The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    This is one of my absolute favorite threads. My game would not be the same without it. My Sims are so well dressed now thanks to this. <3
  • leonyjianmuleonyjianmu Posts: 55 Member
    I love this thread! Just found it a couple weeks ago looking for ideas to dress my sims (as i literally dress them all the same, lol). If its not too much trouble, do you think you could try something like hip hop/urban style?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2020
    When I'm bored with TS4 I play in windowed mode, go to CAS and have this thread open. I re-create all the outfits I like (which is a lot TBH).

BTW here are some ideas for Throw-Back-Thursdays:
    - Get To Work (I think it still has some great CAS pieces that need some love by the Sims 4 community.)
    - Outdoor Retreat
    - A Stuff-Pack-Mix-Show-CASe (Only items from SPs can be used. Get creative by mixing and matching them. Can you believe there's already 14 of them that include YA/A CAS?)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I have a theme idea as well: perhaps time period fashion, like some Victorian Era inspired looks?
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited April 2020
    mika wrote: »
    I have a theme idea as well: perhaps time period fashion, like some Victorian Era inspired looks?

She's done something like that before - look back to Page 13, I think.
    Post edited by SquirrelTail15 on
    banner.png
  • Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    Oh wow I just discovered this thread! I love all these outfits and will definitely be putting some of them in my game :D
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Interested to see how you'll design the denim-skirt-over-denim-jeans from Eco Lifestyle!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    Interested to see how you'll design the denim-skirt-over-denim-jeans from Eco Lifestyle!

That you think of this thread when you see a questionable piece of clothing is amazing! :D It could be a full body outift, but I will make sure to do something with it in my first post. I really enjoyed the new hairstyles in the trailer but some the CAS will be a challenge.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I remember when the skirt over pants/jeans look first came into fashion back around 1999-2000. I thought it was an odd look which wasn't flattering. When I played soccer I always thought it odd when one of the team would wear shorts over tracksuit pants.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    I can't believe I've only just found this thread. This is so well executed, I'm in awe!

Since you're my CAS guru now, I hope I can ask you how you categorise rain wear. Do you put it in hot or cold weather, or every day?
    Even though most of what's fitting is full wear outfits - it would be so fun to see how you style sims for a rainy day :blush:

Keep shining, what you're doing is simply brilliant! :star:
    Since we're entering June Idea: Summer/beach looks?
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    You are truly an inspiration, @Netzspannung to everyone here. You tastes and ideas with the clothing are motivating and uplifting to so many people and most appreciated. <3<3

Perfection as usual @Netzspannung ! What pack is the third top on the first row from? I have all the packs but can't seem to find it
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    This is why we need a way to create and share our own styled looks in the game. I love all the outfits you've created!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
    edited June 2020
    @Jendowoz0612 Thank for your kind words! I know how much creative work you do with CAS, so it is much appreciated.
    @mika That is an Island Living top, actually. It comes in a couple more striped version, a couple with a bird print and some color blocking options. Glad you liked the outfits! And thanks for the idea. It made we wonder if there is a general interest of me revisiting certain categories, particularly when it comes to seasonal clothing, as more items get added to the game.
    @aelias24 Thank you and I agree that would be a great feature!
    @illustratedhappiness Thank you for your comment! And just to let you know, I think Rainy Day wear is a very interesting idea, I'll have to see if I can come up with something!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Hey, love this thread! What's the first outfit's shorts? I haven't seen them before.
    Hey, love this thread! What's the first outfit's shorts? I haven't seen them before.

Thank you! And those shorts are from the StrangerVille GP.

we all try ...
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I just want to say that I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and I love it so much. You always do such a great job!

I also really, really love what you did with the hated skirt-pants. It looks really good on a punky/grunge sim. I also am obsessed with the fourth outfit on the top row, it kinda looks like something a hipster writer sim could wear on a rainy day. Also, the shoes on the orange/yellow outfit with the skirt on the bottom row look perfect... you made them work for casual wear which I've never done before. :)
    I just want to say that I've been a lurker on this thread for a while and I love it so much. You always do such a great job!

I also really, really love what you did with the hated skirt-pants. It looks really good on a punky/grunge sim. I also am obsessed with the fourth outfit on the top row, it kinda looks like something a hipster writer sim could wear on a rainy day. Also, the shoes on the orange/yellow outfit with the skirt on the bottom row look perfect... you made them work for casual wear which I've never done before. :)

Thank you for your kind comment! Getting feedback like this is a very nice reminder that details matter and make me feel like less of a fool for taking 15 minutes just to decide between two swatches of a shoe - only to change my mind before posting and going back into CAS to change it again. :D

we all try ...
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    I'm loving these outfits! I'll definitely be putting a few in my game. I wish we could save styled outfits in CAS
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...you know, i haven't even looked at cas since getting the pack (been so busy poking and prodding and editing like every lot in existence, yeesh). and knew there'd be a flurry of makeovers as soon as i touched the cas parts, seeing what you've done here def ensures that'll happen

...and been kinda inactive for a while, but yes, netz, everything you do here is amazing and the little touches really do get noticed and add so much to a lot of these styles (also, *shakefist* you make me want to try a 'two buds opening a microbrewery' playthrough at some point)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top