Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sorry for the double post, but I just realized that the five stories that were tied for third before the first place tie was broken pretty much all would have gotten bumped down to fourth and therefore have no idea who they are.

Not all my votes placed, either, though I wish they could have.

We did amazing work this month--don't doubt it, even if you don't have a winner's banner this time around. You never know just how close you came. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 464 Member
    Seeing that every novice placed was hilarious to me (I actually laughed out loud when I saw it). That shows how good the writing is in this challenge. Seriously, you could nail each story in each category to a dartboard, throw three darts and whichever stories were landed on would be good enough to place. Congratulations to all the winners!
    7YZVoCi.png
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    Seeing that every novice placed was hilarious to me (I actually laughed out loud when I saw it). That shows how good the writing is in this challenge. Seriously, you could nail each story in each category to a dartboard, throw three darts and whichever stories were landed on would be good enough to place. Congratulations to all the winners!

Ahhh, me too. Still, it's very surprising to me. Congrats to all the writers and thanks to everyone who voted. This is a great contest.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    Zachsims wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone! Again I’m shocked my story placed. Thanks to all who voted. Cheers! :smiley:

Your story literally brought tears to my eyes. Your writing style feels so genuine--it's hard not to get pulled in. I've voted for your stories both times. I didn't realize it at first because I try to focus just on the writing, not the writer, when I'm deciding. I think you underestimate how good you are at nailing an authentic voice in your characters. I also liked how subtle the ending was. You let the final screenshot speak for itself, and it was incredibly moving. You 100% deserve to be up there. :)

I don’t know what to say. I’m literally speechless. Thanks so much!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Qnshr5 wrote: »

Me too and you have NO IDEA how many times they changed spots ... it was like chasing Christmas lights all week AND the final outcome was a surprise .. LOL a 3-way tie for first .. GOOD-NIGHT! I nearly did a spit take with my tea.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners, give yourself a BIG hand! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* I have the biggest smile on my face right now, we have so many wonderful, talented writers in this community! <3

I'd also like to echo what @katrinasforest wrote about your writing @Zachsims, I agree with every word! :) It's a treat when I find a new writer that's so talented, you write like a veteran!

Also, @SoulGal7 you already know how much I admire your writing and have been one of your biggest cheerleaders. Congrats on winning two rounds in a row, I'm not surprised at all! :)

Happy Simming & Writing y'all! <3
  • MummaSimmaMummaSimma Posts: 11 New Member
    Wow yay! Good job everyone! The entries were all winners in my opinion it was so hard to vote. I'm really excited for this months topic too.
    MummaSimma wrote: »
    Wow yay! Good job everyone! The entries were all winners in my opinion it was so hard to vote. I'm really excited for this months topic too.

You said it well Mumma .. all are winners. I would strongly speculate that all entrants have gained follower/readers .. all have grown as they face the challenge ... and because the simlit community is becoming more visible because of our scribblers who share far and wide ... TY for working hard.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the winners, give yourself a BIG hand! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* I have the biggest smile on my face right now, we have so many wonderful, talented writers in this community! <3

I'd also like to echo what @katrinasforest wrote about your writing @Zachsims, I agree with every word! :) It's a treat when I find a new writer that's so talented, you write like a veteran!

Also, @SoulGal7 you already know how much I admire your writing and have been one of your biggest cheerleaders. Congrats on winning two rounds in a row, I'm not surprised at all! :)

Happy Simming & Writing y'all! <3

Thanks I’m having a great time with it :smiley:
    I have not forgotten to get the place banners out .. I have a ballet recital for my little grand today and will get them ut when I get home
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SylentwhysperSylentwhysper Posts: 65 Member
    Congrats to everyone! :)
    WardHarthBanner1_zpspyw6omfp.png
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited June 2019
    Congrats to all the winners. I'm shocked to have placed there were so many amazing stories. Thank you everyone who took the time to read the amazing stories submitted.

@lisabee2 I know I said I wouldn't enter this month but I have been unwell today and while waiting for the doctor to call back I wrote a little sumfin! :D

Here is my entry with 154 words and 5 pictures
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Loved your entry @Charliimai ! :heart: So much in so few words!
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @Charliimai What a wonderful story of two lives. Sweet and beautiful! <3
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    People who actually expected @Charliimai to not write a short story: 0

Sweet elder couples are the ONLY ones I'll stan now!

(Won't say if my short story will have them or not but I did finish the first draft while on vacation :wink:)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thank you @CitizenErased14 @haswh and @InfraGreen for the lovely comments and of course for reading <3

@InfraGreen I Wish we still had a lol button, I did honestly think I wouldn't get one in this month. The positives of getting sick :D
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Charliimai wrote: »
    Congrats to all the winners. I'm shocked to have placed there were so many amazing stories. Thank you everyone who took the time to read the amazing stories submitted.

@lisabee2 I know I said I wouldn't enter this month but I have been unwell today and while waiting for the doctor to call back I wrote a little sumfin! :D

Here is my entry with 154 words and 5 pictures

What a sweet story <3<3 I loved it!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2019
    Good morning simmers. Here is my entry for June's Monthly Simlit Short Story Contest for the Veteran category. Exactly 800 words. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had writing the story. Comments are always welcome. Thanks :)

SPILLED WINE
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    So sweet @SoulGal7 ! Loved it :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 - Oh that you so much for reading my story!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @SoulGal7 Beautiful story! <3 Almost made me cry it was so sweet. Best friends are the best kind to get together for life.
    haswh wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 Beautiful story! <3 Almost made me cry it was so sweet. Best friends are the best kind to get together for life.

@haswh - Ahhh....that was so sweet of you to say that. Glad you enjoyed it. These two sims are definitely made for each other.
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Good morning simmers. Here is my entry for June's Monthly Simlit Short Story Contest for the Veteran category. Exactly 800 words. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had writing the story. Comments are always welcome. Thanks :)

SPILLED WINE

OH FAB story .. gave me goose chills!

(one of your pics is broken .. he made me laugh)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    OOH and a Nikkamore build .. I adore her work
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 - oh thank you. Not sure what happened with that pic, but it should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know. Yes, I have used that Nikkamore build before. I like it a lot.