March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can be done to fix sims themselves?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Aww thanks for asking for my opinion :)

The personalities are so broken at the core I am not sure what can be done to fix it. Almost all the traits have a point where the sim gets tense and therefore makes all the sims seem the same.

I can say the one trait that I find really good is jealousy. My jealous sim was so jealous to the point of annoyance but it is the only trait where you really see a difference in sim behavior not just moodlets. I also have been enjoying the quirks for the famous people because it also drives a different behavior from Sims. I have a serious actor quirk on one of my famous sims and she doesn't like jokes much and it makes her a bit more unique.

I used to think adding Fears could make a difference but I am afraid they might just get a tense moodlet from the fear. I would hope they would pee themselves, run away or die by fear if they experience a fear.

At the end of the day, the way to fix the sims themselves is by recoding traits to drive sim behavior or add another element such as fears or quirks that could drive sim behavior as well. I mean snobby sims should be annoyed by goofy sims especially when they are telling jokes or barging into apartments. The snobby sim should literally yell at them when they are being too goofy not an angry moodlet, letting the goofy sim that their behavior will not be tolerated by this snobby sim...lol Then they should walk away with the snobby walk. Now we will have a reason for those walk styles...lol

I hope that makes sense. I have had insomnia for two days and I am exhausted and I usually ramble when that happens.

You're right, the fear emotion would better fit some situations. I mean when there is a storm outside the fear emotion would be better than the tense emotion, as well as when they see ghosts, vampires etc.
    Simburian wrote: »
    To me there should be a limit to how good the AI should be. A little better maybe.

I know that now Sims can ignore your commands a lot and go their own way and that can be annoying and due to poor programming but a brilliant, fully functioning, programmed AI would scare me into not playing again. I want to believe that I rule them (at least to some degree) and not them ruling me. "What the "plumb" do you want me to do that for" looks into camera! It's bad enough already. If any possible Sims 5 Sim does that I'm off!

I understand what you're trying to say. But like @GrumpyGlowfish said I'd prefer having my sims doing stuff they like instead of all being on computer etc.

@KottonKrown Our sims defenitely need better reactions. I love the idea of enemies coming to your house to throw the dustbin, thinking bad things about your when they are near etc. It helps them to feel more alive.
    I liked the idea of the memory system with a photo album. What I didn't like was getting spammed with what I consider trivial memories. For example: the sim learned handiness, the sim took a class in handiness, etc. I spent way more time than I wanted to spend on clearing out memories that I didn't want in my scrapbook.

I like how TS4 doesn't automatically make memories without my permission. I choose what photo's I want to take and have in my album. The problem with the TS4 system though is that once I've got a lot of photo's in memory, it is really hard to scroll down through all of them.

In summary, I'd like to see a memory system that allows me to choose what memories I want to make with an easy way of getting to whatever page I want to get to when I want to see a specific photo for my walk down memory lane. I hope what I just wrote makes sense lol.

btw, forgot to thank the OP for requesting my thoughts. (Often a dangerous place to be. ;) ) Too often I feel like my posts fall on deaf ears or that my opinion doesn't matter. Thanks for asking for my input! :)

Every opinions are important, we are all simmers & we have the right to voice up our thoughts, you're welcome, thank's to you to share your ideas with us. I think that the memory system should be done a bit like in TS2, sims should remember important events such as wedding, having kids, first woohoo, first kiss etc. But I never experienced memory in TS4, how does it work? It seems kind of lame cause I never saw this in my game.

@ListentoToppDogg this is true that the evil trait is one of the weaker trait ever. I don't believe we'll see big changes in those we already have but it would be nice if the devs could add a little bit to them. For example evil sims should autonomously act with mischief & mean interactions, a neat sim should be really angry when a filthy sim is soiling an object.

@Remy_Geneva thinking of whims makes me want to cry. I don't know if it is really hard for them to overhaul whims but I hope they'll do it at some point. At least give us whims according the traits sims have. I think that with the club system they could also add likes/dislikes, usually devs love to recycle things, that doesn't work properly *cough* retail system, so why couldn't they recycle the club system for likes/dislikes? For once we are asking them to recycle something, plus a system that works, come on guys! :smiley:
    Karon wrote: »
    @Jordan061102 First and foremost, your opinions about how Sims 4 treats its personality system is not annoying, its important and will never be enough to talk about it!

Getting out of the way, I don't have time to read what everyone is say right now, so I'm have to excuse if I repeat what someone said already. I think that some of the relationships could be better if some systems were made to respond on how your sim acts towards others and vice-versa.
    The best example I have in my mind is Sims 2's Fury/Jealousy system. Yes, yes... I know that some sims overreacted to certain stimulations, but Sims 4 treats that as a joke or something. The other day I had my sims husband cheat on her, then she got inside the room and didn't react at all. Maybe it was a bug or something, but either way the most reaction I would get out of her would be to hit her foot on the floor, growl and rage for 2 seconds. Thats probably way our sims start being friendly seconds after being insulted... Oh, i miss how my sims would think something bad about their enemies when they got in the same room at the same time, haha.
    Maybe Sims 4 should take that sims 2 rage/jealouse system and apply it, if nothing more can be done, I would be more okay with that than the current situation, but... If the devs can develop that better they could take their time to polish that by adding levels of anger/hate/offensiveness.
    If your sim is insulted, but nothing more, they would fell insulted. Some would get angry, some would get sad and cry, some would overreact, etc (depending on their traits), but mostly it wouldn't be a big thing. The difference is that their emotions would be attached to the other sim who caused it, like in SIms 2 that a red timer would appear over their picture on the friendship list.
    But, some things would be so powerful and remarkable in their lives that it would work differently. Let's say that your gold digger married an old man... One day she's cheating on him while he's at work, but suddenly he arrives (maybe he retired and could get back earlier), then he catches his wife cheating on him with Don Lothario. His age would influence how his emotions would function... He would get so angry that Grim Reaper would come by to say hello!
    Depending on the importance, the impact and the traits of your sims they would be angry over small things for more time than other sims, but all most important memories would make them super angry for the longest time.
    And I am not only talking about range/jealousy, more systems like that, based on human interactions, should be thought about and included. Maybe a joy system, were your sim would be most likely to have a faster relationship with someone who made something good to them, or they would feel flattered for a period of time after someone made a complimment over their appearance and would be more likely to treat said sim better.
    For know, thats all I wanted. Meaningful reactions and more interesting human interactions, and I think thats why many simmers love Sims 2 (besides nostalgia), cuz those things make our sims more alive, more attacheable.

The fury/jealousy system sounds super interesting & fun! I never experienced it in TS2. I would love to see my sims rage when there is a sim they don't like or when they are cheated on. It could have a lot of effects on them considering their traits. A gloomy sim could have a breakdown during a few days and being extremely sad, during this period all the things he/she does should be bad : bad quality food, learning skills slower etc. I really love the idea of an elder being able to die because of too much emotions.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't think you are annoying, this is the most important aspect of The Sims, in fact EA's TS4 homepage literally says "Create Sims... with distinct personalities". This is just a barefaced lie. How can you advertise sims having unique personalities when they all do almost the exact same things? Every sim is a gamer, every sim likes books, any sim can date any sim and the list goes on and on. There are very few things that actually make sims feel like individuals.

Every Sim is addicted to their smart phone. XD. They really do all act the same. Remember Technophobe?

ETA: I just had an idea I'd love to see. It might be a bit overkill, but it would keep control freaks like myself happy.

I would love to be able to assign certain default behaviors/interests to each Sim via their Simology panel. By default, all the default actions should reflect their traits. But imagine if we can set certain options and rules?

EG:

Physical contact [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim tends to give out hugs more often and autonomously.
    Hate = Sim usually rejects hugs etc. Unless with their family/lovers/best friends. Repeated hugs start to annoy and will be rejected.
    Neutral = Default behaviour

Public displays of affection. [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim more likely to accept/perform public displays of affection. Gains moodlets when witnessing it.
    Hate = Sim always rejects kissing/hugs in public. Repulsed & negative relationship to others doing it.
    Neutral = Default to relationship level

INESERT SIM NAME [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love= Your Sim just seems to get on with this Sim. Interactions are always positive and successful with this Sim.
    Hate = Your Sim just doesn't get on with this Sim at all. Interactions are always negative or unsuccessful with this Sim. Nothing seems to bring them together.

