the August theme I hope I will be good because playing with him will be boring and funny in the same time ahahah.
    Now I need to vote I read everybody !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)