Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I use the sims in my household?

The aspiration says I should make vaccines and cure sims, then convince them to be my allies, but can I still make the vaccines, but use the other sims in my household to defeat the source instead?
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't see why not. You'll probably have to get them infected first, and then cure them.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    You don't have to use the same sims that you test the vaccine on to be your allies. Once you've finished the testing you make "final" vaccines that you can use on anyone you want to inoculate them long enough to do the fight. I think when I tested the vaccine I used it on Jess, her husband, and Mr. Roswell; but my actual team was Jess, Erwin, and Cahill.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't see why not. You'll probably have to get them infected first, and then cure them.

Nope, don't need them to be infected to give them the final vaccine. The sim just needs to be vaccinated first before you can recruit them; you also need a high enough friendship with the sim for them to agree to help fight mother.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    funny thing is, if you've got multiple sims in the same household, each of them can test the vaccine out on the same people (i had one test out on jess and the option was greyed out for the same sim afterwards, saying 'you have already tested on this sim, try someone else' basically. but the second sim in the household didn't have the testing option greyed out, so everyone tested on jess and whoever else was around)

but yeah, once you get around to the real cure, the people you use it on don't even have to be infected. i actually avoided using it on infected sims with the trio i was playing. well, except i had to use it on the infected sim in the group so she could complete the aspiration. and you can, indeed, use the sims in your own household, though they won't get credit for the fight for the aspiration if they're not the sim that actively starts the fight. two of the sims in my first household through the story used at least one other member of the household in the fight