Technology. [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim uses computers/smartphone autonomously and gains more fun and moodlets from it. Talks about technology. Gets on with others with this interest.
    Hate= Sim never autonomously uses computers/smartphones. Doesn't get on with others who love technology. Gains negative mood if forced too much.
    Neutral = Default behaviour.

Television [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Watches TV & movies more often autonomously. Talks about TV shows. Positive moodlets etc
    Hate = Rarely watches TV autonomously. Gets bored if made to. Doesn't get on with TV addicts.

I could go on and on. I think this would be a system that could be implemented into the current game and would be a better interests and traits system than ever before. And imagine mod support. :open_mouth:

Post edited by JPsimmer on
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @Jordan061102 TS4 doesn't have a "memory system". It does have a way to take photo's for your photo album to save as "memories". That was what I was referring to and what I use as a sort of memory system in TS4.

The main improvement needed in TS4's "memory system" is a better way to get to a desired photo. It takes a lot of scrolling to get to a new photo once you have taken a lot of photos.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    edited March 2019
    ''But I never experienced memory in TS4, how does it work? "

Like this.. Go to screenshot capture manager, make a memory, view memory, have sim reminisce on the memory. You can remove sims you don't want from the memory.

j517ZxZ.png

She was feeling uncomfortable and after recalling that moment gets to a playful emotion.

7iyGlvH.png

OsAfiIX.png
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

Like this.. Go to screenshot capture manager, make a memory, view memory, have sim reminisce on the memory. You can remove sims you don't want from the memory.

j517ZxZ.png

She was feeling uncomfortable and after recalling that moment gets to a playful emotion.

7iyGlvH.png

OsAfiIX.png

Ok I see, this is not that impressing, we need a proper system.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited March 2019
    I'd like sims to reminisce about a memory by looking at the pictures on the wall. I thought they could, but I'm checking it now and it seems they don't get a moodlet from it.

ujvbTof.png
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    I don't think you are annoying, this is the most important aspect of The Sims, in fact EA's TS4 homepage literally says "Create Sims... with distinct personalities". This is just a barefaced lie. How can you advertise sims having unique personalities when they all do almost the exact same things? Every sim is a gamer, every sim likes books, any sim can date any sim and the list goes on and on. There are very few things that actually make sims feel like individuals.

Every Sim is addicted to their smart phone. XD. They really do all act the same. Remember Technophobe?

ETA: I just had an idea I'd love to see. It might be a bit overkill, but it would keep control freaks like myself happy.

I would love to be able to assign certain default behaviors/interests to each Sim via their Simology panel. By default, all the default actions should reflect their traits. But imagine if we can set certain options and rules?

EG:

Physical contact [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim tends to give out hugs more often and autonomously.
    Hate = Sim usually rejects hugs etc. Unless with their family/lovers/best friends. Repeated hugs start to annoy and will be rejected.

Public displays of affection. [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim more likely to accept/perform public displays of affection. Gains moodlets when witnessing it.
    Hate = Sim always rejects kissing/hugs in public. Repulsed & negative relationship to others doing it.
    Neutral = Default to relationship level

INESERT SIM NAME [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love= Your Sim just seems to get on with this Sim. Interactions are always positive and successful with this Sim.
    Hate = Your Sim just doesn't get on with this Sim at all. Interactions are always negative or unsuccessful with this Sim. Nothing seems to bring them together.

Technology. [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Sim uses computers/smartphone autonomously and gains more fun and moodlets from it. Talks about technology. Gets on with others with this interest.
    Hate= Sim never autonomously uses computers/smartphones. Doesn't get on with others who love technology. Gains negative mood if forced too much.
    Neutral = Default behaviour.

Television [LOVE/HATE/NEUTRAL]
    Love = Watches TV & movies more often autonomously. Talks about TV shows. Positive moodlets etc
    Hate = Rarely watches TV autonomously. Gets bored if made to. Doesn't get on with TV addicts.

I could go on and on. I think this would be a system that could be implemented into the current game and would be a better interests and traits system than ever before. And imagine mod support. :open_mouth:

Wow. I love what you listed, it would add so much to personalities. There would be so many customisation with this! I hope someone at Maxis we'll see it (as well as other ideas here) cause this is really good. If we had the possibility to make a game with our ideas, it would be the best Sims game ever. :smiley: All of you have so many good ideas, I'm glad to have asked your thoughts.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2019
    Nice ideas!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    We need a Fear emotion, as well as having Uncomfortable enhance all negative emotions (not just in a mod, for real). The ambient Happy moodlets also need to be nerfed--either removed entirely or put on a timer of, say, 20-30 minutes.

We also need more traits, more trait slots, and for traits to have more impact on autonomous actions. I don't want sims with the Loner trait running up to strangers to make conversation or Bookworms going straight for the computer when they come to your house (unless they also have the Geek trait).

Speaking of autonomy, I'd also like to shout out to the problem of sims with bad relationship ratings making friendly conversation right after a fight and not choosing the nearest table as the default place to sit down and eat. That's really lame, guys. Really lame.

The "away" system also needs work. You set a sim to work on a skill, they don't work on the skill. You come home to the house with your active sim, you've got sims in each other's rooms uninvited playing on the computer, you've got sims eating breakfast leftovers for dinner, you've got sims up in the middle of the night when you put them to bed before you left...utter chaos! That's a real immersion breaker, and the main reason why I do not like having to split the party in this game.

Finally, letting us pick a sim's favorite drink, favorite food, favorite color, etc. is needed. Badly. We have human sims with Plasma Jane as their favorite drink, we have sims drinking pet meds...it's madness out there!

So, yeah, our sims need a lot of fixing...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

j517ZxZ.png

7iyGlvH.png

OsAfiIX.png

I agree. Sims having to dig up a photograph to change their mood/emotion is not what a memory system should be about for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    We need a Fear emotion, as well as having Uncomfortable enhance all negative emotions (not just in a mod, for real). The ambient Happy moodlets also need to be nerfed--either removed entirely or put on a timer of, say, 20-30 minutes.

We also need more traits, more trait slots, and for traits to have more impact on autonomous actions. I don't want sims with the Loner trait running up to strangers to make conversation or Bookworms going straight for the computer when they come to your house (unless they also have the Geek trait).

Speaking of autonomy, I'd also like to shout out to the problem of sims with bad relationship ratings making friendly conversation right after a fight and not choosing the nearest table as the default place to sit down and eat. That's really lame, guys. Really lame.

The "away" system also needs work. You set a sim to work on a skill, they don't work on the skill. You come home to the house with your active sim, you've got sims in each other's rooms uninvited playing on the computer, you've got sims eating breakfast leftovers for dinner, you've got sims up in the middle of the night when you put them to bed before you left...utter chaos! That's a real immersion breaker, and the main reason why I do not like having to split the party in this game.

Finally, letting us pick a sim's favorite drink, favorite food, favorite color, etc. is needed. Badly. We have human sims with Plasma Jane as their favorite drink, we have sims drinking pet meds...it's madness out there!

i fully disagree the sims do not need a fear emotion and 2 the sims4 do not need fixing the sims4 is fine as it is if you went such features thats what mods and custom content exist for as a player of the sims i sure do not went a sim fear emotion
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member

i fully disagree the sims do not need a fear emotion and 2 the sims4 do not need fixing the sims4 is fine as it is if you went such features thats what mods and custom content exist for as a player of the sims i sure do not went a sim fear emotion

And I don't want ambient happiness constantly drowning out my sims negative emotions and having the same emotion that results from a hard day at work lazily being re-used for ghost sightings. Plenty of other simmers have echoed that opinion, I'm surprised you haven't noticed.

And, ooooooh, this game doesn't need fixing? The memory system we had at launch allowed us to assign any emotion we wanted to memories and filtered our screenshots so that only ones from our current save would show up when we went to the menu. Then, they patched it to auto-assign emotions that we could not change, and turned the memories panel into a laggy jumble of every screenshot we'd ever taken in any and every save. Tell me that doesn't need fixing. Tell me the fact that two sims can have a brawl and become sworn enemies one moment and be having a jolly chat the next does not need fixing. Go ahead and tell me that a sim's randomly chosen favorite drink being pet medicine or your sims that you left in bed when you went to a community lot but are up and at 'em, half-rested, when you come back at midnight when they have to get up for work/school at 5 in the morning does not need fixing. Those are problems. Real problems. Immersion-breaking problems and they happen constantly. Having friends over is impossible unless you shove your computers in a room and lock the door before company comes. I should not have to lock away my electronics when I have friends over!!

You might be able to overlook these glaring flaws in the game because there are other things about it you love, and that's cool, but do not sit up here and have the gaul to tell me, "Oh, this game has no problems. Let the modders sort it out, LOL!" It's that sort of attitude that got us in this quagmire in the first place.

*mike-drop, exit stage left*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

and 2 the sims4 do not need fixing the sims4 is fine as it is if you went such features thats what mods and custom content exist for as a player of the sims i sure do not went a sim fear emotion

Well, I adore the sims in TS4 and because I adore them, I would like kids to have the exclusive traits- like toddlers, that I listed above.

edited March 2019

That's fine if you don't want, but we want. @friendlysimmers

Anyway, @SimsLovinLycan I fully agree with what you said, we need a fear emotion!

@Sofmc9 same I would love to have more traits, aspirations and better behaviours for our kids. They need it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member

Opinions like this will keep the game from improving. You may well think the game is fine, but to say that its the job of modders to add in features that were advertised as part of the base game is just dishonest. When everyone bought this game, we were and still are under no obligation top use mods to add features. The developers are the ones being paid to do a job, so let them do their job.
    edited March 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

j517ZxZ.png

7iyGlvH.png

OsAfiIX.png

I agree. Sims having to dig up a photograph to change their mood/emotion is not what a memory system should be about for me.

For sure this is not! :smiley: It makes me mad that they thought about memory for this game but they didn't even do it the right way. *sigh* Sometimes I'm really desperate, did they really think it was the kind of memory we always wanted? I wasn't in forums during TS3 era but I think they know since a long long time ago what we want for personality. TS4 should have been this game that we all dreamed about. Anyway, it has still at least 2 more years left, it's never too late to add something and repair mistakes.

Opinions like this will keep the game from improving. You may well think the game is fine, but to say that its the job of modders to add in features that were advertised as part of the base game is just dishonest. When everyone bought this game, we were and still are under no obligation top use mods to add features. The developers are the ones being paid to do a job, so let them do their job.

This. Nothing more to add. But I have the feeling he/she is obsessed with disagree with my thread, don't know why. 🤷 Anyway, here we are to talk about what we want to see improved!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The memory system in Sims 3 was a nuisance by the way, I have it disabled. But the moodlets make sure sims do have some form of memory that does work for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Wants and fears are super important aswell as memories - it's the core of the game, and it's not the same game without those things.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    Wants and fears are super important aswell as memories - it's the core of the game, and it's not the same game without those things.

I have to agree with you. It's the reason why TS4 feels so appart from the previous iterations.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    here a little lesson for all fear is not an emotion its a feeling read this for proof

Is fear an emotion or a feeling?
    This hypothesized set includes such emotions as acute stress reaction, anger, angst, anxiety, fright, horror, joy, panic, and sadness. Fear is closely related to, but should be distinguished from, the emotion anxiety, which occurs as the result of threats that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    here a little lesson for all fear is not an emotion its a feeling read this for proof

Is fear an emotion or a feeling?
    This hypothesized set includes such emotions as acute stress reaction, anger, angst, anxiety, fright, horror, joy, panic, and sadness. Fear is closely related to, but should be distinguished from, the emotion anxiety, which occurs as the result of threats that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.

