Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2019
    Here is my entry, Echoes: A Johnny Zest Story...

http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/05/13/echoes-may-simfic-challenge/

I'm sure I won't be the only one to take the theme in this direction, but I couldn't resist. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Dollyllama108 : You are a sweetheart thank you !!
    @lisabee2 : Thank you my friend, I am glad you accept Prison I cannot write about my Mother's story if I was not allowed to and it would not fit well the contest. You know my story is nice anyways .Yes to write in an other language is hard but I cannot think of everything about Miss V Detective in French and my sims 3 story, even though of course I speak to myself in my language lol. As I cannot sometimes always translate the few French world I use to indicate something because it's as if I am thinking of my story ahaha. I always accept questions and comments.
    @chluke75 : Thank you , I hope my new readers will understand because I always write everything simple, no hard words. It is nice to help me though because I cannot be better if people let me in the ignorance. I don't need a teacher every time but from times to times. Google translator is very very odd, it speaks worse than I do lol.
    @SoulGal7 : Oh really you read me? I am so happy I am glad you like my story. I will be back soon I had to move everybody in Lucky Palm I needed space. :) My story is already writen I need to take pictures, that my game is healthy again, I added so many cc I lost.
    Post edited by Simsophonique on
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Here is my entry, Echoes: A Johnny Zest Story...

http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/05/13/echoes-may-simfic-challenge/

I'm sure I won't be the only one to take the theme in this direction, but I couldn't resist. ^_^;;

LOL awesome twist .. LOVED it lol My brain did not even go there for a second.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I read some of your stories so far omg you're so emotional all <3
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    > @lisabee2 said:
    > @MenaBuchner is too new to forum to post a link .. posting for her :)
    >
    > A Letter to Mom

Thank you, Lisa :)

So excited that you are joining us Mena!
  • Options
    @chluke75 : Thank you , I hope my new readers will understand because I always write everything simple, no hard words. It is nice to help me though because I cannot be better if people let me in the ignorance. I don't need a teacher every time but from times to times. Google translator is very very odd, it speaks worse than I do lol.

That is what she says too, lol. After seeing some of the things it comes up with, I believe it. But even when she has to use it (which is also seldom), I understand what should be said. I can't translate her German, but often times I will correct the google translations for her because once it's in English, it is fairly easy to figure out what it should say.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Yes when you are a native in a language google translation is used to talk, it's easier to understand the sayings even though this is very rough ahah. I reassure you I think I write my story better than Google did ahah. @chluke75
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member

Well, I managed a story this month after all, even though I'm hard at work on my first full-length story. Presenting my May entry, “Ward.” Enjoy!

http://breckenridge.home.blog/2019/05/15/ward/
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    > @chluke75 said:
    > MenaBuchner wrote: »
    >
    > > @lisabee2 said:
    > > @MenaBuchner is too new to forum to post a link .. posting for her :)
    > >
    > > A Letter to Mom
    >
    > Thank you, Lisa :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So excited that you are joining us Mena!

Thank you, Luke, appreciate that. I was/am super nervous about my story as it's a first for me (and so publically done too!). I hope you enjoy it :)
    Looking forward to reading yours!
  • Options
    > @breckenridge said:
    > Well, I managed a story this month after all, even though I'm hard at work on my first full-length story. Presenting my May entry, “Ward.” Enjoy!
    >

Loved this glimpse into Judith's life!
  • Options
    > @lisabee2 said:
    > @MenaBuchner is too new to forum to post a link .. posting for her :)
    >
    > A Letter to Mom

Thank you, Lisa <3
  • Options
    SylentwhysperSylentwhysper Posts: 65 Member
    Hi! Just want to drop in to say hello. I haven't had a chance to read any submissions or work on my own story, but I'm thinking about you all. :)
    WardHarthBanner1_zpspyw6omfp.png
  • Options
    @Sylentwhysper I am in the same boat .. (but I have read them all so far)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    hmm I am afraid I still not have my pictures ready because my sims 3 cc is messing up totally :neutral:
  • Options
    It will be good .. there is still time <3

I have not even started mine yet
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Well, I managed a story this month after all, even though I'm hard at work on my first full-length story. Presenting my May entry, “Ward.” Enjoy!

I loved this! I haven't done much with Judith Ward in my game, but this really felt like it could happen in the game, given her backstory. It was really sweet. Well done!
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member

I loved this! I haven't done much with Judith Ward in my game, but this really felt like it could happen in the game, given her backstory. It was really sweet. Well done!

Aw, thank you. I wanted to find a story of unlikely motherhood, and then the last name just clicked for me. Glad you enjoyed.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • Options
    MummaSimmaMummaSimma Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey I finished my entry for this month but it still wont let me post links. Can anyone please help me?
  • Options
    MummaSimma wrote: »
    Hey I finished my entry for this month but it still wont let me post links. Can anyone please help me?

I can help just message me the link
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    [quote="lisabee2;c-17075187"][quote="MummaSimma;c-17074800"]Hey I finished my entry for this month but it still wont let me post links. Can anyone please help me?[/quote]

I can help just message me the link[/quote]

How do I message?
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »

I can help just message me the link

How do I message?

@MummaSimma Just click on her name and it will take you to her profile. In the upper right will be a "message" button.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    https://mummasimma.com/2019/05/24/a-broken-mother
    I think that's the link to @MummaSimma's story. I really enjoyed your entry! :smile:
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    Yes that's the link. Thank you so much! I'm so happy you liked it
  • Options
    SylentwhysperSylentwhysper Posts: 65 Member
    Well, I didn't think I would make it but then I did it! Here's my entry for May. Had bunches of fun putting this one together.
    https://evermoresims.wordpress.com/2019/05/26/story-little-seed/
    WardHarthBanner1_zpspyw6omfp.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!