Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone PLEASE make a highchair mod!!

Hello, it's me. Ms Frustrated.

I have been looking for a mod like this ever since toddlers came out, so I think it's been over a year. I know that others have posted topics and comments about this too because it's really annoying.

--> What I want is a mod that removes the buff or whatever it is that makes toddlers call for an adult to come let them out of the highchair after a certain amount of time has passed (I think it's 90 sims minutes). <--

I know there is a mod that elongates the 90 minutes to 120 minutes, but what I want is to remove it completely. And I am wondering if that can be done, and if there is some kind hearted, smart soul out there who is willing to attempt it and make it into a mod.

Disclaimer: Yes, I am aware you can make them eat from a platter off the ground/counter/table, and no, that is not a solution. I want them in the high chairs, I just want the "let me out after 90 minutes" thing to go away. Also, turning the autonomy off doesn't work. Nothing in MCC commander seems to work either, at least not what I've found.

PLEEEASEEE!! <3 I would love you forever if you made this happen!

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited March 2019
    You can just download LittleMsSam's mod, open the package with the Sims4Studio and change the 120 to a number like 9999.

However, this will not keep your toddlers from asking other Sims to take them out of the highchair, because there is more to that than the buff. I have a made a mod myself called highchairtweak that diminuishes the chances of your Sims taking your toddler out of the highchair on their own. It can be used in combination with LittleMsSam's Mod or just on its own.

But I would never consider making such a mod as you requested, as that would mean that a toddler you forget to tell your Sims to take out of the highchair will be taken away from the family in no time because they cannot deal with any of their motives on their own while they're trapped in the highchair.

But I guess if you alter LittleMsSam's mod as I described and use it together with the highchairtweak mod, you might get just the results you want.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Thank you for advice, I will try that. But I do have to disagree that I would forget them, I wouldn't. I constantly micro manage and have 100% control of what my sims are doing and I'd def notice if a toddler's motives would decay like that. Thanks again.
  • chishioengichishioengi Posts: 1 New Member
    > @horselover1 said:
    > Thank you for advice, I will try that. But I do have to disagree that I would forget them, I wouldn't. I constantly micro manage and have 100% control of what my sims are doing and I'd def notice if a toddler's motives would decay like that. Thanks again.

I play the exact same way. I despise this high chair nonsense with all my heart because it throws a monkey wrench into my obsessive micro-managing. Did this combination tactic work for you?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I was not saying you'd forget your toddler, @horselover1. But you'd be surprise what kind of feedback you sometimes get as a modder. I wouldn't like to be held liable for any toddler taken away from their family, left to culling.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I don't is the high chairs because they are so buggy. The adults and teenagers area constantly taking them out and putting them back in again and often take forever to set a toddler down after I have asked them to. So, I don't use highchairs. I just set good down on the floor and let the toddler pick it up and eat it wherever their heart desires.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I don't is the high chairs because they are so buggy. The adults and teenagers area constantly taking them out and putting them back in again and often take forever to set a toddler down after I have asked them to. So, I don't use highchairs. I just set good down on the floor and let the toddler pick it up and eat it wherever their heart desires.

Toddlers will take food off of tables and counters too, you don't have to leave it on the floor.
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Toddlers will take food off of tables and counters too, you don't have to leave it on the floor.

Oh. I know that. I just usually bring the plate of food to wherever they are so they don't have to walk through the gigantic house to get to it while they're staving. And then I put the food back in the fridge.