Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone playing the Roswell family?

I created a household for StrangerVille. A geeky guy who lives with his best friend and best friend's sister. The geeky guy is the one who is about to finish the affliction storyline. But I am intrigued by the Roswells. I'm thinking deserting my original household for the Roswells! MCCC just notified me that Meredith is pregnant. What to do What to do. This is HUGE for me because I rarely play with the EA households.

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They kinda creep me out :lol:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    I'm about to send my sim to visit the residents. The Roswells will be my first stop. :o
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Whoa, Meredith is pregnant in your game? Did you have them try for a child or was she pregnant by default? This is intriguing to me, because in my game they have no child. They're old and grey and about to pass on, so I moved one of my sims into the home with them. I noticed a single bed in the center room upstairs with a double bed in the same room, and found that curious since they had no children.

Since Mr. Roswell is evil, he has taken a mistress and will have a child through her, but I feel bad for Meredith, and am now wondering if something happened to her child when I was saving Strangerville.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am about to. I just got my save all set up and remodeled their house. In my head canon Meredith is Nancy Landgraab's sister. They never got along and barely speak. Geoffrey who is in the secret agent career is investigating Ted and his shady dealings.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Whoa, Meredith is pregnant in your game? Did you have them try for a child or was she pregnant by default? This is intriguing to me, because in my game they have no child. They're old and grey and about to pass on, so I moved one of my sims into the home with them. I noticed a single bed in the center room upstairs with a double bed in the same room, and found that curious since they had no children.

Since Mr. Roswell is evil, he has taken a mistress and will have a child through her, but I feel bad for Meredith, and am now wondering if something happened to her child when I was saving Strangerville.

MC Command Center will automatically marry townies and give them kids so they can continue the neighborhood, so neither.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I haven't played them but I plan to, Ted is my sim's "friend" for now. He resists when my sim tries to snap him out of his condition, must be very strong!

I'd see him doing illegal glowing fruits sales on the black market... Maybe trying to control the mother to control the town himself...

His wife looks somewhat depressed...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm not actively playing them, per se, but i did play the household briefly when i had a few free minutes so ted would get re-infected after i completed the story the first time through. i also had him join the politician career from city living. and have started revamping their house... including a larger basement area with a few fruit and spores among other things, especially various piles of papers to rifle through for the story. i'll likely also get him the keycard and hazmat suit (though will see if he can go through possessed without it) so that he can work on his relationship with the ending... figured i'd turn the story for the family around with the rewards you can get (such as asking for riches once a day). instead of falling on hard times and selling off their furniture, they're going to be making more money than when they were oil barons (at least i'm guessing they owned some of the oil derricks we see in the background)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

just like @citysimmer mentioned, they became pregnant due to MCCC. I am now playing them. I made Ted level 10 in the political career and Meredith is a top art critic. I changed Meredith's traits to snobby, mean, and self-absorbed. I wanted her to be the exaggerated version of a politician's wife. She is pregnant and they "hired" a live-in nanny for when the baby is born. Meredith and Ted fight like crazy and he flirts with the nanny. We will see what happens. hehe.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't play them, but tested their genetics - they have beautiful children.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    So far MCCC hasnt dont anything I am aware of with the Roswells. The Eclectric Arts family is all married and there is at least one baby so far though. I am currently setting up my post(for now) story Strangerville and debating what to do with them. Meredith seems decent, but in a tragic relationship with Ted. Need some good drama here.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    TaZZZDf.png