So are all the emotions in the game invalid then? They are also things you can feel, like playful or happy or tense. Emotions and feelings are linked, while I'm sure some would argue that they're the same. Either way, people experience fear. I don't see any reason not to include it. Even the Disney movie Inside Out from a few years ago had a fear character, so surely the average simmer could handle having a fear emotion in the game. I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't completely understand...
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    The main issue with personalities and traits is the emotional system itself, both in action and in the code. The code is littered with all sorts of "buffs" (which is the equivalent to emotional states). The emotional system is deeply tied in with autonomy (or static commodity system). For example, a mod that increases the autonomy of retail employees so that they react faster to ringing up clients simply alters "staticCommodity_Retail_Employee_RingUpCustomers". This intermingle of the two yields shallow sims that do the exact same things with a consistent pattern to something that should be random and based on the personality of said sim. Therefore, these systems should be separated as much as possible to prevent one another from overriding. Ideally they should be cut off and rewritten as their own separate systems, but realistically speaking it is more feasible for the devs to simply distance their dependency.

Second issue; flip-flop emotional states. This is just unrealistic. My sim experiences the death of a family member, gets sad. But wait, he walks into a room with beautiful overflowing decor? Well my sim just forgot the death of his grandmother and is happy! But wait, what about that focus tea you can brew? Well now your sim is so far over the death of his grandmother, he is not only focused, but VERY focused because he ingested some magical emotional tea and the happiness buff from decor boosts the Focused emotional state. Come on now, how does that make any sense? First off, emotional states should be stronger, lingering. That Emotional Inertia mod targets this, it can be done. In fact there's a whole array of emotion-altering mods to make the game much more realistic.

Third issue; autonomy overrides emotional state. So your sim is very angry? Not a problem, just go around walking in a "🐸🐸🐸🐸 off" walking style but hug everyone and their mother because you can. Autonomy disregards traits and emotional states too much, sims don't autonomously do things that correlate to their emotional state or traits.

Fourth and last issue; happy is the default emotional state for pretty much everything. Just no, no no no. The default should be "Fine".

On top of that there are certain things to boost the system. An attraction system as some have mentioned, a likes/dislikes system. Those are examples of things that can shake up the routine and make sims individuality POP.

I do not play vanilla. To be fair I have never played any iteration vanilla. But I have a good share of mods targeting the emotional system, autonomy and socialization. It CAN be done, you do not have to rewrite the whole system. In my game, my sim might remember the next day randomly that his grandmother passed away yesterday and get sad for example. A sim that is angry and autonomously engages in mean interactions will continue to do so and reject friendly interactions. THAT is realistic. But beyond that my point is, if mods can achieve this, it means the game can achieve it. The possibility is there, the ability to do so is there, what is lacking? *Wanting to do it, devs, WANTING*.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I actually agree with everything you've said except that sims can just date anyone. I don't know if I'm crazy but I really think there is already some kind of attraction equation in place in TS4. Because some sim couples I just can't seem to make happen in any way that feels natural. I would have to force it a lot because there's just seemingly no.. connection? They get bored all the time or annoyed or just leave... 😂 But then there's also the complete opposite, sims that hit it off on the spot, make each other feel better, and have spectacular woohoo. And the remaining just fine-types. I actually like however that happens.

But either way, yes, I'm all for making the personalities stand out more, a la TS2. And for turning the positive emotions down just a taaaat more ;) even though it got better, but there's definitely still some room for improvement.

I think the same thing! The times when they just bore each other is so funny! I’m always wondering, what is it about this certain sim that bores you so much??

And sometimes I’ll have a Sim at the romance festival, drinking tea with someone, and the other person doesn’t get flirty, that’s super weird too.

I do love it when they hit it off really great, and become friends and lovers almost instantly, lol

SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • leavebellaaloneleavebellaalone Posts: 9 New Member
    I miss TS2's likes and dislikes, I think it really gave our sims more personalities. We also need more traits, there is just not enough! Another important thing I think TS4 is lacking is hobbies for sims. For me, TS2 FreeTime was one of the best add on packs to the game. It's because it gave our sims more depth I think.

Also, does anyone else miss the gossip interaction from TS3? I liked knowing what was going on around town through the grapevine.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @leavebellaalone It was really cool when gossip mentioned a specific sim. Really made the sims seem more real and the town more dynamic.