Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

She is OUT of her mind!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
vG7cQ3S.png

If she thinks she's about to have 10 kids total, then she's crazier than my uncle! Those lifetime points can be up in the millions and it's still not going to happen. I mean, look how much money they have. No more kids!

And who they think is going to take care of them? The dogs? Kevin and Cassidy barely took care of the ones they have. I had to keep cancelling out things like 'play with toy' and 'chat with' sim to get them to feed their kid.

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have kept this wish on only a couple of occasions. Mostly I just cancel the wish while screaming at my sims that "enough is enough!" :D
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Bwahaha, trust me, five is enough, I speak from experience. ;) Even when they ask for a sixth one, I frown at my screen, especially when they're elders on normal lifespan.

I think I attempted the thing once... But the save ended up in the trash sooner than later!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Right! I mean most of thier kids are at ages where they don't need constant attention so now would be a good time for some more kids but I ain't putting myself through that again. XD

Too much work.

There ia always adoption where I could just adopt a child and skip the toddler/baby phases but I don't know if that would count.
  • Options
    I am currently playing a save with my young SS whose LTW is to be surrounded by family. I imagine it won't be long before she is also rolling the 10 kids wish. Who knows? I might even let her have it ;) Of course, I wouldn't lock the wish in since individual baby wishes will be rolled and those, coupled with wishes for kids of specific gender, would accrue many more LTH points in a shorter period.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I've never seen that wish haha. 5 is my limit and I haven't even granted my sims that in years! I hope your family gets some kind of financial miracle :smile:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think the OP should keep and grant that wish so we can see their reaction when their sims roll the one to have 25. Or is that grandchildren, those start showing up eventually too. Who knows, my sims have to go to three ballet recitals, four graduations, break up an argument about a dollhouse, put an end to a teen party that has gotten out of control, and teach the mail deliverer how to go potty. Or something. They haven't slept in years so while they are fulfilled, they have no idea what they are doing anymore. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @igazor I could be wrong but I think that wish only goes as high as 10. Of course, I have never tested this theory ;)

Edit to add: I think the grandchildren one only goes as high as 10 as well unless my sims with way more than that just aren't rolling the wishes :|
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Most of the time I play small families, on low free will. But once, years ago, I decided to let the family oriented couple I was playing have a child every time they both wished for one. They had 13 altogether, including on set of twins. I moved each of them out as soon as they aged up to young adult, except for one at a time who stayed to help care for the babies and toddlers. I was still playing on low free will, but it actually worked out, and I played the household until both parents died of old age, then moved the one young adult daughter who still lived there to a new town, along with her three remaining siblings who were still teen or children. I never did play them in the new town, because I started a new game with the twin sisters instead, and never got back to the others.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited March 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    I think the OP should keep and grant that wish so we can see their reaction when their sims roll the one to have 25. Or is that grandchildren, those start showing up eventually too. Who knows, my sims have to go to three ballet recitals, four graduations, break up an argument about a dollhouse, put an end to a teen party that has gotten out of control, and teach the mail deliverer how to go potty. Or something. They haven't slept in years so while they are fulfilled, they have no idea what they are doing anymore. :p

I started feeling that way...after three months worth of midnight diaper changes. Gotta let the wife sleep. And that was only three kids (in real life, sometime way back when I still had functioning brain-cells or something like that...nowadays...I sit in the corner drooling and hit myself in the head with a hammer).
    Patrick%2Bthe%2BStarfish.jpg
    There's a reason I keep shoving my sim-kids up to toddler by the end of the first day. The real ones don't let you crank the energy meter down to minimum so they'll shut off and go to sleep.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @Mikezumi: Yeah, Cassidy has the family oriented trait and the surrounded by family LTW so it's not surprising that she rolled this wish but it's not happening. That is too many kids. And besides, she and Kevin are about to age up into elders. They need to be spending their golden years relaxing, not trying to take care of some kids lol. If one of my Sims in a later generation has the money the room and the family oriented trait, then maybe I'll let them have the 10 kids but right now they don't have the time, room, nor the money.

@coco: I think that wish comes up when your sim has the family oriented trait, but I could be wrong. And thank you. Yeah, they are struggling but luckily all the kids are teens so they can get some part time jobs to help out. Kevin does make some decent money as well but just like in real life, they seem to be spending more money than they earn.

@igazor: 25?? No that is way too many kids. I cancelled that wish after I took the picture. No, my nerves won't be able to take it. But 25 kids is too many. IT's like Duggar, Sim style. No thanks XD

@Mikezumi: I've never tested that theory either as I am scared to lol.

@IreneSwift: 13?! How?! That is lot of kids! Golly geez, I tip my hat to you. That was probably hard to do.

@Hejix: Yes, 5 kids is more than enough. I was trying to get 5 and instead out comes triplets. I rue the day I gave both Cassidy and Kevin that darn fertility treatment. Hannah isn't having more than 3 unless this game trolls me and she has triplets 3 times in a row.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Okay, but seriously now there's my very long running multi-generational game (apologies to those who have heard this so many times). Two siblings in Generation 2, one raised 12 kids spaced out pretty well, not all young at the same time. That really wasn't difficult and both parents loved every minute of it. # 12 happened to be adopted and will still be a toddler or a very young child when they both age up to elder, if I played an even longer lifespan they would have probably have just kept going. And there are always going to be tons of grandkids around for them to spoil I mean help raise, soon to be some great grandkids as well.

The other sibling has over 30 kids. Note the wish says have x number of kids, not raise them. But he is not family oriented and not drawing wishes like that, 26 of them were "illegitimate." Of the remaining four, two of them were science center clones, so they arrived as children already, and one was raised by the other parent until they were a teen so there weren't all that many diapers to deal with over the years. This sibling has a genetic connection to the my game's founder, the first TS3 sim I ever made, and most of his offspring are scattered about many different NRaas Traveler mod connected worlds so I get to see that sim's genetics all over the place whichever world I am playing in. :)

I don't know if merely fathering these children would have satisfied the wish shown or if them being in all different worlds would have goofed up the count, but he was never going to draw wishes like that anyway. He's not a bad father, but of course he can't keep up with all of those kids in foreign worlds when he is at home. But he is very...let's say affectionate generally, if not more than bit Commitment Issues challenged with 23 Romantic Interests we probably would not ever want to see in the same place/world at the same time. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Ten?? As in a one and then a zero after it?? Not simply just one or zero?? Does it count if she has 5 and then just gets so drunk she sees double all the time?? That's what I'd probably be doing with 5 anyway... ;D
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've never seen that wish! Too bad, most of my sim couples have more than 10 children.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Seriously, having had real offspring. @igazor, the thought of 30 progeny (even if it's just Sims) would have me curled up in a heap twitching uncontrollably and mumbling "the horror, the horror" to myself with flashbacks of being elbowed in the ribs at "Holy Geez Would you take a look at the time-oh dark thirty" "Honey...the baby is crying". Thank you very much, @Featherbelle. I love her dearly, but a man has to be able to function...and I was "functioning" on vapour the next morning.

Luckily for me, I've never had the "wants 25" wish...and that's probably a good thing for the sole remaining functional brain-cell I have left. That one's already hypoxic and hence the reason for my twisted sense of humour.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @IreneSwift: 13?! How?! That is lot of kids! Golly geez, I tip my hat to you. That was probably hard to do.

It wasn't that hard to do it that one time. I am actually considering doing it again. I kept most of the family members busy with something they would keep doing until I canceled the action out of their queue, like playing chess or guitar, or playing on the playground. Then I could do something with one of them that required more attention and input from me. They each had their turn with that. The biggest difference from my normal style of play was that I didn't get attached to any of the children except for the first born of the twin daughters, who was the one who stayed to help with the babies and toddlers after she aged up to young adult, until her parents had both died. Even though I controlled all of them, I didn't really give any of the others much attention.
  • Options
    davidbowiedavidbowie Posts: 6 New Member
    i've never seen this wish before, good lord! i adore playing families, but raising kids is exhausting. i've even given up playing "surrounded by family"- my simmies having 4 or more is a rare occurrence in my game now.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sometimes I wonder how people have so many kids and then I figure that's what locks on the doors and grease on the doorknobs are for. :D

One of my sim couples I set out to have as many kids as they could, so I set up autonomous woohoo and let them have fun. I even had a woohooium ingot in their bedroom as well. They got up to 8 or 9, including a set of twins, before I took pity on her and got him snipped. *rofl*

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @igazor: 30, okay that's insanity. But then I saw you play on longer lifespans. I usually only play on Normal lifespans so I mean.. yeah. Longer lifespans could give you more time to get the toddler skills accomplished. Your game sounds completely insane.

@AbellaKellaher: Yes 10 as in one zero lol. She already has 6 so she is technically already half way there, But then when I move my heir out, the Nrass Story Progression will take over and probably let them have more kids but I won't be there to deal with them. lol

@TreyNutz: Yeah that wish I think only shows up on family oriented Sims. I also tip my hat to you for also being able to manage 10 kids or more.

@Nikkei_Simmer: Your post made me laugh really hard. XD But yeah, I have nothing but mad respect for Simmers who are able to handle that many Sims and not lose their minds.

@IreneSwift: Hmm, when you put it that way, it's doesn't seem like it's that tedious. If you do try it again, are you going to make a story or something?

@davidbowie: I like my Sim's having families as well but I rarely let them have the surrounded by family wish because kids are hard work in this game.

@KevinL5275: LOL. Yeah, I can barely handle 3 kids at once but then they start popping out multiples it just goes downhill from there. That poor Sim woman. Yeah, 8 or 9 kids is a plenty lol

• Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    One of my sim couples I set out to have as many kids as they could, so I set up autonomous woohoo and let them have fun. I even had a woohooium ingot in their bedroom as well. They got up to 8 or 9, including a set of twins, before I took pity on her and got him snipped. *rofl*
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    @KevinL5275 - I usually save all the woohooium I can get. I never sell them. Besides...it makes for a great night light when River and Haruo woohoo. :D If one woohooium is great - two or more must be even better. :smirk:

OUCH... as a fellow married man...and simmer, I'm sympathetically cupping my family walnuts..."What...are you planning on doing with that scalpel? Doc...?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @igazor: 30, okay that's insanity. But then I saw you play on longer lifespans. I usually only play on Normal lifespans so I mean.. yeah. Longer lifespans could give you more time to get the toddler skills accomplished. Your game sounds completely insane.
    Skills, you say? What toddlers? Wait, which household are we talking about? :p

The one sibling with 30 kids did not raise 27 of them, only one was actually ever living in his house as a baby/toddler and his (now ex) partner did all the work except for when their schedules were such that he had to delay going to work in the afternoon for a bit until the other adult came home. Babysitters in highrise apartments can be a pain. The others, the ones who weren't science center clones, were all SEPs (Somebody Else's Problem). He'd meet up with them occasionally to be a nice friendly good dad, chat, give them fatherly advice that I am sure they ignored, play a game of catch, etc., but nothing insane was happening there. The child support bills (NRaas StoryProgression/SP Money module) were not through the roof because most of these offspring live in foreign worlds.

The household I played (still play) "properly" with the 12 kids, and again certainly not all at the same time, had some help there. The grandparents were around to help with the first few before they retired and I sent them off to Starlight Shores (Traveler mod) to enjoy their golden years in peace, with occasional visits. By the time the triplets came along (# 7-9), there were four teens in the house to help take care of them. It was all matter of managing human, I mean sim, resources. And if you want to see my definition of cute, that would be a musically gifted teen playing the guitar for his four much younger siblings all in their cribs with their needs already having been met, with tiny little "relationship plus" signs coming out of their cribs as they enjoyed his music. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @IreneSwift: Hmm, when you put it that way, it's doesn't seem like it's that tedious. If you do try it again, are you going to make a story or something?

No, writing stories about my games makes them stressful, and I play to relieve stress. So I decided some time ago not to ever attempt it again.

igazor wrote: »
    And if you want to see my definition of cute, that would be a musically gifted teen playing the guitar for his four much younger siblings all in their cribs with their needs already having been met, with tiny little "relationship plus" signs coming out of their cribs as they enjoyed his music. :)

Now I'm going to have to try something like that. I've never seen that happen before.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    My sims have rolled the wish to have ten kids a number of times, and at least twice (that I can remember), the sim with the wish didn't have the Family Oriented trait or anything else that would encourage that wish. I think it's just random once a parent already has six kids.

And I've let them made them have ten kids in many saves. It's not that hard, once you get the hang of it, even without the kind of cheaty premium store items. As many have mentioned already, teenagers can help out, and of course a family oriented sim will teach toddlers their skills significantly faster than other sims. It also helps to max the toddler's mood first—like other sims, they learn much more quickly when they're in a good mood. Put on their favorite music, change their outfit, and tickle them half a dozen times, and they can be taught to walk or talk in 2:15. (Yes, I've timed it. Surprised?)

Also, I've seen the wish for grandkids go up to 20. That one appears much more predictably. A parent sees a kid get married and may wish for a grandchild. ("Have a grandchild" shows regardless of how many the prospective grandparent already has.) When the next grandkid is born—it doesn't have to be the child of the one who just got married—the grandparent may roll a wish to have x grandkids, x being the next step up from whatever number they already have. So a grandparent whose 11th grandchild was just born could easily wish for twenty. As for whether that's a good idea... well, from what I hear, the best part of being a grandparent is that you get to give the screaming toddlers back when you're done.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Getting toddlers to read their toddler skill books in the library speeds up that process to amazingly fast. Give them the book to read and it's finished almost immediately. Never timed it as it goes too fast.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    In case not everyone is aware of this, not all of the toddlers' books are the same length. Each of the three skill building series has one short, one medium, and one long book. So if one wants to compare reading times in various conditions, one has to use books of the same length to do so. The Johnny Sprocket series that do not build skills but only count as books read, those I am not sure if they are different lengths or if it matters (poor Johnny).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2019
    @igazor I never bother with the Johnny Sprocket books. My toddlers always read all 9 skill books. The slow way is to do it at home - the fast way is at the library. I usually do it at home.