Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pros/Cons of pets???? (I got help ignore this if u wanna)

CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
So, whenever I got the Sims 4 I got the Cats & Dogs expansion pack after a while. I'm very confused about how a pet affects a family, and if they're better to have in a Sims Family or not! Can anyone tell me Pros/Cons?
i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
Post edited by CatsLuvCami on

Comments

• ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't get it. What's confusing about them? They're pets for your sims. You add them to the family when you want your sims to have one. Having one will give you more things to do than not having one would. Which might be a pro or con depending on your own preference for that family.

Maybe if you can specifically mention what's confusing you about them I can help more? I don't really understand. You already have the pack so it's not like you're trying to make a purchasing decision or something like that..right?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    They're just pets...that you can't control without a mod. Oh yes, and they're kind stupid too...you have to tell them where their food and such is. Otherwise, they are as cute as a button. I suggest starting with a cat to try it out.
    . Oh yes, and they're kind stupid too...you have to tell them where their food and such is.
    I've never had to tell my pets where their food is lol
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Lucky you! Mine can't find food or the litter box if they are standing on it.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    They're pets. They sleep. They eat. They poop. They pee. They walk around the house doing cute things. What's confusing you? :D

Are they better to have in a family? I can't really answer that for you, that depends on you and the family. The same goes for pros and cons.

You've already got the pack, so the best way for you to figure this out would just be to go and play with them and see how you feel about them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    Reksoh wrote: »
    . Oh yes, and they're kind stupid too...you have to tell them where their food and such is.
    Lucky, my dog had two automatic dog bowls and would be asking me for food. Had to direct him to the bowl, the fool!
    Reksoh wrote: »
    Lucky, my dog had two automatic dog bowls and would be asking me for food. Had to direct him to the bowl, the fool!

I don't think I'm lucky. The notifications always come up that they're hungry but they always go and get their food by themselves afterwards. I think people see the notifications and think it means they have to tell them to eat immediately.
  • LaAstariaLaAstaria Posts: 17 Member
    I love animals, so naturally I automatically wanted to add in pets for my sims. They're so cute and you can really create some interesting pets in CAS. If you're looking to see if you like adding pets to your sims, I would suggest starting with a single sim home (or the least amount of sims in a household that you play). I'm just suggesting this because personally, I believe adding pets is just an extra step you have to complete everyday, kind of like doing homework. It may also be a good idea to start with a cat, since I personally feel they are easier to take care of (IRL too).

I guess the biggest cons to having pets is when they are a puppy/kitten. They cannot walk up or down stairs, so if you have a pup, your sim will have to carry them outside (if your house has a porch with steps of course) so they can use the bathroom. If you don't have the lag mod, this step may take some time. It always did for me at least. Your sims also will sometimes react negatively if they are around the pee/poop because it's an uncomfortable surrounding. You'll need to feed them, give them baths, clean up hair, help when sick, etc. If your sim isn't properly caring for the pet, or if somethings wrong, then you can "Ask What's Wrong" and solve the problem.

However, adding pets can make a good friend for your single home sims or for sims who aren't too active outside of their house. They can interact with the animal and earn the training skill if you see fit. You can do quite a few interesting things with animals, you just have to try and see what you like! Again though, having pets in large families can be good IF you're willing to take extra time to care for them.
    •| Nature always wears the colors of the spirit |•
    --~♥~--
  • CatsLuvCamiCatsLuvCami Posts: 104 Member
    Thanks, guys!!!!!!
    i come here to play video games and tell bad jokes...does anyone actually read these?
    @LaAstaria -
    Thanksss!! What you said was exactly what I was looking for!!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    They are cute, but I stopped using Pets back in Sims 2. Too much work, and the game requires a lot of work as it is.
  • LaAstariaLaAstaria Posts: 17 Member
    @CatsLuvCami You're very welcome! If I was asking this question I would have wanted the best advice I could receive, so I'm glad to help! Best wishes to your future sim pets :)
    •| Nature always wears the colors of the spirit |•
    --~♥~--
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    So, whenever I got the Sims 4 I got the Cats & Dogs expansion pack after a while. I'm very confused about how a pet affects a family, and if they're better to have in a Sims Family or not! Can anyone tell me Pros/Cons?

As a pet owner in real life I don't understand the question? Why would anyone NOT have a pet?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    @Beardedgeek
    I also have a pet, but I had noticed it had negatively or positively affected my household. I now know that every family shall have a pet :)
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I rarely use pets in my sims anymore, when the pack first released i used them all the time, now its maybe whoever i feel is lonely and needs affection from pets haha. sometimes i just buy a rodent from "My First Pet Stuff".. but those are for my children in the sims lol.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge