The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

She is OUT of her mind!

2...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Karritz - Those would be the junk food of the toddler literary world. But you see, it is only by consuming garbage every once in a while that we can come to appreciate the better things in life. May as well teach them that lesson early. I believe they do get credit for the books read though, which could be helpful if they work on the Writing skill when they are older. I let them read those, usually on their own, when it's clear they are going to get through the nine skill building ones in plenty of time before their birthday to child. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @Karritz - Those would be the junk food of the toddler literary world. But you see, it is only by consuming garbage every once in a while that we can come to appreciate the better things in life. May as well teach them that lesson early. I believe they do get credit for the books read though, which could be helpful if they work on the Writing skill when they are older. I let them read those, usually on their own, when it's clear they are going to get through the nine skill building ones in plenty of time before their birthday to child. :)

I think I got put off reading the Johnny Sprocket books early on, back in 2009, when I had my toddlers read all books and do all their training and then didn't get to choose their trait due to bad parenting. It only seemed to happen when they'd read the Johnny Sprocket books so I got into the habit of not letting them read them. I rarely try to do the writing career.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Since reading toddlers to sleep was broken by the 1.67 patch and never fixed, I sometimes use the toddler skill books for bedtime stories, by having my sims read them to their toddlers for a half hour or so before putting them to bed. But I don't ever use the Jimmy Sprocket books either.