The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates

Who else wants roommates back?
I enjoy having my sims able to live with other sims without having to add them to my household :smile:

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Rebka wrote: »
    I enjoy having my sims able to live with other sims without having to add them to my household :smile:

I do. We'll probably get them back in a University Pack.
  • JacoSurJacoSur Posts: 48 Member
    I want them back so we can pay half and half rent/light and water costs. Would be very interesting in San Myshuno!
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Me! I have already tried a mod for that, but it didn't work very well for me.
    So I really hope we will get roommates soon.

I also think that we will get it in University, if we will get it.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    I really hope we do get University, and in that pack we get roommates that don't need to be added to the household. I think thats a great idea.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I feel they'll be a university feature
    caitytrina.png
  • anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    I'd like that, something both in and out of university if they add a university pack (which I hope is an improvement on the last one, I felt so stressed trying to get perfect grades and compete with the decay of progress in Sims 3 with the short time you were there that I didn't get to enjoy the expac at all. I had enough of that stress in actual university, I don't want it in my game too ;_;). I feel like they could develop on it easily, the apartments touch on elements of it. I'd love it if there would be proper arguments like your Sim, particularly a neat one, getting irate that the roommate leaves their dirty dishes lying around, not just get uncomfortable because of bad surroundings.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I've wanted roommates in TS4 for a while. I hope it eventually makes a comeback.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This has been brought up before and we were told that any unrelated sims living in the same household are roommates. In CAS, you start as a roommate unless you make them related. I know what you're asking for, but this is what we already have. If you want to live with NPCs, they will need to be called something else. Maybe renters.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This has been brought up before and we were told that any unrelated sims living in the same household are roommates. In CAS, you start as a roommate unless you make them related. I know what you're asking for, but this is what we already have. If you want to live with NPCs, they will need to be called something else. Maybe renters.

the roomates we want are NPC roomates they can't be renters because our sims can't be landlords of anything.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

the roomates we want are NPC roomates they can't be renters because our sims can't be landlords of anything.

I understand that, but if you continue to call them "roommates" they will tell you that the have existed since the base game. If you want NPC sims living in your house but are not a part of your household, then you need to rename them or risk being told they already exist. Maybe NPC housemates or something. When they read "roommates", they probably just ignore it because it exists already.
    edited May 2019
    but they're aren't true roommates since with the expection of maybe City living they don't exactly help pay the bills do they? (Technically they don't even w/ City Living). Sometimes the "roommates" is your sim brother or sister-in-law or your parents-in-law.

Besides 2 different people have created mods for "Real" roomates which didn't have to have a seperate name like "renters"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • anorakblueanorakblue Posts: 30 Member
    It won't be difficult to change the names, just as they changed the insane name to erratic. For them to argue that we already have roommates, when people have explained what they mean by having an NPC living alongside you, is just needlessly pedantic and to be fair, kind of arrogant. As MadamLee pointed out, they're not gaining any income from the NPC so they're not renters.

Plus the label "roommate" serves no purpose outside of CAS, it's really just a way to say when making Sims that they're not related. If they're really opposed to something so simple, they could just call them housemates instead.
    but they're aren't true roommates since with the expection of maybe City living they don't exactly help pay the bills do they? (Technically they don't even w/ City Living). Sometimes the "roommates" is your sim brother or sister-in-law or your parents-in-law.

Besides 2 different people have created mods for "Real" roomates which didn't have to have a seperate name like "renters"

Great! Then the devs don't need to waste time and money on something modders have already created. Problem solved.

Great! Then the devs don't need to waste time and money on something modders have already created. Problem solved.

and yet not everyone can use mods you know? I know in the one example-can't remember which one the "roomates" are more like butlers.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member

I do. We'll probably get them back in a University Pack.

Hope so!! I hope there are dorms like in the sims 2
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I would prefer it if they were called 'housemates' or 'flatmates' as 'roommate' means someone you share a bedroom with here.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif