Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

..Military Career glitch?!

My Sim is in the Military career, he advanced to where he had to pick which area he would branch off to and I chose the second one(can't remember what it's called)His job requires him to stargaze, no matter how long or what time he stargazes he will only get credit for 25 percent of the daily activity. I was afraid he wouldn't get promoted, but his job performance is going up at the moment. Anyone else having this issue?

Also since installing Strangerville, my clothes will not dry on the line, not sure if this is intentional because of the weather or if that is a new bug for me also. I invested in a dryer, but my one load of clothes are still on the line..still soaked(My Guy has removed them and hung them out again and they still will not dry)

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Same, I stayed in the Military branch and I have the task to ''train to give orders'' and it doesn't work. I'm at level 7.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Same, I stayed in the Military branch and I have the task to ''train to give orders'' and it doesn't work. I'm at level 7.

Unfortunately not one person(other than you, thank you) has acknowledged there is an issue. I believe I can still move up, but hopefully it will be fixed so you can do what is requested of you to do.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I havent gotten that far for my military guy yet, hope it fixes for you
  • Michellebm6Michellebm6 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having this issue with "Search the Stats" too!! I've just been Googling to see if it's a common issue.
    I've just had him spend 2 days in the telescope, and I've got him to 50%, and u chose to have PTO instead of going to work to try and get it to 100%. Why does it take so long?!
  • Michellebm6Michellebm6 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Michellebm6;c-16987115"]I'm having this issue with "Search the Stats" too!! I've just been Googling to see if it's a common issue.
    I've just had him spend 2 days in the telescope, and I've got him to 50%, and u chose to have PTO instead of going to work to try and get it to 100%. Why does it take so long?! [/quote]

Update: I got it to 100% just before he had to go to work. He didn't get promoted, so I have to try and do it again. It's impossible 😩
    I'm having this issue with "Search the Stats" too!! I've just been Googling to see if it's a common issue.
    I've just had him spend 2 days in the telescope, and I've got him to 50%, and u chose to have PTO instead of going to work to try and get it to 100%. Why does it take so long?!
    Certainly a bug in this career, I only could get my guy to 25 percent, even upgraded the telescope..I am hoping he can still be promoted without finishing the daily task, not really sure because I've never had an issue in other careers finishing a task. (I think they can still be promoted, just might take longer)

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I am also having an issue with the military career that would have worked if I did not solve the mystery - but doesn't work now in my daily task - which says to monitor Sims and I get nothing when I try and monitor the Sims now like I did when I bugged the sims and clicked on the listening device before I solved the mystery - now nothing happens when I try the same thing so I cannot fulfill that daily task.

Devs did not configure the military career properly to work without the mystery from what I can see. It needs some serious re-working as how is any of that going to work in other towns with no mystery period?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I am also having an issue with the military career that would have worked if I did not solve the mystery - but doesn't work now in my daily task - which says to monitor Sims and I get nothing when I try and monitor the Sims now like I did when I bugged the sims and clicked on the listening device before I solved the mystery - now nothing happens when I try the same thing so I cannot fulfill that daily task.

Devs did not configure the military career properly to work without the mystery from what I can see. It needs some serious re-working as how is any of that going to work in other towns with no mystery period?

I didn't finish the mystery yet, but before those that I bugged would come up to listen to, and I could listen to them more than once..but then it came to where I had to plant new bugs on People for them to work. I think I had to listen to 5 People a day x 50.00 a bug.

Never thought how it would affect the career if you finished the mystery, hoping they will work out the bugs. I also have an issue with drying my clothes on the line, they will not dry(kind of wondering if the change in weather is why)I had to invest in a dryer :smile:
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2019
    For the Search the Stars issue, there's a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-SV-Search-the-Star-daily-task-not-fulfilling-slow/td-p/7622746/

I myself has also finished the story and then did military career. I have issues with finding evidence (cause only hacking the computer at the lab seems to count, which break soon after) + the search for stars that's way to slow and only counts if at night cause the option is called different during the day.

I had no issues fulfilling listening in or train giving orders (how did you try to achieve that ?)

There have also been reports for marching and practice sparring with the bot though.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks we've actually moved all of our bug and glitch reporting to the Sims 4 AHQ as it is the place best to go to with issues like these for help.

Considering that I'm going to go ahead and close this thread and move it to the archive. Any further questions or issues you can go ahead and post on the AHQ board! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top