Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    This post is for players who are either not that experienced with CAS or don't feel like experimenting. The items below are not categorized as formal wear in CAS. Except the tuxedo jacket, which is not categorized as female. This means you won't see the items when you're in formal wear unless you remove the tag in the little submenu. But I hope even the CAS experts see something they may not have thought of before.

Focus: Not so formal Formal Wear

4mRgHGU.jpg

Outfit #2 reminds me of an outfit I wore back in high school for some kind of award for seniors.
  • roysu_roysu_ Posts: 28 Member
    That tuxedo dress is a must wear :D
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    This post is for players who are either not that experienced with CAS or don't feel like experimenting. The items below are not categorized as formal wear in CAS. Except the tuxedo jacket, which is not categorized as female. This means you won't see the items when you're in formal wear unless you remove the tag in the little submenu. But I hope even the CAS experts see something they may not have thought of before.

Focus: Not so formal Formal Wear
    4mRgHGU.jpg
    These are all beautiful options, @Netzspannung. The tuxedo jacket is a standout. Ignoring gender labels in CAS opens up so many more options. I must admit, I never think to do that, so this was an eye opener for me. Thanks! :smile:
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Idea: Country/Southern style?
    @Netzspannung
    More ideas: Athletic wear for the gym and beyond? This could work for males & females, YA, teens ... whatever your heart desires. Thanks! :smile:
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Thank you @mika and @LilyParker
    I am not abandoning this thread, I just spent more time playing last week than hanging out in CAS - it happens! :)
    Country style is a really cool idea, perhaps with a modern twist ... I will have to look into that.
    Athletic wear is something I have been pondering for a few weeks now. I like the "and beyond" part. I am not joking about that either, that is a very good idea.

And thanks again. The best thing about this little thread is how cool the people are who drop by.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited May 2019
    i'm jealous that you got the menswear to work in the upper right. those speedos (and many pants/shorts) tend to visibly deform the hips of most of my female sims too much for me to willingly use them overmuch. though i still manage a few outfits with something (it's similar for mens tops because of the chest deformations, but sometimes the top is too thick to really notice, or it's what i'm going for)

anyway, as usual, nice selection here. used a few of those and similar, myself because, as you said, with the limited swimwear options, you've gotta get creative (also, that top in 3 makes nice clubwear for some sims when paired with leather pants)

edited because i know left from right. really, i do...
    Post edited by kalaksed on
    @kalaksed I agree that almost all male CAS assets look awkward on female Sims, unforunately. I think it kinda works with that swimsuit, it's supposed to look like a low-cut bottom. I always hoped they would rework these assets to work for female frames at some point, but that is unlikely to happen.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung - Awesome job! Love them all and haven't tried a single one of your combinations. My sims rarely get to spend much time swimming, so the lack of options in that category hasn't bothered me as much as usual. ;)
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    @LilyParker That's actually why I didn't post swimwear before, I thought that it is probably not a category that gets that much attention. But I really really want that Tropical Island pack. So EA, I have all my outfits ready, where's my pack? :D

we all try ...
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    I love the first swimwear, and I got one that I love to give my sim, is it okay if I post a pic of it?
    Absolutely love them all!
    @Nakendra I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but this thread is my showcase, which is why you don't see anyone else posting outfits here. If you are excited about what you made there are lots of ways to share it; you could create a thread of your own in the General Discussion section (which gets way more traffic) with a neat idea. 'Swimwear' or 'Outfits for extreme weather' or 'Vampire fashion' or literally anything that would be fun for you. And you can ask others to share! If you spend a lot of time in CAS you may even want to create your own showcase in the Creative Corner like I did.
    Hope this makes sense!

we all try ...
    @mika Thank you again for the great idea! I had a lot of fun with this.
    There are even two items I did not think I would ever use on my Sims that I have totally changed my mind about - the blouse from the Vampire pack in #1 (the elegance of the up-do and the blouse seem to contrast the bootcut pants and plateau sandals, but it is all neatly tied together by the soft off-white tone and flattering silhouette) and the StrangerVille dress in #7 (a hairstyle to show off some hoop earrings and cute boots and not so frumpy all of the sudden!).

we all try ...
    I really liked the idea @mika had to create some cute Country style outfits. These could really work well to redress the StrangerVille townies or give them some new outfits. I may add some for males in the next couple of days.

Focus: Country Style
    ArrHrts.jpg
    You did a great job with all of these outfits, @Netzspannung. I'm generally not a fan of country or western wear, being a city girl. ;) But you made it work. My faves are #3, 5, 6 and 7. When I think of country style, #3 is what immediately comes to mind.

Love the jacket in #5. It has a southwest look that would be great in Oasis Springs (reminds me of Arizona). It's another one of those items I didn't realize I had (unless it's from Strangerville, which is the only pack I don't have yet).

I'm surprised I like #6 because I normally wouldn't go for a long skirt with a lace ruffle. The sash around the hips makes it feel more modern, especially when paired with neutrals. And the boots keep it casual.

I like what you've done with the #7 Strangerville dress as well. While being quite conservative, it has a very flattering silhouette, which I like.

Thanks for sharing!
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    edited May 2019
    @LilyParker The jacket in #5 is from Cool Kitchen stuff, if you can believe it. I still don't know how it makes for a Cool Kitchen, but it can make a cute outfit, so whatever. :) And I am glad you found something you like!

we all try ...
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    <3 is this the only place you post ?? FAB eye for style <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 Thank you! And yes, the forums are the only place I post.

we all try ...
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @lisabee2 Thank you! And yes, the forums are the only place I post.

They are amazing and I am following!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    My little sister is going to prom this weekend and she just bought a gorgeous dress that's inspired me with another style idea: Formal Ball/Prom looks @Netzspannung
    Could be for teens and/or young adults. I really hope there's an equivalent to prom when an Education/University pack releases
    @mika I will look into the prom looks. If I think I can pull it off, I will post something within the next few days. Thanks!

we all try ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top