Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you do this??? (Read edit!!)

CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
Hi guys!! It's CLCami! I really wanted to give my friend a room I made, but I can't figure out how to download it to my computer. Please don't refer to any YT videos (They've banned in my house rn after my brother saw something bad)!!

And no they don't have cc!!! Make sure your links are child-friendly plz!

tysm

EDIT: Let me re-word this

Do you know how you cc creators sometimes upload houses and junk? Yeah, I'd like to do that! I'm not saying you guys weren't helpful, because I completely forgot about origin ids and that stuff, but I want to upload houses and rooms!
i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
Post edited by CatsLuvCami on

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You don’t need to download it to your computer. Upload the room to the gallery and tell your friend your Origin ID and they can then go to your gallery page and add it to their game that way.
    ~ ~ ~
  • LaAstariaLaAstaria Posts: 17 Member
    Right, so just in case you're not familiar with how to add your room to the gallery: When your in build mode, at the top there is a folder button near the Select button, when you hover over it says, "Save to my Gallery." Click on that and then click the button on the bottom left corner beside of the Twitter button that says, "Share Lot to the Gallery." Then your friend can search by your ID and place the room in her game.

(Sorry if you are familiar with the process and I just explained something you didn't need an explanation for! I just want to make sure you don't have any problems IF you don't know how!)
    •| Nature always wears the colors of the spirit |•
    --~♥~--
  • ElfEnchantressElfEnchantress Posts: 11 New Member
    Here's a good step by step answer from Carls sims guide!

To save a room to your library, then the gallery, follow these steps:

1 Go into build mode (click on the hammer/wrench icon at the top right of the screen.
    2 Left click on the room you want to select.
    3 Hit save to my library (It looks like a folder in the top center of your screen.)
    4 The game's in-game message board will tell you that it's saved to your library.
    5 In your library, you will see the room. In the lower left-hand side, you will see a blue cloud. Click on it. It will turn green. Your game's message board will also notify you that you shared it to the gallery.
    6 Click on the word community (gallery) next to my library to see your room in the gallery.
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    @ElfEnchantress @LaAstaria @3KNPen -
    Thanks for your explanation! I didn't word it right, though, so I went back and made an edit! I'm very thankful for what you said, though!
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    To do that you have to find the tray files in the game (having never done this I am not the best to tell you HOW to do this, I apologize) and then find a place to upload them to like SimFileShare or another file sharing site and provide the link to it wherever you're trying to share it. However if it doesn't have any CC in it it's probably far easier to just upload it to the gallery and tell people your ID.
    ~ ~ ~
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    If you're talking about uploading just a few rooms/houses, it'll be much easier to upload each house or room to the gallery individually. Let your friend know your name on the gallery and they can search for you and download it all that way.

If you're talking about a large number of lots or apartments or rooms, you are able to share your 'save file'. So when you press load game, you can load multiple saves? You are able to send a 'save' to someone, and this save will have all the sims in your game as well as all houses and rooms are they currently are in that save, it'll be a direct copy of it. Is this what you're referring to? If it is, i'll try find some resources that explain it for you.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
    @KalopsianDreamer

YEET! yeet YEET YEET yesss!!

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    There is a free app called sims 4 tray importer, with it you can export and save households, lots and rooms. It lets you package the tray files in a zip file. That way you could just email them, for example, without using the gallery.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    @sunblond

yEs YeS yEs
    thanks! <3