Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Not So Inconspicuous Door

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
This is a new door in StrangerVille. In the story line you need a key card to open it. But when I tried it in a regular house it didn't open. What is the story on this door? Can it be used in your own secret bunker or can it only be used in non residential lot or can it be used at all?
Post edited by Bronwin2 on

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Maybe it can only be used for the Science Lab? I don't know, I haven't tried it anywhere else.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i just tested this one, in all four color swatches (there's sometimes stuff associated with individual swatches) and it worked fine for me on this sim's home lot:

b02b451a95d23ed3fb0733b9fe8544e2.png

also, double checked and even with showhiddenobjects on, i'm just seeing the 'another not so inconspicuous' door show up
    fa4c40cdba9e1db6b7cf8841ebb04491.png
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited March 2019
    Did you place the door in StrangerVille? That's where I tested it and it didn't work.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that is indeed in strangerville, one of the empty lots in shady acres (the one right next to the road)
  • RoboBlitzRoboBlitz Posts: 1 New Member
    I think hes asking about why you can not interact with the door, like you can with the one in the secret lab.
    I was so hoping to have it act as a new replacement for the vault door
  • HeadmoeHeadmoe Posts: 11 New Member
    Try interacting with an item in the room beyond the door instead of trying to interact directly with the door.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    It's a normal door looking like a lab door. Sims can just walk through it, it automatically opens and closes as sims walk through, just like other doors. No keycard required.
    These same doors (open without the keycard) are located next to the Mother plant. I mean these other three doors that lead nowhere.
  • Kain_DrakanKain_Drakan Posts: 16 Member
    Aaaww, too bad they don't require keycard. I wanted precisely that so the kid of my crazy scientist can't go in there. Can't even set it to only allows access to one sim and lock for everyone else like all other doors. Ugh!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Aaaww, too bad they don't require keycard. I wanted precisely that so the kid of my crazy scientist can't go in there. Can't even set it to only allows access to one sim and lock for everyone else like all other doors. Ugh!

Perhaps there is a door in debug objects that require just that. Take a look with bb.showhiddenobjects cheat.