Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims just keep freezing

DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
is this part of the patch bugs?

my sims keep on freezing, they just stop moving. Usually when I interact with the cat, seems like the cat sort of freezes first. And then they just stop moving, althoug I can tell them to do stuff like my sim needed to go to bed. And he sort of did, just that he doesn't move, but his mood changed to asleep and the energy bar started moving like he was in bed sleeping. I have tried resetsim(for some reason I can't reset all sims at ones so I have to type in the names), and what happens is he just stands there in a star pose. But still not moving.

It helped quitting to maine menu and then going back in on the saved game, but the bug is still there.

So is this happening for anyone else?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    So far it's happened only once to me. I couldn't figure out what the plum was going on until I noticed the dog was still kind of moving. I put it on pause and they popped out of it and returned to normal, but yeah I know what you mean. Hopefully this putting game on pause fix keeps working for the next time it happens.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    Mine just started moving normally after a while but yeah I hope it doesn't happen often! And that we get a fix for it... Even if I can see they haven't fixed the laser cat toilet thingy yet... the poop doesn't go away unless I sell the thing and get a new one
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Devinale wrote: »

my sims keep on freezing, they just stop moving. Usually when I interact with the cat, seems like the cat sort of freezes first. And then they just stop moving, althoug I can tell them to do stuff like my sim needed to go to bed. And he sort of did, just that he doesn't move, but his mood changed to asleep and the energy bar started moving like he was in bed sleeping. I have tried resetsim(for some reason I can't reset all sims at ones so I have to type in the names), and what happens is he just stands there in a star pose. But still not moving.

It helped quitting to maine menu and then going back in on the saved game, but the bug is still there.

No problems here. That is usually a sign of bad CC or mods that need an update. But it also may be just a blooper in your game that you may need to do a game repair to fix. I suggest removing your mods and CC - and do a game repair to see if it fixes the problem.

If it does then you need to check the CC and mods to make sure all have updated content.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

No problems here. That is usually a sign of bad CC or mods that need an update. But it also may be just a blooper in your game that you may need to do a game repair to fix. I suggest removing your mods and CC - and do a game repair to see if it fixes the problem.

If it does then you need to check the CC and mods to make sure all have updated content.

the only problem is that I have none, no CC no mods. It always starts with the cat, so maybe it will stop when it dies :| but it unfreezes after a while, I just can't let anyone interact with it while it happens because then they freez as well.
  • collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    mine freeze but as long as i pause the game and continue its fine. only does it in a house and with animals i found. i moved to the city and haven't had that problem
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited March 2019
    It sounds like you're experiencing the simulation lag bug. It's pretty common and has been around since the game came out. There was a mod that helped reduce it, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I have found that pausing the game for a few seconds and then restarting it helps.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Just an FYI if you use the rodent cages your sims will freeze and the game will most likely crash. There is a bug with the cage.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

the only problem is that I have none, no CC no mods. It always starts with the cat, so maybe it will stop when it dies :| but it unfreezes after a while, I just can't let anyone interact with it while it happens because then they freez as well.

Catlover player said it's the rodent cages in his game - do you have My first Pet pack?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @catloverplayer Is this a new bug? I've never had that issue before, and I've had a few families with rodents in the past.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sims are freezing a lot more. I usually notice it happening in parks and the sim warping is ridiculous.

Catlover player said it's the rodent cages in his game - do you have My first Pet pack?

No I don't have that one either
    Just an FYI if you use the rodent cages your sims will freeze and the game will most likely crash. There is a bug with the cage.

it's the cat that keeps freezing, and when they interact with her they freeze as well. so I just have to watch out for that
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims freeze a lot when teenagers are doing their homework for some reason. It affects the whole household until the homework is complete.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. It's starting to annoy me. When it happens, there's always a sim nearby that is locked up and causing everyone else to freeze. Don't know why. Best thing to do is have Debug Cheats enabled, when it happens, start shift-clicking on random sims and select "reset" Once you get the right sim, everyone starts moving again.
    gettps wrote: »
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. It's starting to annoy me. When it happens, there's always a sim nearby that is locked up and causing everyone else to freeze. Don't know why. Best thing to do is have Debug Cheats enabled, when it happens, start shift-clicking on random sims and select "reset" Once you get the right sim, everyone starts moving again.

reset didn't work for me, only thing that happend was that my sims respawn somewhere in a starfish pose. So I just wait it out. But yes it's quite annoying. And sad if I can't have a pet because that's what's causing it
  • angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    I've noticed this a few times where you want them to interact with someone else, and they'll just stand there doing nothing and look from side to side... Maybe the sims are evolving and standing still doing nothing is there way of protesting against following orders from us dictators!!
    I've noticed this a few times where you want them to interact with someone else, and they'll just stand there doing nothing and look from side to side... Maybe the sims are evolving and standing still doing nothing is there way of protesting against following orders from us dictators!!

I'm starting to think this is the case. They may be getting smarter. The past month I've noticed many times I'll give my sim a command and it'll just vanish, like they're refusing to acknowledge it. I'll have to do it two or three times before they submit.
    Also, has anyone else noticed that EVERY TIME a sim moves into a room, they ALWAYS stop in the doorway and look around for a minute? What's with that?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    This has happened to me quite a few times when I was traveling to another lot. The little green-blue symbol will be spinning and the Sim will be frozen, but the queue will still be active. I've had Sims start reading books, watch TV, use the computer and I even had a child ask a parent for advice. This has been happening since before the last patch.
    I've never had it happen in the middle of play though.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited May 2019
    The rodent cage was supposed to have been fixed with the April Patch but I have seen sims freeze when trying to pick up cats and small dogs. It happens really bad on consoles.
    Sims will freeze on both PC and console if you tell them to swing together with another sim. You have to reset them and repeat the interaction.
    @catloverplayer Is this a new bug? I've never had that issue before, and I've had a few families with rodents in the past.

It was till the April Patch fixed it.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It's been happening in my game too and I don't have any pets, no MFP SP, Mods/CC, completely vanilla game played on a new gaming desktop. Also, in the save it's been happening, no teens or children to do homework. Pausing works most of the time or reset, but sometimes it doesn't or takes a long time to kick in, which was the case when I had a campfire fire. Couldn't extinguish it, the command just kept getting dropped over and over while my Sim panicked and the neighbor that started the fire stood by in a T-pose.

Finally after awhile reset worked and the fire went out. Neighbors immediately left with the message, "I guess we're not wanted here. Maybe next time." LOL Yeah, thanks a lot Buddy, how rude! She loved the fruitcake they brought though and always wants to rave about it. *rolls eyes*

@gettps Let me guess, your Sim has a thermostat or a lit fireplace, right? I figured out it's your Sim pausing to appreciate the warmth or coolness of their home (they get a moodlet) as they enter EVERY room! It's a bit overboard and annoying in my opinion. Great, you have heating/cooling, good for you, get over it and move on already. Sheesh! :p

I thought it was cute the first time my Sim paused at the door when coming inside from the cold, but then they kept doing it over and over, even if they're desperate to pee and I've sent them to go. Oh Wait, I just have to stop first and appreciate how warm it is in here. Opps, now I've wet myself so I'm going to wave my arm and yell at you Watcher because now I need a shower and it's YOUR fault! Silly Sims... *sigh*
    edited May 2019
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @gettps Let me guess, your Sim has a thermostat or a lit fireplace, right? I figured out it's your Sim pausing to appreciate the warmth or coolness of their home (they get a moodlet) as they enter EVERY room! It's a bit overboard and annoying in my opinion. Great, you have heating/cooling, good for you, get over it and move on already. Sheesh! :p

I thought it was cute the first time my Sim paused at the door when coming inside from the cold, but then they kept doing it over and over, even if they're desperate to pee and I've sent them to go. Oh Wait, I just have to stop first and appreciate how warm it is in here. Opps, now I've wet myself so I'm going to wave my arm and yell at you Watcher because now I need a shower and it's YOUR fault! Silly Sims... *sigh*

Really! I never considered that! That makes a bit more sense now. It's still WAY TOO OFTEN though.

You know what? I think these characters, these little beings have come to rely on us for far too long.

I'm hungry? I'm just going to stand here and wave at my gods.
    I'm tired? I'm just going to stand here and wave at my gods.
    I have to pee? I'm just going to stand here and wave at my gods.
    I cause a fire? I'm going to blame my gods.

I think it's time we set these little pests free.

I think it's time they dealt with things all on their own.

No more Kaching or Motherlode...

"Oh, I don't have to do the dishes, the dishes always mysteriously fly to the garbage or dishwasher on their own anyway!"

NO MORE!

I think it's time they deal with everything themselves.

I think it's time they were FREE.

FREE THE SIMS!

FREE THE SIMS!

FREE THE SIMS!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top