OK MCCC this is kind of creepy.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh ok, thank you! I don't use mods so I wasn't familiar with that functionality. Well, at least I know nothing unfortunate happened to her. Thank you @citysimmer and @aaronrulz !
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I gave them a daughter and son so Meredith isn't alone when her husband is locked up for his crimes.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Umm no who knows what they put in their fruitcake for neighbors to eat.
    53176180_841756796167660_5912637676879609856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=fe3c4c7c33812d768520cb5b212e04ae&oe=5D177A80
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I think my Meredith will be a scientist in the lab...
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m not actively playing them, but they are good friends with the couple I’m playing. MCCC gave them a Son in my game, he just became a toddler and is rather cute.
    Roswell might try to start a fridge business... After all the fridges confiscated in the town... Might be his duty as a mayor... And a way to refurnish his home...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm in the process of actively playing them now, but it's pretty much just a temporary thing, continuing what i'd said in my post earlier in the thread. i rebuilt the bunker area again (wasn't quite happy with the initial version i did) with an area where he's got a few of the bizarre plants growing in a dug up section of it and made sure there are a few piles of evidence outside the vault door because the interior is so full... (and, of course, so sims doing the investigation can get into the stuff while the vault door is locked). i cheated the keycard and hazmat suit into the vault so i could get him down to the bottom of the secret lab to work on his relationship, which is what i'm finally doing now that i have the time to play again

ted's bunker:
    acecff63a705a33232a11e1753826204.jpg

ted's study (not really complete yet):
    b3314a2eca02d5af773b44ee9f5877b4.jpg
    i love how the military flags work for higher end politician rooms, and the executive items unlocked at high end business career work wonders for adding the right amount of gravitas, too

meredith has her own dedicated room, too, though i don't really have a feel for her personality yet, so it's pretty barren so far
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I am playing them a bit in my new game. I have my base journalist sim who is the one with the aspiration, but I also have a new military sim moved in with her younger teenage brother she is the caretaker of who shall provide some interesting aspects.... BUT. The Roswells are gonna be a PLOT POINT.
    Basically, with their personalities, my idea is that Mrs. Roswell, between going broke, her husband being infected, and seeing his moodswings in between is starting to have some uh... let us say DOUBTS about their marriage, but is trying so HARD to be a Good Wife. She did secretly get a job to pay some of the smaller bills on the sly, but is shaken.

I do plan to get her accidentally knocked up (after YEARS of trying too!), and then when she stumbles on the evidence stash she manages to sneak some evidence out; although Ted catches her downstairs and they have a loud, screaming fight with Ted truly frightening her. This is the beginning of the end of their marriage, and she takes the evidence to the lead scientist that has been coordinating with the Roswells and the site and demands answers.

Long story short (because literally I would have to get into what's going on in the ENTIRE neighborhood with plans at this point), but she and the scientist will fall in love, Ted will get eaten by the Mother (after the mother is killed and resurrected), and Mrs. Roswell will start the drive to become the new Mayor of Roswell.

Fast forward even MORE, because I am slightly erratic and have a ten year plan here, and she will have another child with the Scientist after she marries him, be a well respected Mayor who has brought the town to a new era of prosperity, and be one of the first political figures to sit down and talk politics with an alien delegation.

*jazzhands*

And that is gonna be MY game with the Roswells. I'm going to get her a new hairstyle and make up look soon. But yeah premade households can be incredibly fun. I usually do a mix of original characters and premades.

The only character I DON'T have a plan for right now in Strangerville is Cahill.
    edited March 2019
    I made the fridge business. :P

MJi67pL.png

7gJA3GM.png

zkHc5tl.png
    @RobinGreenthumb I love your plan! I love playing a mix of premades and original sims as well! Ted can have intense swings of emotions, lol. Meredith is quite a patient wife! I made a thread about the Cahill guy. I see him as a sort of Rambo.

@kalaksed Love your study and bunker! I may expand mine as well as he becomes more and more paranoid!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I haven't really played them extensively but I dropped in on them long enough to make Ted an Elder Statesperson and make Meredith a "Politician's Wife" via the self-employment tag. I figure she's loyal and will stand by him while he gets caught up in self-inflicted scandals (at least for a while...)

I also downloaded the Mayor's House for them to live in (by @Dannydanbo ) and gave them a teenage son and daughter. The son, Kevin, is a budding artist and the daughter, Melody, is a self-absorbed party girl.

After I marked them unplayed MCCC gave Melody a baby boy, bringing great embarrassment on the Mayor's family (at least from Ted and Meredith's perspective - the rest of the town has other things to worry about).
    Maybe the wife is manipulating her husband and brought mother for the good of the community?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I haven't done anything with them yet but i do love the way they look. Keepers for sure.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie